Thailand tightens the screws on TM30 reporting, petition ongoing

webfact

On 8/13/2019 at 4:47 PM, taninthai said:

No but I have to buy a license to watch tv or have a dog or go fishing ,have to fill in a census form every now and the have to pay extortionate council tax every month ....now that’s stuff to moan about.

you didn’t answer my question so you travel and return 3 times every week?..

Thailand also has a regular census of foreigners called TM30, no fish in the rivers, worst TV in the world stray rabid dogs everywhere and many places have no regular rubbish collection. That's why UK is called a 'first world' country.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Go back and re-read the post I've edited. What remains is valid for you.

What's so ironic about that?

I don't find anything ironic in people commenting on Immigration changes in Thailand from outside of Thailand.

18 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I imagine so, I was more pointing out that you cannot just pop online and do a report unless previously registered.

i registered but the log in and password they sent doesn't work.

What a crock of sh1t

1 minute ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Online reporting. My immigration office only want a TM30 when coming back from abroad, though, I wouldn't have a problem with reporting if I have been out of province. Why? Because I can do it online. If for some reason I can't do it online, then a 20 minute ride to the immigration office and three minutes at the drive-thru with just my passport and previous TM30 slip and it's done.

You want to complain about something? Complain about the new seasoning requirement for the 800k to get the extension for retirement.

Okay, so you have a username and password. Many of us in Bangkok don't. We are still waiting. I've been waiting for over three weeks now. Some have been waiting much longer. 

Again, you live a 20-minute ride to immigration. For me it's at least 45 minutes, and guess what? I have a job. I have things do during working hours. So that's at least an hour and a half just to get there and back. And god knows how long to queue with hundreds of others. For what? To tell them that I stayed a night in Hua Hin and I'm now back to my condo which I'm officially registered as living in? Oh, and every 90 days I have to confirm I'm still living there, anyway.

We are not all in the same boat as you. If the TM30 isn't a problem for you, be happy and safe in that knowledge and get on with your life. You don't need to worry. But for many of us, it's not that simple. We all have our own situation. The whole TM30 issue isn't about what's easy or difficult for you.

1 minute ago, saminoz said:

i registered but the log in and password they sent doesn't work.

What a crock of sh1t

From memory, the 1st password is for one login and you are then prompted to change it, maybe that dialog was blocked by a pop-up blocker.

Most reports are problems getting the password, no reports of PW not working.

4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Okay, so you have a username and password. Many of us in Bangkok don't. We are still waiting. I've been waiting for over three weeks now. Some have been waiting much longer. 

Again, you live a 20-minute ride to immigration. For me it's at least 45 minutes, and guess what? I have a job. I have things do during working hours. So that's at least an hour and a half just to get there and back. And god knows how long to queue with hundreds of others. For what? To tell them that I stayed a night in Hua Hin and I'm now back to my condo which I'm officially registered as living in? Oh, and every 90 days I have to confirm I'm still living there, anyway.

We are not all in the same boat as you. If the TM30 isn't a problem for you, be happy and safe in that knowledge and get on with your life. You don't need to worry. But for many of us, it's not that simple. We all have our own situation. The whole TM30 issue isn't about what's easy or difficult for you.

So, the actual problem isn't the TM30 per se, but, the inefficiencies of your local immigration office.

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

From memory, the 1st password is for one login and you are then prompted to change it, maybe that dialog was blocked by a pop-up blocker.

Most reports are problems getting the password, no reports of PW not working.

Thanks Peterw42.

I got a mail with a new username (as opposed to the email I used) and a password. Neither of them work, at least so far but I have only tried from the mobile app (Android).

Anyone know of a weblink that can be used instead?

55 minutes ago, fullcave said:

So why are you complaining? 

Yeah, right! You got me there. Guess I am just so tired to hear and read about all people coming to Thailand and just have a negative attitude to everything. More surprising, later they pose a question about how they should be able to come back to Thailand without denied entry after 3 tourist visas and 2 exempt entry and extension on that. 

It´s really baffling that all those people love Thailand so much and still want to come. They doing all they can to be able to stay by any means possible, so they can collect another bunch of complaints before next question about another exempt entry comes up in the forum.

After that you have people stating that they are staying in Thailand and don´t give a thought to filing TM30. After that they ingage in a discussion why they fine everybody in CW Immigration before they can apply for an extension.

Yeah, I could og on forever,but I do belive you got my drift. However, that would also be even more complaining from my side. :cheesy: As I said you´re right. You got me, and also mede me understand why all others complain too. I guess we have to agree to continue complain together.

Just now, Joe Mcseismic said:

So, the actual problem isn't the TM30 per se, but, the inefficiencies of your local immigration office.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Doesn't matter how inefficient my immigration is. The TM30 is still a dumb and regressive idea and process.

We don't all live in the same place. Most of us actually live in Bangkok. Try broadening your mind and understanding that. 

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

We don't all live in the same place. Most of us actually live in Bangkok. Try broadening your mind and understanding that. 

That's right. Plus a relatively efficient local immigration office. That's why I don't have a problem. Try broadening your mind and understand that.

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yeah, right! You got me there. Guess I am just so tired to hear and read about all people coming to Thailand and just have a negative attitude to everything. More surprising, later they pose a question about how they should be able to come back to Thailand without denied entry after 3 tourist visas and 2 exempt entry and extension on that. 

It´s really baffling that all those people love Thailand so much and still want to come. They doing all they can to be able to stay by any means possible, so they can collect another bunch of complaints before next question about another exempt entry comes up in the forum.

After that you have people stating that they are staying in Thailand and don´t give a thought to filing TM30. After that they ingage in a discussion why they fine everybody in CW Immigration before they can apply for an extension.

Yeah, I could og on forever,but I do belive you got my drift. However, that would also be even more complaining from my side. :cheesy: As I said you´re right. You got me, and also mede me understand why all others complain too. I guess we have to agree to continue complain together.

Then go and criticize users on a thread called 'Let's have negative attitudes towards everything in Thailand'. Then you'd have a point.

This thread is specifically about the TM30. 

11 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

It's all "positive" man, this TM30. We're just being negative, you see.

People have been waiting for this since 1979.

They say it's for our own security and the security of our residence. We have to believe that.

Anyway, it's so easy to report. One two three. ????

This sort of thing does not deserve anything less but mocking.

1 minute ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

That's right. Plus a relatively efficient local immigration office. That's why I don't have a problem. Try broadening your mind and understand that.

Well done for not having a problem. But we are not all the same as you. We don't need to hear again and again how it's not a problem for you. You're not helping or adding anything for anyone who is having problems. Just exacerbating the situation for others. 

If you're still that way inclined, go outside and tell some homeless people that you have a roof over your head. Tell them not to worry. 

Just now, rkidlad said:

Well done for not having a problem. But we are not all the same as you. We don't need to hear again and again how it's not a problem for you. You're not helping or adding anything for anyone who is having problems. Just exacerbating the situation for others. 

If you're still that way inclined, go outside and tell some homeless people that you have a roof over your head. Tell them not to worry. 

We are not all the same as you. We don't need to hear again and again how it's a problem for you. You're not helping or adding anything for anyone who isn't having problems. Just exacerbating the situation for others. 

6 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Then go and criticize users on a thread called 'Let's have negative attitudes towards everything in Thailand'. Then you'd have a point.

Ok, back to topic. What I did was answer a question from another poster. I guess that´s allowed. Maybe I should ask if it´s also allowed by your standards.

However. Like I said. Stop complaining about how hard everything is with TM30. You just have to do what they ask for if you want to continue to stay without any problems. Enough many epople protesting or do not comply with the rules for TM30, they are probably going to make a more harsh punishment. It´s that what you want to achieve?

Everybody that wants to stay in Thailand has to follow the rules and do the TM30. If different offices have different opinions and procedures for how it need to be done and when, so what? Ask how they want it done at the local immigration office them. No problem.

3 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

We are not all the same as you. We don't need to hear again and again how it's a problem for you. You're not helping or adding anything for anyone who isn't having problems. Just exacerbating the situation for others. 

Right, me telling others who are having problems that I have the same problems too is exacerbating things. People with problems always wanna hear from people with no problems, right? 

Go and start your own thread for people who aren't having problems. For the rest of us who are, this thread is about the problems the TM30 is causing. 

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

Right, me telling others who are having problems that I have the same problems too is exacerbating things. People with problems always wanna hear from people with no problems, right? 

Go and start your own thread for people who aren't having problems. For the rest of us who are, this thread is about the problems the TM30 is causing. 

Why? I like posting on this thread. When you become a moderator, then, get back to me.

8 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Ok, back to topic. What I did was answer a question from another poster. I guess that´s allowed. Maybe I should ask if it´s also allowed by your standards.

However. Like I said. Stop complaining about how hard everything is with TM30. You just have to do what they ask for if you want to continue to stay without any problems. Enough many epople protesting or do not comply with the rules for TM30, they are probably going to make a more harsh punishment. It´s that what you want to achieve?

Everybody that wants to stay in Thailand has to follow the rules and do the TM30. If different offices have different opinions and procedures for how it need to be done and when, so what? Ask how they want it done at the local immigration office them. No problem.

It's kind of hard to follow the rules when they keep changing. Even harder to follow the rules when you have a full-time job, and the username and password they said they'd issue you with within 7 working days, still hasn't been issued over 3 weeks later. 

But thanks. I feel so much better knowing that someone else doesn't find it difficult to do. Now everything is magically okay for me. 

13 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:
14 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

But that doesn't make me come on here and lecture others, when they may live in provinces or have circumstances where the process is much more difficult.

Only three minutes at the drive-thru at Phuket immigration.

You're being ironic, right?

20 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

We don't need to hear again and again how it's a problem for you.

7 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Why? I like posting on this thread. When you become a moderator, then, get back to me.

You like posting your positive stories but don't need/like to hear other people's negative stories.

That's not how a forum works, I'm afraid.

Just now, lamyai3 said:

You're being ironic, right?

No, not at all. At this time of year, most often than not, there is no one waiting at the drive-thru. You just pull up, a window slides open and a hand comes out. You just say 90 day report, or, TM30 and hand over your passport. The window closes and three minutes later, the window opens and your passport is handed back.

Whoever thought of this idea was a genius.

2 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

You sure I'm the one getting "bent out of shape"? It's not me that has the problem, remember?

Yes, you seem to bask in the fact you don't have a problem with the TM30. You can see how that might annoy others who do, right? 

Archived