Nakhon Pathom man cleared of animal cruelty after feeding cat carcass to python

webfact

Nakhon Pathom man cleared of animal cruelty after feeding cat carcass to python

By The Nation

800_bfee4f91088690a.jpg?v=1565668002

A man in Nakhon Pathom’s Bang Lane district has been cleared of animal cruelty after a Facebook post showed him feeding his pet python with a carcass of a cat, Watchdog Thailand said.

The animal rights action group posted on its Facebook wall that the unidentified man was investigated by police from the Bang Lane police station, officials from the National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department, Bang Lane livestock development office and Bang Lane district office.

Watchdog Thailand said the man was cleared on the animal cruelty charges after the officials found that he fed the carcass of a cat killed by a car to his python.

Watchdog Thailand added that the man was found to have proper a license to keep two golden pythons and three other pythons as pets. He was also found to have five foreign species of turtles in his possession but the law does not require him to register them.

On Monday, Watchdog Thailand reported on its Facebook page that it had asked the man to report to the Bang Lane police station after his Facebook post that drew an outcry from animal lovers.

The man initially stated in the post that he caught the cat to feed his python but he later amended the post that the cat was hit and killed by a car so he fed the carcass to his snake.

In the first post, the man claimed the cat belonged to his neighbour and was a nuisance to him, often straying into his house to urinate and defecate, so he fed it to his pythons. 

Watchdog Thailand said it asked the Bang Lane police station to conduct an investigation of possible animal cruelty because the group had learned that some python breeders had pretended to adopt kittens from some Facebook pages and feed them to their snakes.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30374653

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-13

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

In the first post, the man claimed the cat belonged to his neighbour and was a nuisance to him, often straying into his house to urinate and defecate, so he fed it to his pythons. 

This sounds more like the truth,then quickly backtracked,when he

got  criticism from people on Facebook.

regards worgeordie

4 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

I wonder if he wants to rent one of his pythons out, loads of feral cats where I live......

Just beat me to it Sir, except around my area they are not feral, just have irresponsible owners.

1 hour ago, Geoffggi said:

I wonder if he wants to rent one of his pythons out, loads of feral cats where I live......

Same here someone dumped 40 cats in the Wat next to where we live a bloody nightmare now cats in the roofspace invading the house stinking out everywhere, just wish i had my 12 bore with me.

7 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Very much doubt a python (or any snake) would eat anything already dead, they aren't scavengers, they're hunters..

In the wild very likely but in captivity they will be fed using chicks ususally bought frozen and defrosted prior to feeding.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 11:50 AM, webfact said:

The man initially stated in the post that he caught the cat to feed his python ... he later amended the post that the cat was hit and killed by a car so he fed the carcass to his snake ... the man claimed the cat belonged to his neighbour and was a nuisance to him, often straying into his house to urinate and defecate, so he fed it to his pythons. 

Perhaps he could try a different tack ... like writing it down, then rote learning it until word perfect.

Archived