Want to extend visa by 30 days but hotel says they don't file TM30's?

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Is that the one where you get refund from owner. Good luck with that. 

I got my money back when he came back from a business trip. Without any problem what so ever. You seem to have only bad experiences in Thailand. Well, it's not the same for me. 

• Haha 1

Happened to me two years ago when they started with this bulls hit... Went to Jomtien immigration for extension and they told me to pay a fine (I was in a Hotel and never heard of this before). 

So what I did was went to ban Chang, checked in a Hotel and told them to do the TM30, paid and went with their receipt straight to the Rayong immigration (in Ban Chang). Got the extension without any problem and spent the night at the bar street there. Next day I went back to Patts. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kaneko86 said:

Happened to me two years ago when they started with this bulls hit... Went to Jomtien immigration for extension and they told me to pay a fine (I was in a Hotel and never heard of this before). 

So what I did was went to ban Chang, checked in a Hotel and told them to do the TM30, paid and went with their receipt straight to the Rayong immigration (in Ban Chang). Got the extension without any problem and spent the night at the bar street there. Next day I went back to Patts. 

What hotel in Pattaya did you stay at? 

16 minutes ago, ifmu said:

i like this solution ... we should do it to all unlicensed 

First of all its not a solution for the OP. Also there are many many situations where reporting tm30 is not straight forward for owner.

Won't list them because too numerous. Folk that type "report the owner"

"Make owner pay fine", "change your condo". List goes on. Serious? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Max69xl said:

In this case it's not Sampson's responsibility. But, if I was him,I would pay the fine,get the receipt,and get the money back from the place where he's staying. I did it myself a few years ago because I needed the extension.

A few years ago?  They just started enforcing this rule within this past year. Before nobody cared.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ericthai said:

A few years ago?  They just started enforcing this rule within this past year. Before nobody cared.

Not quite true. Enforcement has always been very variable. Some immigration offices have been enforcing TM30 notifications for longer than you think, though not always for tourists.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Max69xl said:

That's overkill,when it's not his responsibility doing the TM30 in the first place.

In my opinion, if fines are given then it is his responsibility. Wouldn't that be the definition of someone being responsible, a cost if not completed? 

16 hours ago, berybert said:

And what happens if the IO says the 500 baht hotel hasn't logged you on a TM30. "excuse me sir you stayed there one night, where were you before this" 

You will either lie and risk putting yourself in all sorts of trouble or tell the truth and end up with the standard fine and also getting the bungalow owners in trouble.

Therefore doing the one thing you were trying to avoid. 

Ridiculous ! They do not have to ask and know where you stayed before.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kaneko86 said:

This is the only correct way to do.

Soon we will have a list of 500 thb hotels doing the reporting !

• Haha 1

The way the law works now, I would actually report the resort to immigration, There is a hotline number you can call. Tel. 1178  
They are clearly breaking the law, maybe no hotel license. 

Every hotel owner should have been informed about this.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, meand said:

In my opinion, if fines are given then it is his responsibility. Wouldn't that be the definition of someone being responsible, a cost if not completed? 

No,because immigration wants the money the easiest way,but they know who is responsible for doing the report. If you are staying at hotels and licensed guesthouses, you are NEVER responsible. That's a fact.

• Like 1

A friend of a friend did a TM30 for me from his guest house so got the extension done.  Everything was easy and went as it should. 

I've no idea why the hotel don't do TM30's but it's basically an old dear who owns it and her Granddaughter running it, very amateurish and I suspect they either don't know or it's too complicated for them.  I'm not going to run around grassing them up but surely at some point they'll have a problem or two and it was certainly inconvenient but TiT..

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sampson said:

A friend of a friend did a TM30 for me from his guest house so got the extension done.  Everything was easy and went as it should. 

I've no idea why the hotel don't do TM30's but it's basically an old dear who owns it and her Granddaughter running it, very amateurish and I suspect they either don't know or it's too complicated for them.  I'm not going to run around grassing them up but surely at some point they'll have a problem or two and it was certainly inconvenient but TiT..

Maybe it isn't a licensed guesthouse?

6 hours ago, Max69xl said:

No,because immigration wants the money the easiest way,but they know who is responsible for doing the report. If you are staying at hotels and licensed guesthouses, you are NEVER responsible. That's a fact.

If you have to pay a fine because of no tm30 filed, you are effectively responsible. That is the definition of being responsible; party(ies) who has to pay the price if task not performed. 

Edited by meand

6 minutes ago, meand said:

If you have to pay a fine because of no tm30 filed, you are effectively responsible. That is the definition of being responsible; party(ies) who has to pay the price if task not performed. 

True, in a sense, but you cannot blame people being upset when punished for someone else's crime, having committed no offense themselves.