Thailand tightens the screws on TM30 reporting, petition ongoing

webfact

17 hours ago, taninthai said:

I’m so fed up reading about tm30 on this forum ......I just did mine this morning in and out in 8 minuits ,immigration were happy,smiling,friendly and helpful seriously what is all the fuss about ....moaners will be moaners where ever they are in the world.

Maybe your immigration office is on your doorstep. Ours is a 150km round trip.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why don’t they reveal the statistics for foreigners caught up in National Security issues.

When is the last time a foreigner was caught letting off a bomb in Bangkok ?  when is the last time a foreigner went crazy with a machine gun and tried to shoot the PM ?

when is the last time a group of foreigners tried to overthrow the government ?

National security threat......what National Security threat ?

8 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

This seems to be their main excuse, but doesn't make any sense.

If an indian marries and he gets a marriage visa, why would he go hiding???

If he doesn't have a legit visa he will go hiding anyway and tm30 won't help them find him ever.

Well, i am waiting since nearly 2 months now for online credentials from CW, so there's that...their stuff just doesn't work and is extremely inefficient, i can just report bogus stuff if i want, self reporting makes absolutely no sense...

I agree with you 100%, i.e. most stuff here in Thailand doesn't make sense or work, but we all know who is at the top, and those below don't question or challenge and just keep shovelling away, I call it the cow/grass syndrome, my Thai wife used to have it, but until she lived overseas with me for 9 years, she changed her diet ????

It is what it is and my wife says, darling, cannot change, Thailand is like this for many years, you complain, someone read your letter, rip it up and in the bin, just take care, not get upset, lets go boom boom ????

'National Security' simply means the military wants more submarines.  The Navy Admiral tells the police chief of his needs and asks 'where can we get more cash'? The police chief looks around and sees numerous farang enjoying life in T'land and hits upon TM30.

Case closed; until the military needs more jet fighter airplanes.

I’m so fed up reading about tm30 on this forum ......I just did mine this morning in and out in 8 minuits ,immigration were happy,smiling,friendly and helpful seriously what is all the fuss about ....moaners will be moaners where ever they are in the world.

I am sure that you live close to an immigration office or police station.  Many expats live in rural area 50 kilometers or more from the nearest immigration office.  Some expats are disabled or have medical conditions.  It is a huge pain to have to go to the immigration office every week to report when you have to go to Bangkok for medical services.  For those with work permits who travel, it is equally difficult.

Quoting the need for national security to know exactly where expats, long term workers or married people are within 24 hours is simply ridiculous !

I understand the need to know where short term tourists in the country are but not being able to distinguish between the two shows the immigrations inability to to use modern thinking & technology.

Eight minutes. Quick. But how about the whole story, about how long you had to spend travelling to and from immigration to do it?

Happy you took only 8 minutes. Wife and I went to Chaeng Wattana on July 30th and it took the whole bloody Day. We had queue # 274... 

Decided we rather pay the B800 penalty once a year than doing this 20plus times a year whenever I come back into Thailand again. BTW the helpful officer confirmed to us that for Bangkok online does not work well....

Thats because you probably don’t live in Bkk. That’s a real pain to go from my house in sukhumvit 101 to changwattana everytime i am leaving bkk for a weekend. I am working mon-fri and i dont have 4h to go to immigration every monday, + it cost me about 400b to go there. If you leave in the province then i understand you are fed up but many expats lives in bkk and thats not as convenient as taking just 8 mins, it takes me 4h... Until there will be a working online registration i wont stop hoping this tm 30 thing stops. The point being a criminal he won’t  comply to this registration obviously so it does not change anything for bad guys but make the life of the good ones more  difficult. 

This is why I don’t like to read and comment on such issues as the TM30. There are those who complain and bring more problems to others and make life more difficult for others in Thailand even when not breaking the law. This is not our country and we have to follow the laws. Either the old or new laws they are to be respected. I got nothing to hide and I don’t make a deal about it. Those wanting to change how things are done in Thailand especially when they are either permitted and permanent residents to the short term holiday visits have no real power. When you try to push for change or argue that Thais are wrong and don’t know anything. This is a big mistake and it won’t work out in your favor in the end. It will only make things worse and life more difficult than before. Stop the silly nonsense and get back to focus on what matters. 

17 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

So you must live next door to an immigration office if it took 8 minutes from your front door to report and get back to your place?

Why do you guys have to do this---- cant you bloody read------ It took 8 mins inside the office of immigration----- he said nothing about leaving home or arriving back home.  Please learn to read properly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, emecompanie2015 said:

This is why I don’t like to read and comment on such issues as the TM30. There are those who complain and bring more problems to others and make life more difficult for others in Thailand even when not breaking the law. This is not our country and we have to follow the laws. Either the old or new laws they are to be respected. I got nothing to hide and I don’t make a deal about it. Those wanting to change how things are done in Thailand especially when they are either permitted and permanent residents to the short term holiday visits have no real power. When you try to push for change or argue that Thais are wrong and don’t know anything. This is a big mistake and it won’t work out in your favor in the end. It will only make things worse and life more difficult than before. Stop the silly nonsense and get back to focus on what matters. 

Well said Matey------- glad to see there is someone who sees the right side of things

4 minutes ago, emecompanie2015 said:

Like what?

That 8 mins does it include the 120 km journey ?

Is this down to many expats signing a petition sadly if you want to live and make your home in Thailand you have to keep a very low profile , complaining goes in one ear and out the other and can end up with your next visa application being rejected we have to remember we guests .

17 hours ago, gunderhill said:

so you had to report in  London did you?

In London they don’t call it a TM30 , it’s a UB40 and you report every 2 Weeks or get a friend to do it for you , whilst you live the high life in Thailand....????????????

1 minute ago, a3tsw said:

In London they don’t call it a TM30 , it’s a UB40 and you report every 2 Weeks or get a friend to do it for you , whilst you live the high life in Thailand....????????????

Jesus mate, where have you been for the last few decades? UB40 forms went out with faxes and unshaven groins.

17 hours ago, Tayaout said:

I can understand you do enjoy visiting immigration but for me that's 1.5h drive. Not that it affect me since the online system works fine for me. However it doesn't seems so straight forward for everyone. 

IIRC you can turn the TM30 in at local police station, it's not limited to immigration offices only. has that changed?

I don't get why the landlords would shy off from renting to Falangs, they just need to do the form once, at the start of the rental. get some limited power of attorney forms for them to sign and you can turn the landlords papers in for them, they don't even have to go in.

2 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Is this down to many expats signing a petition sadly if you want to live and make your home in Thailand you have to keep a very low profile , complaining goes in one ear and out the other and can end up with your next visa application being rejected we have to remember we guests .

Kissing the backside of a bully does not make it less likely that they will stop bullying you. On the contrary, it empowers them.

thailand immigration has cxome to crazy, all have today only big idiot in immigration boss, alltime make idiot more system and waste vonly normal human time and money wery stupid and idiotism system build alltime more shit and wrong. idot is idiot better ALL immigration shut and end, normal human countrys anywere around at world no have same big idiot systems. all immigration big boss need shoot to pigfarm.

5 minutes ago, a3tsw said:

fortunately  they  dont  hand  it  out  for  years  on  end  like  they used  to

Just now, finnishmen said:

thailand immigration has cxome to crazy, all have today only big idiot in immigration boss, alltime make idiot more system and waste vonly normal human time and money wery stupid and idiotism system build alltime more shit and wrong. idot is idiot better ALL immigration shut and end, normal human countrys anywere around at world no have same big idiot systems. all immigration big boss need shoot to pigfarm.

Makes almost no sense but  the gist is  clear.????

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I know I was sent to get caned  for saying "Jesus Christ" in a music class as the teacher was very religious this was in a public schooling Australia.I was a child who was going to be beaten by an adult with a stick for saying something only they didn't hit me with the stick because they were put off doing so when I said "if you hit me we are going to court".

Also indoctrination doesn't only include not discussing certain subject but only providing certain information and omitting certain info e.g. some people from the west don't think they have been brainwashed or indoctrinated.  

Sorry, but that is a very weak argument. Even if true, it is nowhere near to the extent of the indoctrination that goes on in Thai schools. No comparison whatsoever. Your exclamation could be construed as swearing. It is not a "subject". You cannot challenge a teacher here over whether the facts they are teaching are wrong. Whereas, in the West, the teacher would probably be grateful for being corrected. Questions here are discouraged. Teaching by rote is not teaching and exams are just a test of memory.

18 minutes ago, emecompanie2015 said:

A very big contrast to Spain, where my English sister is allowed to vote in local elections as she lives there and the laws therefore affect her. In Thailand, it is 'it's our country and although you might support a family and bring money into the country, you have no rights at all'.

24 minutes ago, StefanBBK said:

Happy you took only 8 minutes. Wife and I went to Chaeng Wattana on July 30th and it took the whole bloody Day. We had queue # 274... 

Decided we rather pay the B800 penalty once a year than doing this 20plus times a year whenever I come back into Thailand again. BTW the helpful officer confirmed to us that for Bangkok online does not work well....

Same here. I work Monday - Friday in Bangkok and I'm not going to be able to take Monday off to go to CW every time I want to go away for the weekend which is at least twice a month. If the online system is unreliable then you can try and comply with the rule and still get fined.

I have a feeling this will quietly go away once a new story appears. Thai people will never admit they are wrong, especially to a foreigner so I think this will be like the ban for riding in the back of pickup trucks, a hot topic for a week and then never enforced. I suspect they are looking for a ladder to climb down already. If I am wrong and they are silly enough to continue with this stupid rule, I'd rather pay the fine.

17 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I can't understand why they are so paranoid about national security? What's the problem? What is the true purpose of the TM30?

None of us are interested in taking over the country. Someone should tell them we only came here for the pussy.

I was very tempted to tell them that,when pulled over in the car at a road check leaving my province,Q "what you do in thailand". A, "nothing" this question was repeated a few times and my answer remained the same,cop had no idea what nothing meant.I'm still laughing days later.

Archived