Thailand tightens the screws on TM30 reporting, petition ongoing

webfact

4 minutes ago, lkv said:

You like posting your positive stories but don't need/like to hear other people's negative stories.

That's not how a forum works, I'm afraid.

You like posting your negative stories but don't need/like to hear other people's positive stories.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, rkidlad said:

Yes, you seem to bask in the fact you don't have a problem with the TM30. You can see how that might annoy others who do, right? 

I leave basking to sharks and beach goers.

If people get annoyed, what's that to me? I'll have my say which I'm entitled to.

9 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:
5 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

You like posting your negative stories but don't need/like to hear other people's positive stories.

Do not put words in my mouth again.

You said you don't like hearing other people's negative stories.

I love to hear your positive stories. Then i can tear them apart using common sense.

7 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Yes, I often post on forums, for example, where people find things are becoming more expensive and bills harder to pay. I tell them I have a good job and I don't see these prices as a problem. They seem to not respond well to my positive comments. I wonder why? 

48 minutes ago, saminoz said:

Thanks Peterw42.

I got a mail with a new username (as opposed to the email I used) and a password. Neither of them work, at least so far but I have only tried from the mobile app (Android).

Anyone know of a weblink that can be used instead?

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

1 minute ago, lkv said:

Do not put words in my mouth again.

You said you don't like hearing other people's stories.

I love to hear your positive stories. Then i can tear them apart using common sense.

Didn't put words into your mouth. They were my words adapted from your words. You obviously don't like what I say, otherwise why would you quote and answer every post of mine?

Tear them apart? Thanks for the laugh.

Just now, Joe Mcseismic said:

You obviously don't like what I say, otherwise why would you quote and answer every post of mine?

No, when you quote my post and twist it as if I said something that I didn't, and then you apologise, then you keep doing it. 

I would strongly advise you to stop doing that.

Thank you.

Just now, Joe Mcseismic said:

Riiiiight. So, if I don't agree, I have no empathy.

And what is it that you don't actually agree with? We've already established that the TM30 is not hard for you but it is harder for others. 

What is your point now? That you have the right to keep reminding everyone it's not hard for you? 

19 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

It's kind of hard to follow the rules when they keep changing. Even harder to follow the rules when you have a full-time job, and the username and password they said they'd issue you with within 7 working days, still hasn't been issued over 3 weeks later. 

But thanks. I feel so much better knowing that someone else doesn't find it difficult to do. Now everything is magically okay for me. 

Don't hold your breath.

The username/password they sent doesn't work (at least for me) and after trying all combinations and variations, I tried the forgotten password link on the mobile App.  That tells me that the email that i am using is not valid, despite my having received the confirmation and finally the username/password to that very same email!

I tried to log in through the web address (https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/) and I can log in there using the same email but still get nowhere!

Trying the forgotten password link there simply tells me that I am succesful but does not send a link or anything useful, it just goes back to the log in page in an endless loop.

<deleted>, as usual.

Just now, saminoz said:

Don't hold your breath.

The username/password they sent doesn't work (at least for me) and after trying all combinations and variations, I tried the forgotten password link on the mobile App.  That tells me that the email that i am using is not valid, despite my having received the confirmation and finally the username/password to that very same email!

I tried to log in through the web address (https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/) and I can log in there using the same email but still get nowhere!

Trying the forgotten password link there simply tells me that I am succesful but does not send a link or anything useful, it just goes back to the log in page in an endless loop.

<deleted>, as usual.

Would it make you feel any better if I told you some people have successfully got their usernames and passwords? Would it magically make your situation go away? 

Well, I'm still waiting for my username and password. I hope I don't have to deal with having an invalid email if I eventually do get my username and password sent to me. By any chance, did you use a hotmail account? 

2 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Would it make you feel any better if I told you some people have successfully got their usernames and passwords? Would it magically make your situation go away? 

Well, I'm still waiting for my username and password. I hope I don't have to deal with having an invalid email if I eventually do get my username and password sent to me. By any chance, did you use a hotmail account? 

Me too, 2 months now, when i call in English they hang up. 

Tardddss

20 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I got my username and password within 5 days of registering!  I was amazed.

I have been dickering around with this for three hours on my PC now and, finally, managed to get to the change password page.

Having changed password (and being told by the system that my pasword change was "successfully") I tried logging in again.  No joy.  Tried again after 10 minutes.  No joy.

After 15 minutes, I actually logged in on the web browser!  I am now imagining that all of the Immigration department databases are being run on Sinclair Spectrums though dial-up connections!

My Thai is absolutely shiite but it looks to me as though the registration is really geared to hotel owners, not individuals and there seems to be a lot of info to fill in, as well as a TM30 that you seem to have to upload!  Now, why have an online system with all the forms and fields and still have to fill in an excel version of the TM30 and upload it/!  Weird.

Then came the questions about the visa type and number (I am on a one-year extension based on Retirement, like a large number of folks on here) but that was none too obvious either.  Next is the port of entry (I fly in and out of Don Mueang every two months from Yangon), couldn't find Don Mueang in the list of ports of entry either.

It may well be me (it most likely is) but it looks a bit of a shambles and is not user friendly and, before any of you assume that I am an old fart who doesn't understand these new fangled computers, I work in the Internet industry with a focus on the internet of things, so I am not that far removed!

It's a major pain in the arse and it's beginning to make the trip to the Immigration Offcie look more appealing, or maybe that's the point?

49 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

And what is it that you don't actually agree with? We've already established that the TM30 is not hard for you but it is harder for others. 

What is your point now? That you have the right to keep reminding everyone it's not hard for you? 

My question is .....is it really harder for others .......or have they not really tried the other options and just like making there own life difficult.

when I suggest other options you just get negative and off topic replies.

12 minutes ago, taninthai said:

My question is .....is it really harder for others .......or have they not really tried the other options and just like making there own life difficult.

when I suggest other options you just get negative and off topic replies.

Yes, it is harder for others. When immigration don't send you the password and username you requested for something they want, it means you have to go in person. Go to CW and there are hundreds of people doing their TM30 forms.

Do you think because John Doe decides to go to Pattaya for a night or two, he should have to physically go immigration in CW, pay for taxis, take time off work and generally be inconvenienced because he wanted to spend some time and money in another province for a couple of nights? Do you really think that's okay? 

4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

You didn't answer my question - do you think it's okay? 

I don’t agree with the system but it’s something that’s got to be done..ok

i have set up company have to pay tax for 4 Thais that I don’t really need cost me 10,000 bht a month for tax and accounting , I don’t think that’s ok but if I want to live and work here I have to do it.

i don’t spend all day on the forum moaning about it.

29 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Seems to me, everyone has three choices:-

1. Comply with the rules for TM30.

2. Don't bother with it at all and just pay the fines as and when they come up.

3. Go live in another country.

All else is just purposeless, pointless venting.

Good summary. I think the most popular option is 2, that's what Thai housemasters are going to do anyway.

28 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Seems to me, everyone has three choices:-

1. Comply with the rules for TM30.

2. Don't bother with it at all and just pay the fines as and when they come up.

3. Go live in another country.

All else is just purposeless, pointless venting.

I believe the TM Petition has been growing, and apparently attracting the attention of international news agencies and travel magazines.  This petition shines a light on Thai Immigrations growing restrictions being placed on foreigners living in Thailand.  

It appears this petition isn't "pointless venting" as you suggested.  If nothing else, it will serve as a warning to westerners to avoid retiring or starting a business in Thailand.   

2 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

I believe the TM Petition has been growing, and apparently attracting the attention of international news agencies and travel magazines.  This petition shines a light on Thai Immigrations growing restrictions being placed on foreigners living in Thailand.  

It appears this petition isn't "pointless venting" as you suggested.  If nothing else, it will serve as a warning to westerners to avoid retiring or starting a business in Thailand.   

Yes it is. Immigration have already made their position plain. In fact it's got worse as they have now said that inter-province travelling will also require a TM30, whereas before, many immigration offices were saying only foreign travel required a TM30.

11 minutes ago, taninthai said:

You know since post number 4 he has been jumping on every post pushing negative and hypothetical situations into it....

i bet my my bottom dollar he doesn’t even ever leave his province just like sit Around moaning all day ,,,he has already admitted that’s what humans(he) does

feel sorry for his wife and friends

I work travel around outside of Thailand for work, too. We don't all have time to sit around. Some of us have full-time jobs and more important responsibilities. 

31 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

The warnings have been aired for years if not decades though. The power of totty is so mighty farangs chose to ignore them.

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

Feelings are more important than facts. 

That's Thailand in a nutshell. And the reason why nothing ever gets done properly.

My view is, you need to have your head firmly in the sand to enjoy it here, just don't be surprised when somebody shoves a tree up the chimney while you were busy ignoring the environment you're in.

I'll top that off with the classic "if you don't like it, go back where you came from". Up to you, or yours, welcome to Thailaan and remember to do TM6,28,30 within 24 hours.

If immigration wants/ needs to know where I reside and when, it is their country and their law.

But it is for me impossible to comply. Typical week for me

- Saturday/ Sunday at my condo Bangkok

- Monday Vietnam back Tuesday

- Wednesday Phuket back Friday.

Online system doesn’t work..

Condo is on the name of my wife (married in Thailand) so she has to report TM30 although legally we own property 50/50?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

It's kind of hard to follow the rules when they keep changing. Even harder to follow the rules when you have a full-time job, and the username and password they said they'd issue you with within 7 working days, still hasn't been issued over 3 weeks later.

Maybe that tells you that you have to file TM30 in person then, and not with an application that obviously doesn´t work. You do know that they are offering that app as a service, and not under any obligation. I am sure they are going to work out everything so it works online in the near future. However, if there is no obligation to offer an app, then there is nothing to complain about, right?

Everybody that has a full time job, can solve that easy. I am 100% sure that their local Immigration office would accept them to file the TM30 after work the same day, with no fine if it were over 24 hours. The big problem is that nobody informs and tell their Immigration office. It´s much more easy to ask the questions and complain on Thai Visa. That´s pure stupidity in it´s finest version. What is wrong? Are there so many people afraid of speaking to the officer in their Immigration office?

(Oooh! Forgot, if the office is closed after work, then I gues you will just have to work out a plan with your boss then, or take it at an extended lunch. Everything can get fixed is people really want to, instead of complaining all the time)

But thanks. I feel so much better knowing that someone else doesn't find it difficult to do. Now everything is magically okay for me. 

Happy to hear that. Above didn´t come to terms with your sarcastic happiness or your version of a virtual and magically okey. The only thing it comes to terms with, is that you and many other foreigners living in Thailand make things more complicated than it need to be, by not having the guts to update themself by speaking to an officer at their local office. Time to grow some balls!

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Maybe that tells you that you have to file TM30 in person then, and not with an application that obviously doesn´t work. You do know that they are offering that app as a service, and not under any obligation. I am sure they are going to work out everything so it works online in the near future. However, if there is no obligation to offer an app, then there is nothing to complain about, right?

Everybody that has a full time job, can solve that easy. I am 100% sure that their local Immigration office would accept them to file the TM30 after work the same day, with no fine if it were over 24 hours. The big problem is that nobody informs and tell their Immigration office. It´s much more easy to ask the questions and complain on Thai Visa. That´s pure stupidity in it´s finest version. What is wrong? Are there so many people afraid of speaking to the officer in their Immigration office?

Happy to hear that. Above didn´t come to terms with your sarcastic happiness or your version of a virtual and magically okey. The only thing it comes to terms with, is that you and many other foreigners living in Thailand make things more complicated than it need to be, by not having the guts to update themself by speaking to an officer at their local office. Time to grow some balls!

Again, I don't have time for that. I'll do it when I have to renew. It's not that difficult a concept to understand. Some people have other things to do. Which is the whole point. 

10 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

The only thing it comes to terms with, is that you and many other foreigners living in Thailand make things more complicated than it need to be, by not having the guts to update themself by speaking to an officer at their local office. Time to grow some balls!

Update themselves? You mean get the latest status, which may change any second? 

I'd just stay steel up and think of the queen while being reamed at the immi office. Or buy elite and do your best to avoid them completely.

18 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

(Oooh! Forgot, if the office is closed after work, then I gues you will just have to work out a plan with your boss then, or take it at an extended lunch. Everything can get fixed is people really want to, instead of complaining all the time)

Yea, just rock up the two-man TM30 counter, with your big balls, and with hundreds of people queuing, and tell them, "I have some questions and I want some damn answers!" 

They'll love you for it. 

Archived