Thailand tightens the screws on TM30 reporting, petition ongoing

webfact

Just now, taninthai said:

No but I have to buy a license to watch tv or have a dog or go fishing ,have to fill in a census form every now and the have to pay extortionate council tax every month ....now that’s stuff to moan about.

you didn’t answer my question so you travel and return 3 times every week?..

I did answer your question try to "slow  down a little"

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, taninthai said:

I’m so fed up reading about tm30 on this forum ......I just did mine this morning in and out in 8 minuits ,immigration were happy,smiling,friendly and helpful seriously what is all the fuss about ....moaners will be moaners where ever they are in the world.

For you yes.

What about someone who works Mon-Fri in one province and stays at home Fri-Mon morning in another. Two TM30 reports every week??

3 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Nope, i dont even do one at all............unfortunately though my friend in BKk who works for PLAN International has to go in and out 3  times a  week, often Malaysia then Indonesia Vietnam etc EVERY WEEK.

That’s alright then your friend works so he is actually getting paid while he goes to immigration,,,,,,still likes to moan about it though or are you just moaning for your friend

3 minutes ago, SoilSpoil said:

I have to drive 60 km to my IO. Online reporting not possible.

Maybe the petition should have been about making TM30 reporting available online nationwide? Then everyone would be suited.

Except those who's time is so valuable that two minutes on the internet would be the last nail in the expat coffin.

17 minutes ago, taninthai said:

I’m so fed up reading about tm30 on this forum ......I just did mine this morning in and out in 8 minuits ,immigration were happy,smiling,friendly and helpful seriously what is all the fuss about ....moaners will be moaners where ever they are in the world.

Perhaps they have a 4  hours return trip to their local 'friendly' Immigration?

2 minutes ago, taninthai said:

No but I have to buy a license to watch tv

Every time you leave the province?.............actually  you dont have to buy a licence to watch tv plenty of newer ways where you dont need one at all I havent had a  tv for about 15 years due to the internet amongst other ways to "watch tv"

Try to keep up to date, DOG licence scrapped in 1987, still thats  only  32 years ago so I guess you  need to adapt to modernity. Bit  like TM30 needs to be scrapped except about 50 years  ago

4 minutes ago, taninthai said:

That’s alright then your friend works so he is actually getting paid while he goes to immigration,,,,,,still likes to moan about it though or are you just moaning for your friend

I moaning to give you something to be apologetic for. Mainly the Thai system.

1 minute ago, gunderhill said:

Every time you leave the province?.............actually  you dont have to buy a licence to watch tv plenty of newer ways where you dont need one at all I havent had a  tv for about 15 years due to the internet amongst other ways to "watch tv"

Try to keep up to date, DOG licence scrapped in 1987, still thats  only  32 years ago so I guess you  need to adapt to modernity. Bit  like TM30 needs to be scrapped except about 50 years  ago

Sorry yeah i don’t watch tv or read newspapers live in my own little world in a nice little paradise

there are 35,000,000 tourists a year in Thailand so that’s around 100,000 TM30’s filed every day. If some of those tourists stay in multiple hotels then that number goes up pretty fast . How many people are employed just doing TM30 reports .

22 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Happened today to my Wife, she rents  condos, the Thai  Wife  looked at the room paid  the deposit , Wife spoke with the owner who said  ok, then the owner found out her husband was farang and said NO, dont want any farang due to TM30 and this is  not the only case shes  dealt with now.

Yeap, as time goes by, more landlords will be aware of all of this and they won’t wanna rent out to foreigners. They could be clean as whistles with nothing to hide, but why take the risk of being fined and paraded around on the news for not reporting their foreign tenants. 

3 minutes ago, AJBangkok said:

there are 35,000,000 tourists a year in Thailand so that’s around 100,000 TM30’s filed every day. If some of those tourists stay in multiple hotels then that number goes up pretty fast . How many people are employed just doing TM30 reports .

Not enough if you go to Chaeng wattana apparently

6 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yeap, as time goes by, more landlords will be aware of all of this and they won’t wanna rent out to foreigners. They could be clean as whistles with nothing to hide, but why take the risk of being fined and paraded around on the news for not reporting their foreign tenants. 

Or not declaring their income.

????????

The Problem is easily to solve:
It is to realize by immigration that even you are only temporarily allowed to stay in the country, you might have a residence here, so you don't change your address when you go i.e in holiday etc.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

Maybe the petition should have been about making TM30 reporting available online nationwide? Then everyone would be suited.

Except those who's time is so valuable that two minutes on the internet would be the last nail in the expat coffin.

Outside Thailand the apps are barely available . Even their website is blocked

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

would be nice if they could upgrade the system to be usable.

tried to register online twice, both applications still "waiting for approval - io to respond in 7 days".  sent in a form by mail over 5 weeks ago.....nothing.

would consider going in person, but that's a 2-1/2 hour trip on public transport each way.

was worried staying in a hotel last week in another province would screw up my report.  luckily the check in girl declined my passport and asked for gf's id card.

6 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

would be nice if they could upgrade the system to be usable.

tried to register online twice, both applications still "waiting for approval - io to respond in 7 days".  sent in a form by mail over 5 weeks ago.....nothing.

would consider going in person, but that's a 2-1/2 hour trip on public transport each way.

was worried staying in a hotel last week in another province would screw up my report.  luckily the check in girl declined my passport and asked for gf's id card.

Gf or wifes ID best way to go.

This was like I thought from start. No change. everybody still needs to do the TM30. The petition only made the authorities more irritated.

Good work. Now all supporters to this complaining petition feel happy with themselfs.

Think we will need another petition. Please create a law that says stop complain or be deported.

The only way stuff like this will ever get changed is if our own native countries start treating Thais overseas the same way we are treated here.

Its only when things irritate the HiSo's in Thai society that things get done.

So when they cant buy a house in London for example then they will get things changed back here. When they have to report to immigration every 90 days something will get done.

When they are told they need to keep so much money in a bank account all year something will get done.

When they have to self report their own movements around the country something will get done.

IMHO telling Thais what to do never ends well, they just sulk this applies from Plumbers, electrician to these immigration chappies.

Knowing the Thai mentality complete with their limited education and IQ it Stands a perfectly good chance they will out of sheer spite just make life even more difficult.

Sadly ....Better the devil you know

Archived