Jump to content
BANGKOK
sampson

Want to extend visa by 30 days but hotel says they don't file TM30's?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Everything is about how far you want to go. Read my earlier post.

Is that the one where you get refund from owner. Good luck with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Is that the one where you get refund from owner. Good luck with that. 

I got my money back when he came back from a business trip. Without any problem what so ever. You seem to have only bad experiences in Thailand. Well, it's not the same for me. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happened to me two years ago when they started with this bulls hit... Went to Jomtien immigration for extension and they told me to pay a fine (I was in a Hotel and never heard of this before). 

So what I did was went to ban Chang, checked in a Hotel and told them to do the TM30, paid and went with their receipt straight to the Rayong immigration (in Ban Chang). Got the extension without any problem and spent the night at the bar street there. Next day I went back to Patts. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kaneko86 said:

Happened to me two years ago when they started with this bulls hit... Went to Jomtien immigration for extension and they told me to pay a fine (I was in a Hotel and never heard of this before). 

So what I did was went to ban Chang, checked in a Hotel and told them to do the TM30, paid and went with their receipt straight to the Rayong immigration (in Ban Chang). Got the extension without any problem and spent the night at the bar street there. Next day I went back to Patts. 

What hotel in Pattaya did you stay at? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, featography said:

REPORT THE RESORT TO IMMIGRATION, then request an extension

i like this solution ... we should do it to all unlicensed 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ifmu said:

i like this solution ... we should do it to all unlicensed 

First of all its not a solution for the OP. Also there are many many situations where reporting tm30 is not straight forward for owner.

Won't list them because too numerous. Folk that type "report the owner"

"Make owner pay fine", "change your condo". List goes on. Serious? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Max69xl said:

In this case it's not Sampson's responsibility. But, if I was him,I would pay the fine,get the receipt,and get the money back from the place where he's staying. I did it myself a few years ago because I needed the extension.

A few years ago?  They just started enforcing this rule within this past year. Before nobody cared.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ericthai said:

A few years ago?  They just started enforcing this rule within this past year. Before nobody cared.

Not quite true. Enforcement has always been very variable. Some immigration offices have been enforcing TM30 notifications for longer than you think, though not always for tourists.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Max69xl said:

That's overkill,when it's not his responsibility doing the TM30 in the first place.

In my opinion, if fines are given then it is his responsibility. Wouldn't that be the definition of someone being responsible, a cost if not completed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, berybert said:

And what happens if the IO says the 500 baht hotel hasn't logged you on a TM30. "excuse me sir you stayed there one night, where were you before this" 

You will either lie and risk putting yourself in all sorts of trouble or tell the truth and end up with the standard fine and also getting the bungalow owners in trouble.

Therefore doing the one thing you were trying to avoid. 

 

 

Ridiculous ! They do not have to ask and know where you stayed before.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kaneko86 said:

Happened to me two years ago when they started with this bulls hit... Went to Jomtien immigration for extension and they told me to pay a fine (I was in a Hotel and never heard of this before). 

So what I did was went to ban Chang, checked in a Hotel and told them to do the TM30, paid and went with their receipt straight to the Rayong immigration (in Ban Chang). Got the extension without any problem and spent the night at the bar street there. Next day I went back to Patts. 

 

This is the only correct way to do.

Soon we will have a list of 500 thb hotels doing the reporting !

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way the law works now, I would actually report the resort to immigration, There is a hotline number you can call. Tel. 1178  
They are clearly breaking the law, maybe no hotel license. 

 

Every hotel owner should have been informed about this.

 

 





 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, meand said:

In my opinion, if fines are given then it is his responsibility. Wouldn't that be the definition of someone being responsible, a cost if not completed? 

No,because immigration wants the money the easiest way,but they know who is responsible for doing the report. If you are staying at hotels and licensed guesthouses, you are NEVER responsible. That's a fact.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of a friend did a TM30 for me from his guest house so got the extension done.  Everything was easy and went as it should. 

 

I've no idea why the hotel don't do TM30's but it's basically an old dear who owns it and her Granddaughter running it, very amateurish and I suspect they either don't know or it's too complicated for them.  I'm not going to run around grassing them up but surely at some point they'll have a problem or two and it was certainly inconvenient but TiT..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, sampson said:

A friend of a friend did a TM30 for me from his guest house so got the extension done.  Everything was easy and went as it should. 

 

I've no idea why the hotel don't do TM30's but it's basically an old dear who owns it and her Granddaughter running it, very amateurish and I suspect they either don't know or it's too complicated for them.  I'm not going to run around grassing them up but surely at some point they'll have a problem or two and it was certainly inconvenient but TiT..

Maybe it isn't a licensed guesthouse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...