Knife-wielding man goes on Sydney rampage, one woman dead

snoop1130

7 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

What the hell you talking about ?

The woman he murdered in her apartment was a sex worker. He then went out onto the streets and stabbed an Asian woman, then stood on top of a car yelling for police to shoot him. Sadly yet another nutcase causing pain and grief. Upon completion of investigations, security forces will hopefully be able to advise if primarily mental health matter or motivated by political ideology. 

10 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

According to the bbc report, three guys from Manchester were instrumental in tackling him. 

Could well be, Australia is a multicultural country, they could be Ozzie Citizens, or Poms, but I did hear an Irish bloke saying his brother was one of the blokes who took him down.

Regardless, a job well done by the lads, Ozzie's, Irish, Poms, whoever ????

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

Could well be, Australia is a multicultural country, they could be Ozzie Citizens, or Poms, but I did hear an Irish bloke saying his brother was one of the blokes who took him down.

Regardless, a job well done by the lads, Ozzie's, Irish, Poms, whoever ????

Here’s the BBC report. It does mention the brothers, who do have a surname common in Eire, but says they are from Manchester. 

Sydney incident: Man arrested over stabbings in city centre https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-49327241

could be a mistake on their part. 

13 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Today’s shocking events in Sydney could’ve been far worse if this was America

If it had been some US city and not Sydney, and a man with an assault rifle and not a knife, we’d be having a different conversation right now.

Not necessarily. The young man is said to be a mental health patient and, according to bystanders, mispronounced the name of the diety he invoked during the attack.

Doesn't sound like your average jihadi. Best wait for the results of the police investigation before jumping to any conclusions.

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Here’s the BBC report. It does mention the brothers, who do have a surname common in Eire, but says they are from Manchester. 

Lot of Irish in UK... 

The 2001 UK census was the first which allowed British citizens to identify an Irish ethnicity. In all previous British censuses, figures for the Irish community were based on Irish birthplace. The percentage claiming White Irish descent in England and Wales was 1.2 per cent, with the highest concentration found in the London Borough of Brent, where they made up 6.9 per cent of the population, while the figure for Scotland was 0.98 per cent. The Irish have been the largest source of immigrants to Britain for over 200 years and as many as six million people in the UK are estimated to have at least one Irish grandparent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_migration_to_Great_Britain

Reported the guy's used chairs to corner the assailant, though the sensible thing to do is run always nice to think what one could use, for me I have a dry powder fire extinguisher to hand in the van.

35 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Lot of Irish in UK... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_migration_to_Great_Britain

Reported the guy's used chairs to corner the assailant, though the sensible thing to do is run always nice to think what one could use, for me I have a dry powder fire extinguisher to hand in the van.

Believe me, I know there’s a lot of Irish in the uk...????

9 hours ago, katana said:

<snip>

Video of the attacker in the back of the police van shouting "Allahu Akbar...God is the greatest...Alah is the only God...he will protect me".

A known mentally ill man with a proven interest in white supremacy shouting in the back of a police van.

Evidence of what, exactly?

That he's mentally ill? That is already known.

That he is a convert to Islam? Possibly.

That he is an Islamist terrorist? Maybe, but given his known interest in white supremacists he could equally be looking to cause unrest and spread hate between non Muslims and Muslims.

Most likely to be neither, though. But I prefer to wait for real evidence from the police.

Here's what his sister has to say

She also said she thought Ney "was using religion as an excuse" for the alleged attack.

"I'm not Islamic, my mum's not Islamic, my sister isn't Islamic, my dad's straight-up atheist," she said.

"We've got nothing to do with Islam at all."

On 8/13/2019 at 6:08 PM, TopDeadSenter said:

He was also heard yelling "Allahu Akbar" at an intersection as passersby tried to apprehend him.

https://7news.com.au/news/crime/police-operation-underway-in-sydney-cbd-as-man-with-knife-taken-into-custody-c-397208

No comment, other than to sigh in disbelief. Denial will not solve anything.

failure to speak out about Islam will be a  really  big  problem later if  not already.

Archived