BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand tightens the screws on TM30 reporting, petition ongoing

5 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Right, got it.

Because I don't have a problem with the TM30, I have to get out more because I don't have a life.

Hold on a sec.........how are those two things connected? Please enlighten.

If you don't have a problem with it, why do you feel the need to come on here and inform of us of it? Why are you celebrating something that's caused distress to so many others? I've not been affected yet as I don't have to renew my visa until October. When I do, I can look forward to queuing up and paying 800 baht for the pleasure. 

Simply put; don't ask me why I have a problem with it and I won't ask you why you don't. 

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, taninthai said:

I’m so fed up reading about tm30 on this forum ......I just did mine this morning in and out in 8 minuits ,immigration were happy,smiling,friendly and helpful seriously what is all the fuss about ....moaners will be moaners where ever they are in the world.

It took almost all day the last time I did it, ~6 hours. In a small province upcountry. And I stay less than 10 minutes from the local immigration office. 

I also travel quite a lit around on my motorbike while Im in Thailand and visit other provinces and places. If I have to spend many hours in the Immigration office after every trip outside my base province - it would add up....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't know if it's already been said in the previous 22 pages but the way I see it is this...

Until some rich Thai rental property owners get fed up with the TM30 and go and put pressure on Immigraion to relax the requirements, then nothing will change. Farang have no influence or hope in this game with the men in uniform. 

It is rediculous if the requirement asks you to report your address even if it has not changed, simply because you took a holiday outside the country or if you spend a few days in another province. Any immigration requirement should follow logic and be practicable in its application. Those of us who have bought property and live there full time should be exempt from the requirement unless we move or sell which has been the practical application of the rule all along.

2 minutes ago, Mangkhut said:

It took almost all day the last time I did it, ~6 hours. In a small province upcountry. And I stay less than 10 minutes from the local immigration office. 

I also travel quite a lit around on my motorbike while Im in Thailand and visit other provinces and places. If I have to spend many hours in the Immigration office after every trip outside my base province - it would add up....

I used to go every weekend to Trat area, Koh Chang, Mak, kood...

let's say we had a mauritius and a maldives trip instead this year.

I did mine for my permanent home in Prachuab Khirikhan using the website and a google chrome browser on my laptop. It is a bit confusing but not impossible. You register first and then once it’s been (manually) approved by your local immigration office they send you a user ID and password. You then login to the website (or the app) and complete your reporting. The property details are in the REGISTRATION form so from what I can see you or your Thai host need to register and get a user ID and password for each place you stay more than 24 hours (excluding resorts and hotels that already report for you)

I then downloaded the iPhone app and checked the status of my registration at each day end. The registration was approved and I was told an email would be sent with the user ID etc. Once I had that the reporting process through the app was fairly simple and approval was very quick. 

1 August - registration request submitted

5 August - app status shows registration approved

8 August - received user ID and password by email. Logged on, completed form and got confirmation my reporting was successful

Based on my experience I recommend someone at ThaiVisa prepare and upload a detailed user friendly guide to the online registration and reporting process from the point of view of a foreigner using the system (the Immigration Bureau has an online guide but it’s in Thai and pretty unhelpful). 

Also if you regularly go upcountry to the same house(s) to visit relatives for a few days,  it’s worth doing some advance planning registering their names and properties on the system so you can then have user IDs and passwords to log in for them to report your stay there. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yumyai said:

Based on my experience I recommend someone at ThaiVisa prepare and upload a detailed user friendly guide to the online registration

Someone has already done a detailed thread with all that  info but half the people can’t seem to read or comprehend what they read,so they still seem to have problems..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I feel scammed, honestly. 

It's not worth the money anymore. 

I wanted to be conveient here, work outside, invest and life here, that's gone now. 

Think I'll setup an unnecessary company now, hire my maid and her kids, get a work permit and pay myself a salary with my own money and then i will loophole myself till pr and citizenship 🤔

Exactly the shit thailand encourages. 

Set up a company for PR or citizenship to avoid TM30? 🙂

Firstly, those are not guaranteed to get, so most likely you'd be wasting your money in paying unnecessary tax. As others have stated, they aren't fooled by shell companies that just meet minimum requirements.

Secondly, would you like to be Thai?

If I had your visa, I would skip both TM30 and 90 day reporting altogether, and not visit Immigration. Make life easy.

If one really needs to interact with them, deal with the fines at that time.

Not saying you should, saying I probably would, if I had your visa.

Edited by lkv

10 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

It is rediculous if the requirement asks you to report your address even if it has not changed

This has been going on since they introduced the 90 days report... :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

If you don't have a problem with it, why do you feel the need to come on here and inform of us of it? Why are you celebrating something that's caused distress to so many others? I've not been affected yet as I don't have to renew my visa until October. When I do, I can look forward to queuing up and paying 800 baht for the pleasure. 

Simply put; don't ask me why I have a problem with it and I won't ask you why you don't. 

If this thread was only for people that thought the TM30 policy was bad, then it would be just an echo chamber. What would there be to discuss? Sounds boring, but, what would I know, I don't have a life (note to self.......got to get out more).

Stating that I don't have a problem with it is celebrating? Not according to my dictionary.

Your last statement is just a cop out, which shows that you are not really interested in opposing views, just people to reinforce your own limited view.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, luk AJ said:

Great for you, but I am travelling for work nearly every week to Phuket and stay 2 nights. When I am not travelling to Phuket, I am on business trips in Asia. How can I comply with the TM30? Online doesn’t work, I am already waiting 2 months for my log in and password.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I have friends who have waited over 3 months and still not received theirs.🤪👎

Our human history is littered with abuses and overreach by governments, regimes, ruling classes, races, religious groups, etc.  Humans are prone to dominating and controlling others.  The motivation isn't always pure, or justifiable, and has, on several occassions, crossed over into barking mad insanity. 

A conundrum between going along to get along, as long as our pesonal rice bowls aren't upset too much, and the other end of the spectrum - crusaders, activists, protestors, who seem to be endlessly up in arms about something.  The large swath in the middle are spectators with an interest in the outcome, which ever way it might go.

Not saying the current effort wrt to Thailand's Immigration policies rises to the level of international attention, but if you look through the lens of history, and extrapolate the trajectory, it might well be time to "put a pin in it", and at least let the powers that be know the quiet, mostly voiceless minority group they are spending a lot of time managing, is paying attention.  Respectfully, of course.

I suspected the ruling regime would turn their noses up at it but possibly, quietly, at some point in the future.........?  The key being, it has to be seen as being their own idea.  Not because they buckled to social pressure or external/international influence.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rbmcn said:

Why don’t they go to there immigration office and ask what’s happening then?

would seem the logical thing to do right.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, rbmcn said:

Check with  Tanin Thai he has all the answers, its  simple

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

If this thread was only for people that thought the TM30 policy was bad, then it would be just an echo chamber. What would there be to discuss? Sounds boring, but, what would I know, I don't have a life (note to self.......got to get out more).

Stating that I don't have a problem with it is celebrating? Not according to my dictionary.

Your last statement is just a cop out, which shows that you are not really interested in opposing views, just people to reinforce your own limited view.

Then point out why you don't mind it by actually explaining why it's not a problem. Simply saying you don't mind doing it doesn't help anyone. It just annoys others.

I mind doing it because I've followed the rules. I've given all the documentation they've asked me to supply. That's all I can do. To then turn around and ask for a new document (it's not my job to study immigration law and enforce laws onto myself when immigration don't) I had no idea about is one thing, to make me queue up with hundreds of others and pay an 800 baht fine is another. I've done my police checks. I've never been in trouble here. I don't see how reporting where I am all the time helps anyone. I could very easily just lie. 

Look up the word 'celebrate'. There's more than one meaning.

I don't have a problem with many things. But the things that don't bother me aren't necessarily the things that don't cause trouble for others.

• Sad 1