BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand tightens the screws on TM30 reporting, petition ongoing

11 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Isn't it obvious? No.....obviously not to you. Though, I'll give you a hint. It's nothing to do with frequency of how many times a person enters the country.

No its not obvious but strangely, I can't find any of the posts either I or you are refering to. I don't know why that would be as there certainly wasn't any 'bickering' going on. I asked a question - what's your point? That question may have been aimed at you if you wrote the post I was quoting but equally it may refer to anyone else - you may have taken it upon yourself to answer as some do. I really don't know due to the posts having been removed.

I seem to remember the post seemed to be alluding to the fact that people who don't live in Thailand full time had no right to moan. My answer, again, I believe (due to it going missing) was that people who come and go such as myself are far more likely to be affected by TM30 than long term residents. Therefore, I'd say they have every right to comment.

I apologise if I appear conceited by stating that all you have to do is download the application and register online. It is a fact that once you are registered, it is very easy.

However, so many people seem to be complaining about either the download not working or not receiving passwords that there must be something wrong with the system.

I am no techie - quite the opposite but I remember posting in another thread a while back that I could see the system crashing if a lot of people started registering. I was told I was talking rubbish, it was only a tiny application and would not crash - well something's wrong now.

I was very lucky because a young girl at Korat Immigration completed my online application for me, all I had to do was fill in the username and password that came the next day. All seemed to work well then and has done since but clearly there's something wrong now.  I guess the problem could be with the technology, the people checking the application or both.

If the application itself is unstable or crashing due to the amount of people trying to register I would not be surprised by either. I would very much doubt that Thai Immigration would pay a real professional to build the application - probably someone on 15,000 per month. I have a Thai friend who's an IT teacher at a technical college, I asked him to have a look at my laptop which was running very slowly and he completely screwed it up. I'm sure there are some real IT professionals in Thailand but I don't think they'll work for the wages government departments pay.

I can imagine one poor young girl, probably one of the students you see working in immigration, sitting there at her computer with 1000's of TM30 applications backed up whilst her computer also crashes due to it being still on XP with a memory measured in mb instead of gigs.

18 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

1. Comply with the rules for TM30.

2. Don't bother with it at all and just pay the fines as and when they come up.

3. Go live in another country.

Number 2 is me. I couldn't care less, 2000 baht fine I can afford. If they want 10000 baht I can still afford it. I am going to be pixxx if it happens one day, but I have other things to worry about than TM30. 

• Like 1

Should the hospital admin require to the report to the Immigration when the foreigners are there? My wife will be admitted to the hospital for brain surgery and she require to stay 7 - 8 days there. As a husband, I require stay there for 7 - 8 days too to watch over her.  

As stated that, the property owner require to report TM.30 if any foreigner staying in their home, otherwise the foreigner do it for property owner with the require documents. But then, I can't leave my wife behind, and waste half-day in the Immigration Office. Secondly, the hospital admin will not give their tabian baan, directors ID and etc. Thirdly, the hospital admin will not do it for you because they need to save patients.

24 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Well we  wouldnt stand  around  videoing it and making an uproar on facebook like the Thais do wed  be  out there  digging out survivors  whilst the authorities  tried to round us  up for working without a  permit

Actually, vlogging the chaos in Chaengwattana, with Indians camped on the floor eating lunch due to the lack of chairs, and mountains of paper on staff desks might not be a bad idea if someone managed it discreetly. A Hong Kong airport style video would certainly raise some eyebrows.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

agree ….  i'm not telling the office every time I go for a shit 

dont worry some nark  in the office will report your "movements"   to immigration for you

12 minutes ago, macgver said:

Should the hospital admin require to the report to the Immigration when the foreigners are there? My wife will be admitted to the hospital for brain surgery and she require to stay 7 - 8 days there. As a husband, I require stay there for 7 - 8 days too to watch over her.  

You'll just be a visitor, no need to register any change in your usual accommodation. Best wishes with your wife's surgery. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2019 at 1:05 PM, possum1931 said:

Do you know there are actually some deluded posters on here who agree with this "silly Law"?

and here is another one.

12 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

and here is another one.

at  least  you  know  you  have  a  problem😁 its the first  step  to full recovery

• Haha 2

On 8/14/2019 at 3:12 PM, Vacuum said:

This has been going on since they introduced the 90 days report... :thumbsup:

The 90 day report is a confirmation of your address, why do yhey need a TM 30? I have my own condo so confirm my own address on a TM30 same difference. A waste of paper and an annoyance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

The 90 day report is a confirmation of your address

Yep, I've said as much before.  I can't really understand that part - they seem to be refusing to let some people report their address (TM47) because they have not reported their address (TM30) 😂.

On 8/15/2019 at 10:33 AM, lkv said:

You like posting your positive stories but don't need/like to hear other people's negative stories.

Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not. Yes it is.  No its not.

For heavens sake just block him.