BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand tightens the screws on TM30 reporting, petition ongoing

On 8/13/2019 at 4:22 PM, gunderhill said:

you  need  to  tell  us  why?

Just because the staffers (plural) said so. 

You mean the staffers all had the same answer? In Thailand? Thai immigration?:shock1:

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 4:30 PM, overherebc said:

Gf or wifes ID best way to go.

Even your own ID, except your passport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2019 at 4:47 PM, Mistymilesdj said:

Next thing you know, they'll want to know every bar you visited.

I'm going to Tesco Lotus tomorrow, would that count?

• Haha 1

On August 13, 2019 at 3:32 PM, taninthai said:

I’m so fed up reading about tm30 on this forum ......I just did mine this morning in and out in 8 minuits ,immigration were happy,smiling,friendly and helpful seriously what is all the fuss about ....moaners will be moaners where ever they are in the world.

Glad it worked for you in eight minutes........but give a thought to the folks who live a 150 kilo or more to the closest immigration office......a long round trip drive for basically nothing they don't already have in their computers. The world doesn't revolve around you, though you probably think it does. But enjoy your eight minutes of fame. Now go and report again...555

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

does the UK embassy exist atall ??

The who?

On 8/13/2019 at 5:35 PM, DogNo1 said:

It's the landlord's responsibility to file the TM 30 unless he/she doesn't do it.  Then it becomes the tenant's responsibility to file it and apparently if it's not filed correctly, the tenant's extension of stay can be denied.  A hiatus of four days during which a foreigner did not report his stay in Bangkok before he returned to his permanent residence is said to have resulted in the denial of his extension of stay.  Exactly what threat to national security does this four-day omission pose?  I am baffled by what purpose knowing the location of every foreigner at all times serves.  Does anyone know?  

I'm in Bangkok just now and it is mostly Chinese (have to be careful when I step on the kerb) Africans, Indians, etc, etc. Not many Westerners at all.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rexall said:

I like the "frog in a pot" talk.  

Indicate of the intelligence level of the gene pool here 

Posted (edited)

I just came back from doing my annual extension at Chang Wattana.  It took me about 4 1/2 hours, half for renewing my extension and half for filing a TM30 (they wouldn't complete the extension until I showed them a TM30 receipt).

The TM30 desks were a mad-house.  There were Thai landlords there because their online reporting system didn't work and assorted foreigners (mostly Asian, not Farang) trying to pay their fines and get their forms accepted.  The people who had all all the correct paperwork were in and out fairly quickly, but those who didn't have everything they needed were kept waiting for hours and I saw at least one woman thrown out after being told to bring her landlord in to pay the fine!

Here's what I took to file my TM30:

A copy of the landlord's ID card and Tabian Baan.

The house ID number

A copy of the rental agreement.

A copy of my passport and the visa and the current(new) visa extension stamp.

800 Baht.

My wife asked the woman at the front desk about the TM30 and was told that we only had to report once after entering the country.  I would not have to report after traveling to another province.  This sounded too good to be true so asked again about traveling.  "The hotel or resort will report you and you can ask for a receipt from them". But how about when I return home?  "There's an App for that".

🙄

So, there you have it folks, two contradictory statements from a single Immigration Officer!

Edited by otherstuff1957
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, otherstuff1957 said:

So, there you have it folks, two contradictory statements from a single Immigration Officer!

Of course. It's all both confusing and very easy in the same time.

The purpose is to get the foreigner so confused, that he eventually forks out fines. And believes it was his fault because it was so easy.

They made fortunes with the 90 day reporting fines in the past (people forgetting to report). Simply a new stream of revenue, this TM30.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 2

This is what a confused foreigner looks like.

20190814_153927.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Even your own ID, except your passport.

I checked into a hotel a few days back and tried to use my pink id. No go, had to give passport, which means my tm30 is now done by the hotel and my wife should report me again when we return home to where my yellow tabian baan is. As far as I'm concerned they can shove it, perhaps the only benefit of elite is I won't have to do extensions and right now won't stay more than 90d in Thailand anyway.

• Like 1