Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

2 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

No chance.

Way back, you might start the night elsewhere, but you always ended up in South Pattaya/Walking Street.

The only time I can think when Soi PO was popular was when the daytime GoGo's were doing good trade.

EtfL7nMXMAMpzCV?format=jpg&name=large

Those were the days - an afternoon in Far East Rock, Nevada, Las Vegas - then pop up the road to TQ....and all before dinner! ????

• Like 1

Just now, TaaSaparot said:

What happened?

Bar and gogo owners gravitated to an area that offered cheaper rents, that made their businesses viable, and offering F & B at a price point that the market was willing to pay, due to their lower rents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

Bar and gogo owners gravitated to an area that offered cheaper rents, that made their businesses viable, and offering F & B at a price point that the market was willing to pay, due to their lower rents.

Gravitated?

LK Metro was built, and businesses were set up, some successful, some not.

There was no one gravitating.

7 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

No chance.

Way back, you might start the night elsewhere, but you always ended up in South Pattaya/Walking Street.

The only time I can think when Soi PO was popular was when the daytime GoGo's were doing good trade.

EtfL7nMXMAMpzCV?format=jpg&name=large

Interesting, I think I got that from Facebook, might of been The Pattaya News guy AJ saying that during a live video walk around the area

Edited by scubascuba3

7 hours ago, VBF said:

Those were the days - an afternoon in Far East Rock, Nevada, Las Vegas - then pop up the road to TQ....and all before dinner! ????

I used to chase the Happy Hours which I started in Tims, then Las Vegas (which became Nevada) etc 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I used to chase the Happy Hours which I started in Tims, then Las Vegas (which became Nevada) etc 

Aah Tim's when they/she had the live music outside at the front. Remember it well, those were the days. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Interesting, I think I got that from Facebook, might of been The Pattaya News guy AJ saying that during a live video walk around the area

Yes, I notice he is the latest newbie who is trying to re-write Pattaya history.

I have no idea what Soi Post Office was like pre-1988, but it showed no signs that it had been a main nightlife area of Pattaya then.

And surely there would be photographic evidence, like there is of South Pattaya, if this was the case?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Leaver said:

Yeah, I'm sure.  That's the area.

The map clearly shows that Choyapoom (p) is the only street which fits your description of:

"off Soi Baukhao, between Soi Diana and Tree Town, towards 3rd Road".  You were wrong again, so please don't try to wriggle out by changing the goalposts to suit your case.

The lack of the regular Scandanavian snowbirds has claimed a big victim,  the shuttered Three Roses Bar at the entrance to Jomtien Complex now has a big For Sale sign up. Historically one of the busiest bars in high season in that area.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Gravitated?

LK Metro was built, and businesses were set up, some successful, some not.

There was no one gravitating.

So, buildings went up around the LK Metro / Soi Baukhao area and the customers showed up immediately.  I don't think so.

It took a while for the area to become known to tourists, thus, customers "gravitated" to the area.

How many repeat 2 week holiday guys do you know that don't even visit Walking Street one time when here on holiday?  I know several.   

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, treetops said:

The map clearly shows that Choyapoom (p) is the only street which fits your description of:

"off Soi Baukhao, between Soi Diana and Tree Town, towards 3rd Road".  You were wrong again, so please don't try to wriggle out by changing the goalposts to suit your case.

Lengkee????

10 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Some real dreamers on there.

With no customers businesses are worth 0.

Worth less than 0, as bills have to be paid, mainly rent, so it's a liability.  

Last year, a bar on Soi 7 struggled to be given away for free.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, polpott said:

Xzite?

Some years from now, the LK Metro / Soi Baukhao area will see rents rise to Walking Street levels,  with establishments passing on the costs to customers, so 150 to 180 baht beers. 

Then, the merry-go-round starts again.  Pick a Soi, any soi.  Perhaps Soi Bongkot.  Wherever the next enclave is, that's where those who have no interest in tourists trap prices will go.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, polpott said:

Soi Xzite is upcoming. Large development running the full length of one side of it. Must have 30 stand alone units, not sure what they're going to be yet but could be the new Tree Town. owned by the same guy who owns the Night Bazar and half of Soi MIT which I believe he also has impending plans for.

Remember Duck Square.

City Hall has long expressed a desire to move all adult entertainment to the East of 2nd Road, with Sois 7 & 8 now at end of days

Prove it.

Pattaya isn't dying, its just moving!

Actually the trend at the moment is businesses moving back towards the beach.

9 hours ago, polpott said:

Pattaya isn't dying, its just moving!

At the moment. it's just dying

Reading your post i presume you are not actually on the ground

the development near soi Xzyte (On the big land where was the famous Xzyte disco)

is now finished and it was supposed to be a big food land with small restaurants

in each of the small stalls.

The clientele target was obviously the chinese, drived here by buses

(With probably some nice traffic jams on 3 road).

The project was launched before covid. Of course all is on full stop now.

Moving the adult scene from beach road\second road to soi bukkaho\3 road is 

not a city hall project, it's because the owners of the lands prefer to sell\rent to a condo

or a shopping mall developper for hundred of millions of tbh rather than the few thousands

of bahts they can have with the rent from a girlie beer bar 

Soi 6 it relatively safe at the moment because as the CEO of Nightwish group said

he has 20 bars in this street with 20 differents owners, so if someone wanted to buy

a land here he has to deal with dozens of differents Thai owners, an impossible task.

The Avenue have never been and will never be succesful, whatever you put inside it.

The location is the main problem.

i wouldn't be surprised if in the far future the area become an hotel or a condo

maybe keeping only the name ''The Avenue'' 

soi Bongkot 8 has only few gentlemen clubs (5 if iirc)

one is definitively closed (Carre blanc), one other is for sale since ages (Club 4)

and the 3 others (007, Pirates and Badabing) are actually triying to survive

afaik Nightwish group was never involved in this area for obvious reasons

the place is really too far for what is mostly the Pattaya's customer, walking on foot or using bathbus

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

Bryan Flowers of the Nightwish group recently uploaded a video on Youtube discussing the recent purchase of Pook Plaza by the Insomnia group for the purposes of turning it into a nightclub. He also admitted his own scouting interests of vacant establishments in the soi bukhao/LK metro area . One was the Climax bar which is rumored to be bought by the Rock Factory group. So there seems to be some wheeling dealing going on to what effect who knows.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jwdub said:

Bryan Flowers of the Nightwish group recently uploaded a video on Youtube discussing the recent purchase of Pook Plaza by the Insomnia group for the purposes of turning it into a nightclub. He also admitted his own scouting interests of vacant establishments in the soi bukhao/LK metro area . One was the Climax bar which is rumored to be bought by the Rock Factory group. So there seems to be some wheeling dealing going on to what effect who knows.

yeahh he has also done recently few videos about how to do a successfull business in Pattaya lol

it's funny enough when you know the old and wise adage for all decent nvestissor about the eggs and the basket

He has put all his eggs in 1 model of seedy girlies bar in 1 street of 1 city in 1 country

you could not make worse  in terms of spreading the risks

The problem is he is now broke, he has no more money to invest (Even if he realises now he could be a good idea to start to diversify his activities, gym, restaurant, real estate and so on. a little bit late on this one unfortunately for him) so he can only talk, talk and talk again. 

At the moment he is at minima in total deny about the reality and he is talking as if all his business and Pattaya will be back at work as usual in few months maximum, when all the signs show it could take years before to start to recover, if ever

The future will show if this guy was a fool or a genius

i have my own opinion, but of course i could be wrong

Edited by kingofthemountain

8 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

At the moment. it's just dying

Reading your post i presume you are not actually on the ground

the development near soi Xzyte (On the big land where was the famous Xzyte disco)

is now finished and it was supposed to be a big food land with small restaurants

in each of the small stalls.

The clientele target was obviously the chinese, drived here by buses

(With probably some nice traffic jams on 3 road).

The project was launched before covid. Of course all is on full stop now.

Moving the adult scene from beach road\second road to soi bukkaho\3 road is 

not a city hall project, it's because the owners of the lands prefer to sell\rent to a condo

or a shopping mall developper for hundred of millions of tbh rather than the few thousands

of bahts they can have with the rent from a girlie beer bar 

Soi 6 it relatively safe at the moment because as the CEO of Nightwish group said

he has 20 bars in this street with 20 differents owners, so if someone wanted to buy

a land here he has to deal with dozens of differents Thai owners, an impossible task.

The Avenue have never been and will never be succesful, whatever you put inside it.

The location is the main problem.

i wouldn't be surprised if in the far future the area become an hotel or a condo

maybe keeping only the name ''The Avenue'' 

soi Bongkot 8 has only few gentlemen clubs (5 if iirc)

one is definitively closed (Carre blanc), one other is for sale since ages (Club 4)

and the 3 others (007, Pirates and Badabing) are actually triying to survive

afaik Nightwish group was never involved in this area for obvious reasons

the place is really too far for what is mostly the Pattaya's customer, walking on foot or using bathbus

I am on the ground and regularly visit Soi Xzite to eat at Bake 'n Brew. haven't been since just before the lockdown but the large project down the Soi was nowhere finished last time I visited and it was impossible to discern what the future use of any of the units was.

The Avenue has never really been successful but there's nothing to say it won't be in the future, great location. 

Nightwish owned 2 bars on Soi Bongkot 8, J Club and one other.