BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand tightens the screws on TM30 reporting, petition ongoing

10 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

The only thing it comes to terms with, is that you and many other foreigners living in Thailand make things more complicated than it need to be, by not having the guts to update themself by speaking to an officer at their local office. Time to grow some balls!

Update themselves? You mean get the latest status, which may change any second? 

I'd just stay steel up and think of the queen while being reamed at the immi office. Or buy elite and do your best to avoid them completely.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Maybe that tells you that you have to file TM30 in person then, and not with an application that obviously doesn´t work. You do know that they are offering that app as a service, and not under any obligation. I am sure they are going to work out everything so it works online in the near future. However, if there is no obligation to offer an app, then there is nothing to complain about, right?

Everybody that has a full time job, can solve that easy. I am 100% sure that their local Immigration office would accept them to file the TM30 after work the same day, with no fine if it were over 24 hours. The big problem is that nobody informs and tell their Immigration office. It´s much more easy to ask the questions and complain on Thai Visa. That´s pure stupidity in it´s finest version. What is wrong? Are there so many people afraid of speaking to the officer in their Immigration office?

(Oooh! Forgot, if the office is closed after work, then I gues you will just have to work out a plan with your boss then, or take it at an extended lunch. Everything can get fixed is people really want to, instead of complaining all the time)

Happy to hear that. Above didn´t come to terms with your sarcastic happiness or your version of a virtual and magically okey. The only thing it comes to terms with, is that you and many other foreigners living in Thailand make things more complicated than it need to be, by not having the guts to update themself by speaking to an officer at their local office. Time to grow some balls!

Yea, just rock up the two-man TM30 counter, with your big balls, and with hundreds of people queuing, and tell them, "I have some questions and I want some damn answers!" 

They'll love you for it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, taninthai said:

See this is my exact point moaners will be moaners ,this is a tourist who isn’t does not even affectbbut they still need to come on the forum and moan about it.

the system is in its early stages once the online system is working fine for everyone it will be as easy to do as opening up your email.

already many many are saying the online system works fine for them as usual ferang cannot be patient.

i don’t feel empathy if people are to dumb to register online or mail it in and would prefer to drive 80 km or spend all day in a busy immigration that’s there own choice.

half the people don’t seem to be able to read on this forum still repeating have to notify within 24/hours

ITS 48 hours if you can’t even grasp that you have no hope of registering online.

i deal with general public everyday and you soon realise a huge percent are completely clueless it makes me wonder how they get through life.

1267683988_TM30dissected.jpg.100e1837510

You have posted multiple posts, denigrating others and how other people are wrong, that "it,s 48 hours not 24."

It,s 24.  

You are confusing your TMs. 

Edit, just read your following post

"half the people don’t seem to be able to read on this forum still repeating have to notify within 24/hours

ITS 48 hours if you can’t even grasp that you have no hope of registering online.

i deal with general public everyday and you soon realise a huge percent are completely clueless it makes mewonder how they get through life."

YOU?? You deal with the general public?

I sincerely hope not as a job!

I guess you mean the public outside your front door

Edited by bigginhill
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, bigginhill said:

1267683988_TM30dissected.jpg.100e1837510

You have posted multiple posts, denigrating others and how other people are wrong, that "it,s 48 hours not 24."

It,s 24.  

You are confusing your TMs. 

Edit, just read your following post

"half the people don’t seem to be able to read on this forum still repeating have to notify within 24/hours

i deal with general public everyday and you soon realise a huge percent are completely clueless it makes mewonder how they get through life."

YOU?? You deal with the general public?

I sincerely hope not as a job!

I guess you mean the public outside your front door

If I’m wrong I’m wrong no big deal I’m not claiming to be an expert,I came in the country Thursday aug 8th and done my tm30 tuesday 13th no fine for me wasn’t even mentioned about time frame as said my immigration friendly and helpful,,,so that is showing a bit of leniency by immigration.....was basing 48 hours on the silly picture...lol

2D833C75-7CAE-4F24-B2D6-8AAE9B4C306E.jpeg

44 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yea, just rock up the two-man TM30 counter, with your big balls, and with hundreds of people queuing, and tell them, "I have some questions and I want some damn answers!" 

They'll love you for it. 

No not if I have that approach. Now I understand why you see all as problems. The lack of a polite way when asking and knowing how to ask as well as the right time to ask if purely baffling. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, taninthai said:

If I’m wrong I’m wrong no big deal I’m not claiming to be an expert,I came in the country Thursday aug 8th and done my tm30 tuesday 13th no fine for me wasn’t even mentioned about time frame as said my immigration friendly and helpful,,,so that is showing a bit of leniency by immigration.....was basing 48 hours on the silly picture...lol

2D833C75-7CAE-4F24-B2D6-8AAE9B4C306E.jpeg

",I came in the country Thursday aug 8th and done my tm30 tuesday 13th"     

Of course aug 8th to august 13th,...... That was your 48hours you had in mind?

"i deal with general public everyday and you soon realise a huge percentare completely clueless it makesmewonder how they get throughlife."

22 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I believe someone posted just yesterday that they went to do their marriage extension at CW. They did ask about the TM30. They were told they only needed to do it once for when they re-enter Thailand. They thought great, but then thought to ask, "What if I want to travel around to another province?". To which they were told there's no problem, you can do that online. Again, not everyone can do it online. Most people, like myself, will wait until they do their extension and kill two birds with one stone. 

You can keep reiterating how easy it is to do, but in reality, that isn't true. 

From my experience, when you talk to Thai's or at least, when my wife does about these loops to go through, often Thai's ask, 'Why stay here' or something similar to that.

I for one agree it's a hassle. It clearly is. Secondly, let's not be naive about this; "they" don't want us here.

Just because it's not a hassle for a few doesn't mean it's not for most..

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

"if you don't like it here, go back to where you came from" is the most common response I've heard all over the world in response to even the mildest commentary - not even criticism - from newcomers. To suggest that somehow the Thais are unique in that respect or that it represents a new groundswell of anti-westerner feeling betrays a lack of experience of life as it is lived worldwide

Well then, world traveler, with such use of characterizations, I would hope you can see, that your point is lackluster as it's implications were never intended. "To suggest that somehow the Thai's are unique.." Where did I do a comparison? 

"...new groundswell of anti-westerner feeling" I guess I'm not...credulous. Disagree with you as well. Have you read through these threads?

Edited by Solinvictus

On 8/13/2019 at 3:32 PM, taninthai said:

I’m so fed up reading about tm30 on this forum ......I just did mine this morning in and out in 8 minuits ,immigration were happy,smiling,friendly and helpful seriously what is all the fuss about ....moaners will be moaners where ever they are in the world.

Because some people work on weekdays so cannot go to immigration at 8am!  Landlords who apply online have been told  they have to wait at least 5 weeks till they get a username and password.  So that means that if I go to Ayuthaya for a night I have to take Monday morning off work to go tell immigration.  Perhaps that is why some people are 'moaning' ?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

I believe someone posted just yesterday that they went to do their marriage extension at CW. They did ask about the TM30. They were told they only needed to do it once for when they re-enter Thailand. They thought great, but then thought to ask, "What if I want to travel around to another province?". To which they were told there's no problem, you can do that online. Again, not everyone can do it online. Most people, like myself, will wait until they do their extension and kill two birds with one stone. 

You can keep reiterating how easy it is to do, but in reality, that isn't true. 

They are not handing out usernames for five weeks!

3 hours ago, taninthai said:

You find them type of people generally live a sad and unhappy life,,,,and anyone that doesn’t agree with them is a Thai apologist. Or is wearing rose tinted glasses.....life is to short make your decisions according to whatever suits you best and get out there and live your life.

i shall be getting on my bike riding 500 km in the next few weeks and doing 5 days fishing,,,yes I will need to do tm30 again ,,so what...the app might be working on my phone by then,,,if it’s not oh dear I will have to gomimmigration again ,,,big deal I more looking forwa d toncatching big fish .

and if the app is not working on my phone while I’m at immigration I will ask them about my username and password.

ah life is so difficult

Lucky you to be able to go and do all those things. I applied for the app and have been told I have to wait till end of Sept/beg of Oct for my username.  However, those who work five days a week and cannot go up and down to CW every MOnday if I go away for a weekend.  Life is more difficult for some.  

• Like 1

One possible change would be to stipulate that clause 4 reporting only kicks in after 72 hours away from home, rather than 24 hours. It would allow thousands of expatriates who are long-stay or retirees to visit other provinces for up to three days without triggering a clause 4 reporting hassle.” Good suggestion that probably is more plausible than trying to petition for elimination of the TM 30 altogether, which Immigration authorities currently are focused on enforcing. I would support a petition to do the above for starters!!!

This topic seems to be making alot of noise and for daroadrunner to state it took 8 minutes is a childish lie, as at CW its takes longer than that to find a place to park - I just don't bother with this communist rule and never have bothered with it.... the online option is the biggest software failure offering joke ever.... grow up Thailand its 2020 nearly and your still 100 years behind and hold near 'lord of the rings' rules such as Lèse majesté - crazy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1