BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand tightens the screws on TM30 reporting, petition ongoing

6 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

you don't like me posting on this thread because I don't have the same opinion as you

Never said that. You're putting words in my mouth.

6 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Isn't that a bit two-faced and hypocritical?

Keep attacking, I keep reporting.

Cheers.

On 8/13/2019 at 4:47 PM, taninthai said:

No but I have to buy a license to watch tv or have a dog or go fishing ,have to fill in a census form every now and the have to pay extortionate council tax every month ....now that’s stuff to moan about.

you didn’t answer my question so you travel and return 3 times every week?..

Thailand also has a regular census of foreigners called TM30, no fish in the rivers, worst TV in the world stray rabid dogs everywhere and many places have no regular rubbish collection. That's why UK is called a 'first world' country.

I dont think anyone cares less if posters are in thailand etc. Its when people give opinion when they haven't actually had first hand experience.

Unless you live in thailand and have experience with an office that enforces TM30, you are blissfully unaware of the impact.

A little frustrating when you have just queued up for 3 hours to pay a fine and someone posting from mums basement (or nakon nowhere with no enforcement) tells you its not an issue.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, lkv said:

Never said that. You're putting words in my mouth.

Keep attacking, I keep reporting.

Cheers.

Beg your pardon. It was rkidlad who has the problem with me posting.

I've edited the post.

Edited by Joe Mcseismic

Just now, Joe Mcseismic said:

Beg your pardon. It was rkidlad who has the problem with me posting.

Then quote him, not me.

Thank you.

Just now, lkv said:

Then quote him, not me.

Thank you.

Go back and re-read the post I've edited. What remains is valid for you.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Go back and re-read the post I've edited. What remains is valid for you.

What's so ironic about that?

I don't find anything ironic in people commenting on Immigration changes in Thailand from outside of Thailand.

Edited by lkv

4 minutes ago, lkv said:

What's so ironic about that?

I don't find anything ironic in people commenting on Immigration changes in Thailand from outside of Thailand.

I do.

18 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I imagine so, I was more pointing out that you cannot just pop online and do a report unless previously registered.

i registered but the log in and password they sent doesn't work.

What a crock of sh1t

Just now, Joe Mcseismic said:

I do.

That's great for you, some will agree others will disagree.

1 minute ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Online reporting. My immigration office only want a TM30 when coming back from abroad, though, I wouldn't have a problem with reporting if I have been out of province. Why? Because I can do it online. If for some reason I can't do it online, then a 20 minute ride to the immigration office and three minutes at the drive-thru with just my passport and previous TM30 slip and it's done.

You want to complain about something? Complain about the new seasoning requirement for the 800k to get the extension for retirement.

Okay, so you have a username and password. Many of us in Bangkok don't. We are still waiting. I've been waiting for over three weeks now. Some have been waiting much longer. 

Again, you live a 20-minute ride to immigration. For me it's at least 45 minutes, and guess what? I have a job. I have things do during working hours. So that's at least an hour and a half just to get there and back. And god knows how long to queue with hundreds of others. For what? To tell them that I stayed a night in Hua Hin and I'm now back to my condo which I'm officially registered as living in? Oh, and every 90 days I have to confirm I'm still living there, anyway.

We are not all in the same boat as you. If the TM30 isn't a problem for you, be happy and safe in that knowledge and get on with your life. You don't need to worry. But for many of us, it's not that simple. We all have our own situation. The whole TM30 issue isn't about what's easy or difficult for you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saminoz said:

i registered but the log in and password they sent doesn't work.

What a crock of sh1t

From memory, the 1st password is for one login and you are then prompted to change it, maybe that dialog was blocked by a pop-up blocker.

Most reports are problems getting the password, no reports of PW not working.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Okay, so you have a username and password. Many of us in Bangkok don't. We are still waiting. I've been waiting for over three weeks now. Some have been waiting much longer. 

Again, you live a 20-minute ride to immigration. For me it's at least 45 minutes, and guess what? I have a job. I have things do during working hours. So that's at least an hour and a half just to get there and back. And god knows how long to queue with hundreds of others. For what? To tell them that I stayed a night in Hua Hin and I'm now back to my condo which I'm officially registered as living in? Oh, and every 90 days I have to confirm I'm still living there, anyway.

We are not all in the same boat as you. If the TM30 isn't a problem for you, be happy and safe in that knowledge and get on with your life. You don't need to worry. But for many of us, it's not that simple. We all have our own situation. The whole TM30 issue isn't about what's easy or difficult for you.

So, the actual problem isn't the TM30 per se, but, the inefficiencies of your local immigration office.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

From memory, the 1st password is for one login and you are then prompted to change it, maybe that dialog was blocked by a pop-up blocker.

Most reports are problems getting the password, no reports of PW not working.

Thanks Peterw42.

I got a mail with a new username (as opposed to the email I used) and a password. Neither of them work, at least so far but I have only tried from the mobile app (Android).

Anyone know of a weblink that can be used instead?