Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Or perhaps it has already closed.

Have you noticed more staff than customers lately?

Is your favorite bar or restaurant struggling?

Can they hold out until high season?  Will there even be a high season? 

Have you spoken to the boss?  If so, what did he say?

No, my local's doing just fine, thanks.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ron jeremy said:

Most bars have more staff than customers, gogos probably 5-1.

had a businessman sit beside me this winter in a gogo in pattaya, he commented on how can these bars stay open, no customers in most, but they still remain open. I mentioned they are washing machines, he agreed. But buying a bar and living the dream has turned into a Stephen King movie for most.

I was thinking more along the lines of legitimate bars and restaurants, most likely bars and restaurant that offer good food and sport on TV, or other entertainment, not sex.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Seriously guys, is there no concern for the establishments you frequent?

I know I have seen a few of my favorite places really struggling, to the point I would not be surprised to see their doors closed soon.

A few of these are well established and nice places, that did have regular, and repeat clientele.

Good food.  Pleasant staff.  Nice environment. Cold beer.  All the sport on.  I will miss them, if / when they close. 

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Maybe she has plans to resign.  There's always someone with a better fridge.   ????

True. They will be needing a bigger house to put it in too and be willing to chauffeur the MIL around looking for meds and trips to the hospital.

24 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I was thinking more along the lines of legitimate bars and restaurants, most likely bars and restaurant that offer good food and sport on TV, or other entertainment, not sex.

I was also talking about these same establishments. 

• Like 1

I just came back from 3 weeks in Thailand.  The Domicile Austrian restaurant has closed on second road in Pattaya and a smaller version of itself is next to it.  The Thai fellow that spoke German now works at the Brauhaus next door.  The wiener schnitzel at the Domicile used be great with fried potatoes and salat.  Things change.

PapaGayos was literally empty at all hours.  That place used to rock and be a great place for late night stop ins

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

I just came back from 3 weeks in Thailand.  The Domicile Austrian restaurant has closed on second road in Pattaya and a smaller version of itself is next to it.  The Thai fellow that spoke German now works at the Brauhaus next door.  The wiener schnitzel at the Domicile used be great with fried potatoes and salat.  Things change.

PapaGayos was literally empty at all hours.  That place used to rock and be a great place for late night stop ins

Thanks for your example.

Not that I went there much, but there was a thread about The Pig and Whistle, also.

Will we be seeing more closures in the near future?

8 minutes ago, champers said:

The bar/restaurant that I like has just added an extra dining room and replaced the bar. Business is fine from the looks of things. A big Leo is the same price as 2 years ago. How do they manage that?

Good point, and something I have considered.

Basically, do the bigger establishments thrive, whilst smaller struggling establishments close their doors, and sooner or later, we are all frequenting just a handful of establishments?  A mini globalization, if you will.

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

Thanks for your example.

Not that I went there much, but there was a thread about The Pig and Whistle, also.

Will we be seeing more closures in the near future?

The Pig and Whistle in Jomtien is going strong, same menu as Soi 7. Went this evening for a very nice liver, bacon and onions with 3 veg and roast taters. Lovely.

• Like 1