Stayed 5 months with Tourist Visa. Will I have a problem?

Stayed 5 months this year with tourist visa. (60 days+30 days extension then re-enter with visa exempt 30 days+30 days extension, total of 5 months)

Now I'm back to USA. But I will enter again next month with Non O visa (son was born last month in bkk)

Will I have problem with immigration in Suvarnabhumi airport? because stayed too long with tourist visa? (previous year I also stayed about 5 months with TR visa)

I've seen some posts here that they got denied because stayed too long with TR visa. I'm worried that they will deny to go see my son!

You shouldn’t have a problem. But it would be a good idea to have a copy of your sons birth certificate in case you’re questioned about the reason for your visit.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, scratchdog said:

Thank you guys. Yes I will bring the copy of the birth certificate just in case!

You did nothing wrong the way you stayed 5 months. You didn't stay to long on your tourist visa because you did the extensions and border run the correct way. Immigration changed the rules for border runs, just to make it possible for tourists to stay longer starting with a 60- days TR Visa.