Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

On 3/1/2021 at 5:37 AM, jacko45k said:

Wasn't that long ago he was advertising for a partner for HH #2, now he wants to get out of here. To be honest I haven't been in there for a month or so now.... any recent changes, improvements or detractions?

Down to 5 million now.

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/pattaya-s-number-1-farang-restaurant-is-for-sale--387708

On 3/6/2021 at 3:58 AM, DerbyDan said:

If it's turn key I wonder what the net profit is a month?

I suppose one would need to go in and examine the books. Would not hurt to put it in the ad though.

His business model is to make money on the redevelopment of a building into a restaurant, and then to sell it.  

On 3/12/2021 at 7:44 AM, Rimmer said:

An off topic post has been removed:

Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

For the moment not too many closures of bars and restos. 

But the small seven between Hooters and Soi Yamato has gone. Don't know when, I'm sure it was there a week or so ago. 

1 hour ago, rott said:

For the moment not too many closures of bars and restos. 

But the small seven between Hooters and Soi Yamato has gone. Don't know when, I'm sure it was there a week or so ago. 

Future closures will happen as leases become due for renewal, with perhaps a current tenant either unable, or unwilling, to continue. 

Also, Thailand's vaccination rate will play a part in the the decision to continue, or close, as the vaccination rate will determine when Thailand can / will open the boarders.   

29 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Also, Thailand's vaccination rate will play a part in the the decision to continue, or close, as the vaccination rate will determine when Thailand can / will open the boarders.   

Yes Thailands very poor vaccination rate will hold back the economy as they won't let tourists back as before, but for those of us here it doesn't really matter, just a shame for those needing jobs

Edited by scubascuba3

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes Thailands very poor vaccination rate will hold back the economy as they won't let tourists back as before, but for those of us here it doesn't really matter, just a shame for those needing jobs

It may matter to some who see their favourite bar / restaurant close, for good.

It may matter to many when they can't get a meal. from whatever country they are from, here. 

Being back home for close to 2 years  now I was starting to miss Thailand over the winter . Now springs kicking in I’m not missing the place one bit ! I have just travelled locally a lot more and been skiing and now hiking and mountain biking , in beautiful surroundings . Thailand was losing its shine for me anyway and only went back because of the wife’s family . Even my sons have been happy to spend this winter at home .  Being a family of 4 we have saved quite a lot of money not going to Thailand which we have spent on other family activities without the ball ache of a 24 hour flight . Covid has opened my eyes to the waste of time and energy and money Thailand has become for us . 

2 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Being back home for close to 2 years  now I was starting to miss Thailand over the winter . Now springs kicking in I’m not missing the place one bit ! I have just travelled locally a lot more and been skiing and now hiking and mountain biking , in beautiful surroundings . Thailand was losing its shine for me anyway and only went back because of the wife’s family . Even my sons have been happy to spend this winter at home .  Being a family of 4 we have saved quite a lot of money not going to Thailand which we have spent on other family activities without the ball ache of a 24 hour flight . Covid has opened my eyes to the waste of time and energy and money Thailand has become for us . 

Nobody has a clue where you're from so not easy to comment.  I'm from the UK and Thailand has certainly been the better option for the past year.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, treetops said:

Nobody has a clue where you're from so not easy to comment.  I'm from the UK and Thailand has certainly been the better option for the past year.

I don't know personaly the country but reading some of the comments 

it seems UK is one of the worst place in the world

the weather is probably one of the reasons?

3 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

well, you can create paradise anywhere. the question is how much money can you throw at it. for me, cost is why i goto thailand. if i could afford that same lifestyle in the usa there's no reason to suffer the flight over.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Covid has opened my eyes to the waste of time and energy and money Thailand has become for us . 

But as you mentioned, your wife will have family to visit, and those family members would be very happy to see the kids. I expect when things open up  you will again be bringing the family over to visit. 

7 hours ago, DerbyDan said:

well, you can create paradise anywhere. the question is how much money can you throw at it. for me, cost is why i goto thailand. if i could afford that same lifestyle in the usa there's no reason to suffer the flight over.

Same here as a UK guy. OK, as a youngish, lusty guy maybe the whole girlie thing is the main attraction, but later it's all about cost. Like, my pitiful pension isn't gonna get me very far In the UK, here I can live a comfortable lifestyle. I do miss the NHS though. Politics I don't even think about. Their country, their problem. I'm not so righteous as to even think about advising other guys on how to fix things, if I wanted to do that I'd be back home. What's that old bible saying - 

"Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye;
and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."
  • Like 1