Thailand tightens the screws on TM30 reporting, petition ongoing

webfact

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gunderhill said:

Nope, i dont even do one at all............unfortunately though my friend in BKk who works for PLAN International has to go in and out 3  times a  week, often Malaysia then Indonesia Vietnam etc EVERY WEEK.

So, if he goes out 3 times every week, stays overnight and has 24 hours to report upon his return..........I guess hes doesn't need to report every time. Not enough days in the week.

It's the landlord's responsibility to file the TM 30 unless he/she doesn't do it.  Then it becomes the tenant's responsibility to file it and apparently if it's not filed correctly, the tenant's extension of stay can be denied.  A hiatus of four days during which a foreigner did not report his stay in Bangkok before he returned to his permanent residence is said to have resulted in the denial of his extension of stay.  Exactly what threat to national security does this four-day omission pose?  I am baffled by what purpose knowing the location of every foreigner at all times serves.  Does anyone know?  

32 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

So, if he goes out 3 times every week, stays overnight and has 24 hours to report upon his return..........I guess hes doesn't need to report every time. Not enough days in the week.

Guy must be working 7 days a week if he travelling that much ,don’t sound like much of a life .......you get 48 hours to report ????

would imagine his passport would be full with stamps by the end off the month too????????????

Not really believable is it.

1 hour ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

You think they'll flip for 10,000 signatures? 100,000 signatures?

Give us a number.

Hand the petition over to the US and UK embassies and see if they will forward it to whom it concerns?

(Though I have doubts that our embassies exist to help us)

1 hour ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

You think they'll flip for 10,000 signatures? 100,000 signatures?

Give us a number.

They wouldn't flip for all the tea in China. imo I believe the Thais feel that upsetting a few thousand expats now and then to increase security is a trade off they can live with. Every time an foreign criminal is apprehended here it justifies their decision, and there has been a lot of losers snagged here -  and whether it was by the TM 30 net or not, it does not matter.  A countries internal security measures are like taxes, once applied they're usually not rescinded.  

1 hour ago, taninthai said:

Guy must be working 7 days a week if he travelling that much ,don’t sound like much of a life .......you get 48 hours to report ????

would imagine his passport would be full with stamps by the end off the month too????????????

Not really believable is it.

i dont think a stamp in the passport is required just a report slip as in 90 day ??

33 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Hand the petition over to the US and UK embassies and see if they will forward it to whom it concerns?

(Though I have doubts that our embassies exist to help us)

does the UK embassy exist atall ??

Have asked before on a different TM 30 post.. will ask again, how often must you do a TM 30 ? 

Had the house build in 2003/4 moved in over 15 years ago.... last time went out of Thailand was many years  [2009] ago, did a TM 28 + TM 30 -  found the bit of paper with the stamp and I.O's signature dated 2010..  

So need a 'new' TM 30 ? as still the same address, my next extension due in 3 months so want to be ready..

So what is the 90 day address reporting all about ? never missed or been late doing it in almost 16 years.

27 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

what a boring life that must be

Oh as if you know my life ,,,,,,,more a less escaped the rat race at 35 years old and spent the last 12 years pursuing my hobbies and living the dream. I am by no means rich just set my life up so I don’t actually too much money simple life is happy life for me.

my idea of a boring life is working till your 65 being brainwashed by watching tv and believing stuff you read in the press..... a boring life you could not be more wrong????????????????????

i don’t drink and I don’t shag whores I suppose that’s a boring life in your eyes too.......I will be laughing all night at your comment

9 minutes ago, ignis said:

Have asked before on a different TM 30 post.. will ask again, how often must you do a TM 30 ? 

Had the house build in 2003/4 moved in over 15 years ago.... last time went out of Thailand was many years  [2009] ago, did a TM 28 + TM 30 -  found the bit of paper with the stamp and I.O's signature dated 2010..  

So need a 'new' TM 30 ? as still the same address, my next extension due in 3 months so want to be ready..

So what is the 90 day address reporting all about ? never missed or been late doing it in almost 16 years.

Unfortunatly all 'I' can answer is depends on your local Imm' office

14 minutes ago, ignis said:

Whenever you leave your province you are supposed to do a new tm30.

i can't tell you how often you do that tho ???? And enforcement is randomly depening on immigration offices

4 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

I don't watch TV I read enough crap on this site and I don't shag whores either and yes I was

brainwashed in to coming to Thailand where I lost every thing I worked hard for

In other words, a woman made a mug of you. Explains the bitterness, though, you are certainly not alone.

3 hours ago, taninthai said:

I’m so fed up reading about tm30 on this forum ......I just did mine this morning in and out in 8 minuits ,immigration were happy,smiling,friendly and helpful seriously what is all the fuss about ....moaners will be moaners where ever they are in the world.

Yeah, yeah, 8 minutes, would be the case here, in Buriram, too. But how about the 3 hours to get there and back?

1 minute ago, White Christmas13 said:

I am not bitter at all I just hate those apologists who blabber on every thing in Thailand is so good

Well, everything is good...........for me. TM30 and 90 day report online, though the immigration office is only 20 minutes away. Live in a beautiful house with a woman I've been with for nigh on 22 years.

Not everyone has had the disappointments that you have had, so, we might have a different outlook. Frankly, Thailand has been good to me.

4 hours ago, zydeco said:

Any news in this story? Seems to me to be a rehash of everything we've seen over the past few weeks.

I thought it's a pretty good summary with good observations. And likely a good prediction, if anything is going to change, it'll be for the worse. Obvious when you look at who's sitting on the driver's seat.

4 hours ago, AJBangkok said:

there are 35,000,000 tourists a year in Thailand so that’s around 100,000 TM30’s filed every day. If some of those tourists stay in multiple hotels then that number goes up pretty fast . How many people are employed just doing TM30 reports .

Not enough. Waiting 3 weeks now for my password and the site is down too. 

image.png.9aebc59ac12d1334718d1f086942eb41.png

My neighbours have just taken and built on public land behind my house. Government people, police don't care! Clean up your own issues first Thailand!! 

Is there a Thai that isn't a criminal? I dont know of any foreigners that are so why the stupidity? Penis envy, mucho shat i guess..

4 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I can't understand why they are so paranoid about national security?

Oh it was in the news. A couple of immigrations big wigs wives got scammed in a Nigerian romance sting. It's good old revenge.

Anyway , if everyone sleeps in their cars when traveling whilst leaving the lights and a radio on at home nobody will know.

Archived