Thailand tightens the screws on TM30 reporting, petition ongoing

webfact

23 hours ago, taninthai said:

See this is my exact point moaners will be moaners ,this is a tourist who isn’t does not even affectbbut they still need to come on the forum and moan about it.

the system is in its early stages once the online system is working fine for everyone it will be as easy to do as opening up your email.

already many many are saying the online system works fine for them as usual ferang cannot be patient.

i don’t feel empathy if people are to dumb to register online or mail it in and would prefer to drive 80 km or spend all day in a busy immigration that’s there own choice.

half the people don’t seem to be able to read on this forum still repeating have to notify within 24/hours

ITS 48 hours if you can’t even grasp that you have no hope of registering online.

i deal with general public everyday and you soon realise a huge percent are completely clueless it makes me wonder how they get through life.

1267683988_TM30dissected.jpg.100e1837510

You have posted multiple posts, denigrating others and how other people are wrong, that "it,s 48 hours not 24."

It,s 24.  

You are confusing your TMs. 

Edit, just read your following post

"half the people don’t seem to be able to read on this forum still repeating have to notify within 24/hours

ITS 48 hours if you can’t even grasp that you have no hope of registering online.

i deal with general public everyday and you soon realise a huge percent are completely clueless it makes mewonder how they get through life."

YOU?? You deal with the general public?

I sincerely hope not as a job!

I guess you mean the public outside your front door

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, bigginhill said:

1267683988_TM30dissected.jpg.100e1837510

You have posted multiple posts, denigrating others and how other people are wrong, that "it,s 48 hours not 24."

It,s 24.  

You are confusing your TMs. 

Edit, just read your following post

"half the people don’t seem to be able to read on this forum still repeating have to notify within 24/hours

i deal with general public everyday and you soon realise a huge percent are completely clueless it makes mewonder how they get through life."

YOU?? You deal with the general public?

I sincerely hope not as a job!

I guess you mean the public outside your front door

If I’m wrong I’m wrong no big deal I’m not claiming to be an expert,I came in the country Thursday aug 8th and done my tm30 tuesday 13th no fine for me wasn’t even mentioned about time frame as said my immigration friendly and helpful,,,so that is showing a bit of leniency by immigration.....was basing 48 hours on the silly picture...lol

2D833C75-7CAE-4F24-B2D6-8AAE9B4C306E.jpeg

44 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yea, just rock up the two-man TM30 counter, with your big balls, and with hundreds of people queuing, and tell them, "I have some questions and I want some damn answers!" 

They'll love you for it. 

No not if I have that approach. Now I understand why you see all as problems. The lack of a polite way when asking and knowing how to ask as well as the right time to ask if purely baffling. 

6 minutes ago, taninthai said:

If I’m wrong I’m wrong no big deal I’m not claiming to be an expert,I came in the country Thursday aug 8th and done my tm30 tuesday 13th no fine for me wasn’t even mentioned about time frame as said my immigration friendly and helpful,,,so that is showing a bit of leniency by immigration.....was basing 48 hours on the silly picture...lol

2D833C75-7CAE-4F24-B2D6-8AAE9B4C306E.jpeg

",I came in the country Thursday aug 8th and done my tm30 tuesday 13th"     

Of course aug 8th to august 13th,...... That was your 48hours you had in mind?

"i deal with general public everyday and you soon realise a huge percentare completely clueless it makesmewonder how they get throughlife."

4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

No not if I have that approach. Now I understand why you see all as problems. The lack of a polite way when asking and knowing how to ask as well as the right time to ask if purely baffling. 

I believe someone posted just yesterday that they went to do their marriage extension at CW. They did ask about the TM30. They were told they only needed to do it once for when they re-enter Thailand. They thought great, but then thought to ask, "What if I want to travel around to another province?". To which they were told there's no problem, you can do that online. Again, not everyone can do it online. Most people, like myself, will wait until they do their extension and kill two birds with one stone. 

You can keep reiterating how easy it is to do, but in reality, that isn't true. 

22 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I believe someone posted just yesterday that they went to do their marriage extension at CW. They did ask about the TM30. They were told they only needed to do it once for when they re-enter Thailand. They thought great, but then thought to ask, "What if I want to travel around to another province?". To which they were told there's no problem, you can do that online. Again, not everyone can do it online. Most people, like myself, will wait until they do their extension and kill two birds with one stone. 

From my experience, when you talk to Thai's or at least, when my wife does about these loops to go through, often Thai's ask, 'Why stay here' or something similar to that.

I for one agree it's a hassle. It clearly is. Secondly, let's not be naive about this; "they" don't want us here.

Just because it's not a hassle for a few doesn't mean it's not for most..

2 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

From my experience, when you talk to Thai's or at least, when my wife does about these loops to go through, often Thai's ask, 'Why stay here' or something similar to that. 

I for one agree it's a hassle. It clearly is. Secondly, let's not be naive about this; "they" don't want us here. Just because it's not a hassle for a few doesn't mean it's not for most..

"if you don't like it here, go back to where you came from" is the most common response I've heard all over the world in response to even the mildest commentary - not even criticism - from newcomers. To suggest that somehow the Thais are unique in that respect or that it represents a new groundswell of anti-westerner feeling betrays a lack of experience of life as it is lived worldwide

16 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

"if you don't like it here, go back to where you came from" is the most common response I've heard all over the world in response to even the mildest commentary - not even criticism - from newcomers. To suggest that somehow the Thais are unique in that respect or that it represents a new groundswell of anti-westerner feeling betrays a lack of experience of life as it is lived worldwide

Well then, world traveler, with such use of characterizations, I would hope you can see, that your point is lackluster as it's implications were never intended. "To suggest that somehow the Thai's are unique.." Where did I do a comparison? 

"...new groundswell of anti-westerner feeling" I guess I'm not...credulous. Disagree with you as well. Have you read through these threads?

On 8/13/2019 at 3:32 PM, taninthai said:

I’m so fed up reading about tm30 on this forum ......I just did mine this morning in and out in 8 minuits ,immigration were happy,smiling,friendly and helpful seriously what is all the fuss about ....moaners will be moaners where ever they are in the world.

Because some people work on weekdays so cannot go to immigration at 8am!  Landlords who apply online have been told  they have to wait at least 5 weeks till they get a username and password.  So that means that if I go to Ayuthaya for a night I have to take Monday morning off work to go tell immigration.  Perhaps that is why some people are 'moaning' ?

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

They are not handing out usernames for five weeks!

3 hours ago, taninthai said:

You find them type of people generally live a sad and unhappy life,,,,and anyone that doesn’t agree with them is a Thai apologist. Or is wearing rose tinted glasses.....life is to short make your decisions according to whatever suits you best and get out there and live your life.

i shall be getting on my bike riding 500 km in the next few weeks and doing 5 days fishing,,,yes I will need to do tm30 again ,,so what...the app might be working on my phone by then,,,if it’s not oh dear I will have to gomimmigration again ,,,big deal I more looking forwa d toncatching big fish .

and if the app is not working on my phone while I’m at immigration I will ask them about my username and password.

ah life is so difficult

Lucky you to be able to go and do all those things. I applied for the app and have been told I have to wait till end of Sept/beg of Oct for my username.  However, those who work five days a week and cannot go up and down to CW every MOnday if I go away for a weekend.  Life is more difficult for some.  

One possible change would be to stipulate that clause 4 reporting only kicks in after 72 hours away from home, rather than 24 hours. It would allow thousands of expatriates who are long-stay or retirees to visit other provinces for up to three days without triggering a clause 4 reporting hassle.” Good suggestion that probably is more plausible than trying to petition for elimination of the TM 30 altogether, which Immigration authorities currently are focused on enforcing. I would support a petition to do the above for starters!!!

This topic seems to be making alot of noise and for daroadrunner to state it took 8 minutes is a childish lie, as at CW its takes longer than that to find a place to park - I just don't bother with this communist rule and never have bothered with it.... the online option is the biggest software failure offering joke ever.... grow up Thailand its 2020 nearly and your still 100 years behind and hold near 'lord of the rings' rules such as Lèse majesté - crazy!

1 hour ago, Solinvictus said:

I for one agree it's a hassle. It clearly is. Secondly, let's not be naive about this; "they" don't want us here.

You are probably perfectly right. One would assume that they do not want people that can´t accept they do not decide themselfs how to do things when living in a foreign country. Just because we have so many of those, all the rest that can accept the culture, way of living and how things work will have to face harsher rules and regulations.

Thanks!

In theory, it would be better for the persons involved, to have an app not based on the single residence as if you go to a thai persons home they have to be involved in all the reporting saga.

An app where each person logs in and uses using their google location. Like a mega whatsapp that locates you too. Maybe write the condo room number. 

Actually whatsapp does a location...... Can we suggest we send them a whatsapp? ????

10 hours ago, rkidlad said:

How long does it take?

That wasn't really the meaning of my question, I was making the point that once registered, it only takes 2 minutes to make a report and I wondered how that could be regarded as 'hassle'.

12 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

That wasn't really the meaning of my question, I was making the point that once registered, it only takes 2 minutes to make a report and I wondered how that could be regarded as 'hassle'.

It’s a hassle because many people are still waiting to be registered. They’re not concerned about how it only takes you two minutes. 

1 hour ago, Solinvictus said:

I hate to say 'I told you so' but I warned about this on TV last year and was poo poo'ed - now everyone's complaining.

For me, the only 'hassle' was when I had to report manually - a 200km round trip. If the online registration process is slow now then that may well be hassle - hopefully they will sort that out. My point is that once registered, 2 minutes of your time is hardly 'hassle'.

30 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

What is your point? Non permanent residents/long stayers may well be more affected by TM30 than those who live in Thailand.  It depends on how many times you enter the country.

Isn't it obvious? No.....obviously not to you. Though, I'll give you a hint. It's nothing to do with frequency of how many times a person enters the country.

10 hours ago, rkidlad said:

As a landlord of a foreign tenant, would you want the worry that your tenant might move around the country without telling you?

I don't think you are understanding the process - once a landlord registers a tenant as 'in residence', he has completed his responsibility. If the tenant goes on a trip, they should register TM28.

However, I do undestand your general meaning and it does then throw up the question of who should be (not who is) responsible for registering.  In another thread, I suggested that the whole registration system could be made simpler. What I was saying there was that if, as it seems, the Thai authorities insist on keeping tabs on foreigners, they could make it far easier for everyone (inc themselves) if they got rid of TM28/30/47 but creating one simple registration process that covered all those requirements and was the responsibility of the foreigner. Make the application work - 2 minute registration, job done.

For now, I do register online each time I arrive in the country and if I stay elsewhere, I register again as soon as I return to my (Thai) home, I don't find it hassle.  However, I don't fully comply - when I stay at my girlfriend's house I don't. Technically, she should register for TM30 and then report me as staying each time I do - that, I do call hassle, well actually I call it bloody ridiculous that to fully comply with the law, someone has to visit immigration and register for TM30 just because someone stays at their house.

Once again though, if the system was as I suggest above, all that would be gone - with an application as I have suggested, a foreigner could simply report where they are, each time they move.

Because some people work on weekdays so cannot go to immigration at 8am!  Landlords who apply online have been told  they have to wait at least 5 weeks till they get a username and password.  So that means that if I go to Ayuthaya for a night I have to take Monday morning off work to go tell immigration.  Perhaps that is why some people are 'moaning' ?
Exactly. Not to mention that in Bangkok, Immigration can be well over an hour away, and processing a TM30 can take hours.

Doing it by post is preferable. But if you have to do regular reports, it can mean having a number of reports in the system at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, peter14 said:

Safe face only.  why they can;t implement   THAI ID card for ferang with chip  like they do in Phil.  they would not be any issue..  Paper paper paper make tourist life miserable.   

You mean a card that could be put into any ATM and reports your whereabouts and prints a receipt?

Do not worry, there will nothing change, it is what it is.  No official THAI will ever listen to a not so well loved foreigner (even if there should be more than 10000), he might loose his face. It is a basic problem of the official society in Thailand....they are superioir!!!! they cannot discuss , they order and thats it!!!! The richer and higher up (BIG BOSS as my girlfriend uses to say) has to be followed (own thinking not allowed)

7 hours ago, siamsev said:

This one is for those being okay with more bureaucratic paperwork in this thread! *Sit boy..sit*

Todays society im okay screw the poor.jpg

11 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Isn't it obvious? No.....obviously not to you. Though, I'll give you a hint. It's nothing to do with frequency of how many times a person enters the country.

No its not obvious but strangely, I can't find any of the posts either I or you are refering to. I don't know why that would be as there certainly wasn't any 'bickering' going on. I asked a question - what's your point? That question may have been aimed at you if you wrote the post I was quoting but equally it may refer to anyone else - you may have taken it upon yourself to answer as some do. I really don't know due to the posts having been removed.

I seem to remember the post seemed to be alluding to the fact that people who don't live in Thailand full time had no right to moan. My answer, again, I believe (due to it going missing) was that people who come and go such as myself are far more likely to be affected by TM30 than long term residents. Therefore, I'd say they have every right to comment.

Archived