Thailand tightens the screws on TM30 reporting, petition ongoing

webfact

1 hour ago, saminoz said:

I've been here, on and off, for over 10 years.  I have never, ever bothered with a TM30 as I normally stay at my house in Nontahburi or the other one in Lampang.

Right now I am working in Myanmar and coming home every couple of months, still using my retirement extension.

This hoopla caused me to register for the online App on Saturday, to which I got a slightly delayed reply and request to confirm my email address.

Yesterday I received the Username and password but, guess what, they don't work!

I'll take my chances when I leave again in 10 days to go back to Yangon.  I can at least show that I tried to do it right and I did register.

How do they manage to get it so wrong most of the time?  It's almost as if it was by design!

Is there a link for doing this on their website too?  Maybe it's my App!

If you travel back & forth between your house in Nontahburi and Lampang, outside of some freak happening, you will never be caught out for not filing a TM30.  Same-same if you are traveling to a friends house who does not file a TM30. That is one of the reasons the law is so stupid; anyone who is motivated to avoid it can, and nogoodniks who have reason to avoid it, will.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about.
You have to report whenever you leave your home for more than 24 hours. They can not only fine you, they will also refuse your visa extensions and other government services like 90 day reporting. Have fun with your ignorance, will for sure work out in LoS.

Oh really within 24 hours huh, wow someone should probably inform my local immigration office of that rule after 5 years of living and traveling around here it’s never been an issue [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] but yeah ok I’ll keep that in mind. This is the kind of posts I was talking about that I just laugh at [emoji23].

7 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

Do it online.  My Wife just did my three days ago...........absolutely painless!

That would entail your wife already being signed up for the online system, signing up currently takes a month to get access.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Do you know there are actually some deluded posters on here who agree with this "silly Law"?

Yes. It is really scary!  If I ever get to be dictator of someplace--unlikely as that might be--I will recruit all these guys and offer them charter memberships in my country. That way I know that I can pass any silly law that I want to, that serves and enriches me and my cronies and imposes witless restrictions on the masses.  And my charter members will always support and rally around me chanting  deep thought slogans such as "The Law is The Law!" and "If I don't like it, I can leave!"  and "I will not winge, whine, moan or complain no matter what!"   And the, when I start turning the thumb screws a bit, they will helpfully chant "Please, sir, can I have another?"

2 hours ago, stevomaui said:

It's becoming obvious that the collar is being tightened slowly but surely. Like a frog in the pot whose flame is at the lowest setting . Asia is being reclaimed by Asians and the western currency backed expats have played out their part . If you want a taste of whats to come look at whats happening in Hong Kong . big brother has come to claim his treasure .  If you don't think China is playing the puppeteer just look at the countries surrounding the Land of Smiles....Laos , Cambodia and Myammar are all being bought out and organized by the Motherland . Go check out Luang Praban . What a travesty !!  What ethnic presence is running Thailand's banks , corporations and major money making endevors ?? Chinese bloodlines .......If you look at the crystal ball of retiring in Thailand try living in Mainland China where everyone is is tracked on CCTV and all actions are recorded and assessed . 10 years max before you have to report what toothpaste you bought ,,,,,,,,,

Less of this ' frog in a pot ' talk please.

5 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

Oh really within 24 hours huh, wow someone should probably inform my local immigration office of that rule after 5 years of living and traveling around here it’s never been an issue emoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.png but yeah ok I’ll keep that in mind. This is the kind of posts I was talking about that I just laugh at emoji23.png.

If you are lucky enough to live in an area where the local office doesn't enforce thats great but keep in mind TM30 was never enforced in Bangkok until recently, it can and does change overnight.

1,00s of Bangkok posters used to pop on TM30 threads telling all it didnt apply to them, now they are the worst effected and  the most vocal critics

If you are lucky enough to live in an area where the local office doesn't enforce thats great but keep in mind TM30 was never enforced in Bangkok until recently, it can and does change overnight.
1,00s of Bangkok posters used to pop on TM30 threads telling all it didnt apply to them, now they are the worst effected and  the most vocal critics

Ok thanks if it comes up again someday at immigration then I guess I’ll just have to fill out that whole one page form again possibly someday. It’s a tough life being retired here LMAO [emoji23].

8 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Less of this ' frog in a pot ' talk please.

I like the "frog in a pot" talk.  It is a apt metaphor, as is "I thought they were only coming for the commies ... until they came for me."

2 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Would one be fined during the waiting time?

I imagine so, I was more pointing out that you cannot just pop online and do a report unless previously registered.

2 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

Ok thanks if it comes up again someday at immigration then I guess I’ll just have to fill out that whole one page form again possibly someday. It’s a tough life being retired here LMAO emoji23.png.

Your faux Stoicism is enviable ... Your apparent lack of concern for others in your community is not.

26 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

So basicly , because it doesn't ( up to now ) inconvenience you then you dont give a monkeys about those it does affect.

As a mere tourist im not affected myself but its clearly going to be a big problem for some and therefore I feel empathy , most reasonable people would.

There is no practical reason for TM30 as anybody who wishes to evade it will , a terrorist or master criminal will not be deterred by a piddling fine.

At best its beaurocracy on steroids , at worst its an extension of an unfortunate trend , expats would be daft not to complain.

See this is my exact point moaners will be moaners ,this is a tourist who isn’t does not even affectbbut they still need to come on the forum and moan about it.

the system is in its early stages once the online system is working fine for everyone it will be as easy to do as opening up your email.

already many many are saying the online system works fine for them as usual ferang cannot be patient.

i don’t feel empathy if people are to dumb to register online or mail it in and would prefer to drive 80 km or spend all day in a busy immigration that’s there own choice.

half the people don’t seem to be able to read on this forum still repeating have to notify within 24/hours

ITS 48 hours if you can’t even grasp that you have no hope of registering online.

i deal with general public everyday and you soon realise a huge percent are completely clueless it makes me wonder how they get through life.

3 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

Ok thanks if it comes up again someday at immigration then I guess I’ll just have to fill out that whole one page form again possibly someday. It’s a tough life being retired here LMAO emoji23.png.

Where it is enforced, its fill in the form every time you travel/return from travel, house documents and owners documents also required. A 2-3 hour exercise at some offices.

22 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Read a couple of reports online of landlords not wanting to rent out to foreigners because of all of this. I can't blame the landlords. I wouldn't want the hassle either. But I think a good way is to highlight every time a foreigner can't rent a place to live because of this rule and landlords not wanting to rent to them. If foreigners find it hard to rent here, that just exposes this silly law even more for what it is and the unnecessary trouble it's causing. 

very true...

3 minutes ago, taninthai said:

don’t feel empathy if people are to dumb to register online or mail it in and would prefer to drive 80 km or spend all day in a busy immigration that’s there own choice.

I'm surprised by the sheer volume of stupid farang in BKK doing this and then crying about it here. As the old saying goes you can't fix stupid !

8 minutes ago, taninthai said:

See this is my exact point moaners will be moaners ,this is a tourist who isn’t does not even affectbbut they still need to come on the forum and moan about it.

the system is in its early stages once the online system is working fine for everyone it will be as easy to do as opening up your email.

already many many are saying the online system works fine for them as usual ferang cannot be patient.

i don’t feel empathy if people are to dumb to register online or mail it in and would prefer to drive 80 km or spend all day in a busy immigration that’s there own choice.

half the people don’t seem to be able to read on this forum still repeating have to notify within 24/hours

ITS 48 hours if you can’t even grasp that you have no hope of registering online.

i deal with general public everyday and you soon realise a huge percent are completely clueless it makes me wonder how they get through life.

Your high opinion of yourself is indeed an inspiration!    .... Not!

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

I'm surprised by the sheer volume of stupid farang in BKK doing this and then crying about it here. As the old saying goes you can't fix stupid !

Immigration are probably thinking the same ..why do they keep coming to the office when we made other option for them...crazy ferang as always..lol

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

For Bangkok people its been spung on them 2-3 weeks ago and it now takes a month plus to get set up to report online, they are not doing by choice or because they are stupid, they are doing it because one day BKK didnt care less about TM30s, the next day they did.

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

For Bangkok people its been spung on them 2-3 weeks ago and it now takes a month plus to get set up to report online, they are not doing by choice or because they are stupid, they are doing it because one day BKK didnt care less about TM30s, the next day they did.

No it hasn’t my mate done his yearly visa in April and it was happening then.

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Disagree . How many times does it need to be said, mail it 

36 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

Oh really within 24 hours huh, wow someone should probably inform my local immigration office of that rule after 5 years of living and traveling around here it’s never been an issue emoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.png but yeah ok I’ll keep that in mind. This is the kind of posts I was talking about that I just laugh at emoji23.png.

It only got enforced nationwide the last weeks...ignorance is blissful. You can laugh all the way you want about others, once again just shows what kind of person you are.

5 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Right, got it.

Because I don't have a problem with the TM30, I have to get out more because I don't have a life.

Hold on a sec.........how are those two things connected? Please enlighten.

If you don't have a problem with it, why do you feel the need to come on here and inform of us of it? Why are you celebrating something that's caused distress to so many others? I've not been affected yet as I don't have to renew my visa until October. When I do, I can look forward to queuing up and paying 800 baht for the pleasure. 

Simply put; don't ask me why I have a problem with it and I won't ask you why you don't. 

23 hours ago, taninthai said:

I’m so fed up reading about tm30 on this forum ......I just did mine this morning in and out in 8 minuits ,immigration were happy,smiling,friendly and helpful seriously what is all the fuss about ....moaners will be moaners where ever they are in the world.

It took almost all day the last time I did it, ~6 hours. In a small province upcountry. And I stay less than 10 minutes from the local immigration office. 

I also travel quite a lit around on my motorbike while Im in Thailand and visit other provinces and places. If I have to spend many hours in the Immigration office after every trip outside my base province - it would add up....

Archived