Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

1 minute ago, redwood1 said:

Retox is/was a Pattaya Institution.....I hope they can make it......

There have been several Retox offers in Pattaya. Only Retox Soi Honey remains. Its not that old, 5 years? last time I visited the food was a shadow of its early days and my hands were sticking to the tables. Needs new ownership and a revamp.

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Retox is/was a Pattaya Institution.....I hope they can make it......

I have had my fair share of 99 baht breakfasts supporting them....

I agree.  Any sport, from anywhere, at anytime, they will put it on for you, and the staff are great.  I've had my fair share of pints in there supporting them also.  I hope they keep operating, or it's bought by someone who will keep it as Retox.     

Edited by Leaver

2 hours ago, polpott said:

There have been several Retox offers in Pattaya. Only Retox Soi Honey remains. Its not that old, 5 years? last time I visited the food was a shadow of its early days and my hands were sticking to the tables. Needs new ownership and a revamp.

I think you were unlucky PP, I am there generally a couple of times a week and never aware of any problems with food or hygiene. Just the opposite in fact. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rott said:

I think you were unlucky PP, I am there generally a couple of times a week and never aware of any problems with food or hygiene. Just the opposite in fact. 

He does have a point about the sticky tables.  They need to wipe them down with a grease cutting agent, not just a water wipe.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rott said:

When it first opened the food was amazing, you couldn't keep me out of there. Quite quickly they lost the original chef and the food wasn't the same, even the menu changed, I don't think it has since. last time I was in there, just before Covid, they looked old and dirty. They have lost other chefs since, each one dropping standards a bit more. I'm not saying the food is bad but not what it was, there are better places to eat now. Hygiene standards had definitely dropped at the beginning of last year.

Edited by polpott

12 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

That should now convince the naysayers.

Several accounts from members they have never seen Chinese tour groups in the area, you seem to be the only one.  Perhaps you one too many that night.  ????

19 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Several accounts from members they have never seen Chinese tour groups in the area, you seem to be the only one.  Perhaps you one too many that night.  ????

That night?.... it was happening early evening most night up to the coronavirus outbreak.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

That night?.... it was happening early evening most night up to the coronavirus outbreak.

I was a regular at  Billabong pre covid, because I like the band, and I never saw any Chinese tour groups.  Admittedly,  I would be there mid evening, not early evening.  What time did you see them?   

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Walking St, LK Metro, Soi 6... when they all look the same it has been a good day.

Getting back on topic.

Not sure how the advertisement looking for an investor / partner for opening a second restaurant goes with:

"It's time for us to get out of here.... make an offer and clean up when the tourists start coming back!"

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/pattaya-s-number-1-farang-restaurant-is-for-sale--387708

8 minutes ago, nausea said:

On my last trip to Pattaya, 15th to 18th of February, it was pretty open, the death of Pattaya has been very much overstated methinks.

The thread was never about the death of Pattaya, just the death of favoured restaurants and bars here.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

Getting back on topic.

Not sure how the advertisement looking for an investor / partner for opening a second restaurant goes with:

"It's time for us to get out of here.... make an offer and clean up when the tourists start coming back!"

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/pattaya-s-number-1-farang-restaurant-is-for-sale--387708

And that was 17/07/2020.....still not sold?

14 hours ago, Leaver said:

I think the ad may have been bumped from 17/07/2020 to a few days ago with that enticement I quoted.  

Wasn't that long ago he was advertising for a partner for HH #2, now he wants to get out of here. To be honest I haven't been in there for a month or so now.... any recent changes, improvements or detractions?

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Wasn't that long ago he was advertising for a partner for HH #2, now he wants to get out of here. To be honest I haven't been in there for a month or so now.... any recent changes, improvements or detractions?

Same as usual, busy, 99 baht specials all day every day

On 2/27/2021 at 1:30 AM, Leaver said:

Getting back on topic.

I went in here for breakfast one morning. The staff were so overworked/disorganized I sat there for about 5 minutes at an outside table without getting a menu.

I got up and left. Yes, I had showered that morning.

1 hour ago, DerbyDan said:

I went in here for breakfast one morning. The staff were so overworked/disorganized I sat there for about 5 minutes at an outside table without getting a menu.

I got up and left. Yes, I had showered that morning.

Very unusual that, there is always one girl outside when I go and I've been 100+ times 

34 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Very unusual that, there is always one girl outside when I go and I've been 100+ times 

But I can just imagine, if she went for a toilet break, nobody would watch her station meanwhile. Inside, I have had a waitress with menus within minutes every visit.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

But I can just imagine, if she went for a toilet break, nobody would watch her station meanwhile. Inside, I have had a waitress with menus within minutes every visit.

They are actually very strict, as soon as front bird takes your order out back, new bird goes outside then usually they swap back. There must be exceptions but that's what I witness every time I go

• Like 1

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

They are actually very strict, as soon as front bird takes your order out back, new bird goes outside then usually they swap back. There must be exceptions but that's what I witness every time I go.

It was an exception, no big deal.

Edited by DerbyDan

1 hour ago, DerbyDan said:

It was an exception, no big deal.

I found the drinks arrangement a bit strange. I asked for coke and she offered free flow. I went to refill and she told me off. There was a sign over by the door, nowhere near the machine, saying no self service. It wasn't that bad but left a sour taste. Find Cheap Charlie's friendly and cheaper.

On 2/27/2021 at 4:30 PM, Leaver said:

Getting back on topic.

Before you buy it is perhaps a good idea to talk to the new owner of the Chunky Monkey. The Hungry Hippo owner sold this because of health reasons just to open a copy of the Chunky Monkey not far away. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

I found the drinks arrangement a bit strange. I asked for coke and she offered free flow. I went to refill and she told me off. There was a sign over by the door, nowhere near the machine, saying no self service. It wasn't that bad but left a sour taste. Find Cheap Charlie's friendly and cheaper.

I liked Cheap Charlie's best out of all these discount foreigner type places. Main reason was that the place had open air flow to the outside rather then being enclosed. I also liked the ceiling fans.

I don't like eating inside much, does not feel healthy to me.

There is always something slightly weird at these discount foreigner meal places, but that's was seemed kind of funny and entertaining about them. I liked seeing how they cooked foreign food and where it came up short was funny at times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

It's not serve yourself like KFCs, wouldn't even cross my mind to go up and serve yourself, I guess it's what you're used to

• Like 1