Thailand tightens the screws on TM30 reporting, petition ongoing

webfact

Unfortunately, concerning China, I think you are right. I have written on this forum a while back about China. China wants control of all the south china sea and any land mass that's in it. As far as they are concerned Mongolia will also be 'reclaimed' one day. They also want Mandarin to be the international language because more people speak Mandarin than any other language...the fact that most of those speakers live in China is shrugged off. Apart from any changes in immigration requirements, the one thing that would make me leave Thailand is if I thought the Chinese army and admin were ready to enter Thailand officially. So I'm keeping my eye on this 'Cambodian/Thai border situation.

Luckily the Chinese provided me a permanent residency visa instantly after 1 week in the country

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, webfact said:

immigration act to “strengthen security” and keep tabs on foreigners whilst in the country.

Yes, I can see me having to report my retirement bottom's whereabouts with my wife and child when I'm out of out house will boost security !

If people sneak in the border do they really think they will report their whereabouts ?

Right. Got it.

Anyone that doesn't agree with you is an apologist or, a troll.

Oh you must be new lol that’s pretty much the whole premise for most of this forum lol [emoji38] if you don’t agree with someone or tell someone they’re wrong then you’re just called a troll or something, it’s actually getting really comical.

21 hours ago, madmen said:

The cowards that won't sign and living in fear grow a pair and just do it. 

Pppttt. Nothing could be more foolish than identifying yourself to a foreign government as a alien trouble-maker meddling in their immigration policies. Especially for an ignorant petition that has zero hope of affecting anything.

Counter-intuitive at best, reckless and hopeless behavior.

Try thinking things through before attempting to throw the naive under the bus.

19 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

I think you are confusing the UK, which does have a very impressive camera surveillance system in place to identify and arrest actual criminal offenders, with Thailand who restricts the movements of law abiding expats living in the Kingdom.  Immigration does this with TM forms, 90 day reporting, and looney financial requirements for foreigners.

The police and immigration in the UK are professional and highly trained, compared to Thailands police and immigration who tend to rise up through their ranks by paying for their positions and are poorly trained.  

I applaud the efforts of those who started this TM30 reporting petition.  I'm always surprised how when pointing out how Thai Immigration goes out of their way to harass law abiding foreigners under the guise of making Thailand safe from foreign criminals, it brings apologists out of the woodwork who attempt to defend immigrations harassment techniques.  

Do you really want to live in a police state?  I would think not. 

They have sold the old Hendon police college to build flats and houses,there is no police on the streets anymore,they are currently recruiting part time police officers????????????I think it’s a 6 week coarse.

the police  in Uk are as corrupt as anywhere else in the world and so is the U.K. government including the U.K. royal family.

the cameras are there mainly to make money by.

crime rates are through the roof in the U.K. ,even if caught it’s a slap on the wrist for the offenders.

man you must live a sheltered life or in a bubble.

21 hours ago, gunderhill said:
21 hours ago, taninthai said:

If you choose to live in an over crowded city that’s what you have to put up with ......that is the reason I left London.....lol

so you had to report in  London did you?

You can just imagine it, It'll be the new requirement, lol, if you want to come back to Thailand after having been once during the same calendar year, you'll have to report your whereabouts while staying in your home country to a Thai consulate or embassy every 90 days and also file a report for any stay over 24 hours outside of your registered residence. UK and US authorities will agree that people who visit Thailand regularly need to be monitored, are a security threat to the rest of the country and so will be cooperating with the Thai government. Anyone who tries to enter Thailand without the requisite receipts and proof of having  done his or her reports will be held in detention at Suvarnabhumi at his or her own expense (300 baht/hour, not including meals or toilet priviledges) and sold a ticket back home at premium prices at Thai Airways convenience. And you'll have the cheerful types on Thaivisa, "Hey, you know reporting my whereabouts  gave me a chance to practice my Thai every 90 days!" "Immigration wouldn't let me in the country, they said their people in New York reported that I'd overstayed at a friend's house by two hours. But, no worries, they said I can come back next year and the detention room beds were clean and comfortable, just like a hotel, so I had a nice two day vacation right there at Suvarnabhumi!" 

With the tm30 you also have to fill out the tm 28.

So foeigner tourist are also involved. They have to fill out the tm 28 just like the other foreginer have to do.

As long as you treat the tm 30 in the petion seperate from the tm 28 the foverment will never make a ruling of the tm 30 and it linked tm 28.

So the pettion has to be more sharpen and point out also the tm 28.

The lack of this pointing out will make that no one inderstand the real problem and that foregienger and tourist foreigners are treated differently

21 hours ago, madmen said:

Mail it in.The 24 hour window is obviously not relevant. I have mailed Tm30 for tenants 10 day's late and never fined

Our of curiosity are these tenants for AirB&B or a hotel you work/own?

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

Not living in fear at all. In 30 years I have never had a single problem with Thai Immigration. Why, therefore, should I sign this pathetic petition ? It is a disaster which will make things more difficult for all of us. You really need to grow up and get out more before making such a childish comment.

100%. Fool's stirring up mindless debris that most likely wouldn't consider signing the dumb petition themselves anyway. 

No good can come from meddling in 3rd world government policies especially as a guest. 

It's really the most ignorant concept imaginable.

Either play by the rules, or go elsewhere that has more favorable rules. 

Signing your name to a public petition that is guaranteed to piss off immigration is a fool's play.

19 minutes ago, starseed said:

So why don,t the landlords just ignore reporting , take your money and wave goodbye next day, simples

Because when you go to immigration without a TM30, the first question immigration asks is "who is the landlord and where does he live"

2 hours ago, Mel52 said:

Oh no the sky is falling if I ever buy a house or move somewhere else around here I might have to do another TM-30 again someday oh no it’s terrible. You know we travel around here all the time in fact we just got home from Chiangmai a few days ago and this has never been a problem even if it was so what it’s just another form to fill out and it’s just one page jeez lol emoji23.png

I was actually just skimming through some of these posts to get a laugh

1 hour ago, Mel52 said:

In 5 years living here this has never been an issue and we just got back from traveling all over the country around Chiangmai a few days ago we were gone for almost a week in multiple provinces and we do travel all over Thailand all the time and it’s not a problem. Even if it does come up it’s just a one page document and they can’t fine you more than 5000 baht maximum if you did make a mistake on reporting your address. I did my TM-30 years ago and it hasn’t come up since. I usually just ignore these topics about the TM-30. Oh well I’ll continue to be sure and not worry about it when we go on our next road trip emoji38.png

You clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about.

You have to report whenever you leave your home for more than 24 hours. They can not only fine you, they will also refuse your visa extensions and other government services like 90 day reporting. Have fun with your ignorance, will for sure work out in LoS.

2 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

Yes.
With this petition there is now no chance for the TM30 to be simplified or deleted.
The authorities would give the impression of giving in to pressure.
As a result, all we are now compelled to applic this rule. 

Precisely.

22 hours ago, taninthai said:

I’m so fed up reading about tm30 on this forum ......I just did mine this morning in and out in 8 minuits ,immigration were happy,smiling,friendly and helpful seriously what is all the fuss about ....moaners will be moaners where ever they are in the world.

no one if forcing you to click on the link on any subject within the forum. Stop whinging...

22 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Try doing it in Bangkok. Spend half the day in immigration on a Monday because you wanted to go away for a weekend. Then come back and tell us how easy it all is. 

Do it online.  My Wife just did my three days ago...........absolutely painless!

28 minutes ago, Autonuaq said:

With the tm30 you also have to fill out the tm 28.

So foeigner tourist are also involved. They have to fill out the tm 28 just like the other foreginer have to do.

As long as you treat the tm 30 in the petion seperate from the tm 28 the foverment will never make a ruling of the tm 30 and it linked tm 28.

So the pettion has to be more sharpen and point out also the tm 28.

The lack of this pointing out will make that no one inderstand the real problem and that foregienger and tourist foreigners are treated differently

Have you read the petition, it talks about TM0 and TM28. Section 37 (TM28) and section 38 (TM30)

There is currently no enforcement or problem for TM28 so no real change is required.

22 hours ago, taninthai said:

If you choose to live in an over crowded city that’s what you have to put up with ......that is the reason I left London.....lol

So basicly , because it doesn't ( up to now ) inconvenience you then you dont give a monkeys about those it does affect.

As a mere tourist im not affected myself but its clearly going to be a big problem for some and therefore I feel empathy , most reasonable people would.

There is no practical reason for TM30 as anybody who wishes to evade it will , a terrorist or master criminal will not be deterred by a piddling fine.

At best its beaurocracy on steroids , at worst its an extension of an unfortunate trend , expats would be daft not to complain.

Archived