BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand tightens the screws on TM30 reporting, petition ongoing

I sure bet Elite visa  holders  appreciate the new TM30 reporting issues especially when leaving the province, must feel so "elite"

• Like 1

there are 35,000,000 tourists a year in Thailand so that’s around 100,000 TM30’s filed every day. If some of those tourists stay in multiple hotels then that number goes up pretty fast . How many people are employed just doing TM30 reports .
The way that some of the Thais that I know work in a government office, there must be 20,000 employed to do TM30.

One to turn on the computer, one to type in the data, another one to check, another to supervise the controller and one to answer any questions.
After doing that for 2 TM30s time for a 45 minute chat on Line or Facebook and a few snacks.

I am not exaggerating too much, having watched some of the staff work.

I believe, however that the staff at immigration really have their hands full over the TM30 saga.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

I can  look at and  read any document in my own country, i can stand up and criticise the govt or monarchy publicly without fear of incarceration.

Agreed. But he is correct in so far as the education system in any country promotes the established order.

• Like 1

Why don’t you just report to your local police instead?
You cannot report to the police in Bangkok. I tried. They said must go to Chaeng Wattana.

Police reports are only done in provinces with no immigration

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

IMHO the bigger hassle has been the embassies that have stopped issuing the "income letters" and the resultant inconvenience that has caused. 

18 minutes ago, baboon said:

Agreed. But he is correct in so far as the education system in any country promotes the established order.

of  course they do  but leave you the freedom to disagree publicly.

• Like 2

The good news is the immigration officers in BKK got back their senses in giving Barrow his 1 year extension...... 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, taninthai said:

So you do that do you 3 times a week leave and return?

Some people have a life 

16 hours ago, gunderhill said:

I did answer your question try to "slow  down a little"

He left London to slow down

7 minutes ago, Globe Trotter said:

such a narrow minded and selfish comment. What about people who need to travel multiple times per week on a regular basis? Don't worry, there will be a new rule sooner or later that will come into play, that will totally mess your life up. There seems to be a new one every month, your time will come too 

Read Thaivisa in more depth and you will be astonished by the number of people who actually seem to get off on justifying their existence every five minutes. Maybe it is a uniform fetish / latent fascism / gratitude they actually have something to do for a change, but there are a lot of them out there...