Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

18 hours ago, rott said:

Those that opened in say the last five years, it was rare to see a customer of any race in any of them. 

This would be obvious to people who walked around Pattaya with their eyes open. 

Too true.....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Susco said:

Being encouraged is one thing, having money left to overcome the next 6 months of no revenue, after already a year of virtually no revenue, is a completely different thing

Not to mention expiring leases in the near future.  

Does the current owner buy in again?  When would he hope to turn a profit?  Could there be any profit after so many months of losses within a current lease?  When would there be a profit in the next lease, should he decide to go again?  Who and when will buy his business in the future?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

lol a nice one !

On a more serious note the 7\11 just in front of the night market on soi bukkaho

(Near the r-con residence. opposite the amazon cafe) has just closed his doors this week

obviously they haven't been impressioned by the anouncment of the quarantine reduction

The previous months Soi bukkaho was the ''heart'' of the Pattaya usual trade (booze and girls)

since the ''death'' of beach road, second road and all the perpendiculars streets

With the end of the european winter, a lot of foreigners seem to have fly back home

and so far they haven't been replaced

The next months will be decisives for a lot of the venues, with more difficult decisions to take

23 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

The next months will be decisives for a lot of the venues, with more difficult decisions to take

I agree.

There will be more economic fall out here in 2021 from covid.

More closures can be expected as Thailand's stalled and / or protracted vaccination program is laid bear for all to see, with business owners seeing their current lease becoming worthless, and man not willing to pay again for a renewal.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only 2 bars near me closed due to Covid. They have both reopened in the last couple of weeks. None of my favourite bars closed except during lockdown. The demise of Pattaya bars is greatly exaggerated (load of rollocks actually).

• Like 2

Went along Soi 33 from Naklua Road today and was shocked to see everything on the left hand side completely closed and many of the premises further along emptied as if being readied for demolition. Bars, German restaurants, pharmacies, homes, laundries and massage shops amongst the places gone, many of very long standing.

On the opposite side of the road all appears to be intact including Grottinos.

Does anybody know what is happening on this soi? Is there a new build in the offing (condo, hotel maybe)?

In case Pattaya "re-opens" (at a time unknown).

My "home-turf" used to be Soi Post Office/Soi Yamato. As I gather, the area has suffered massively.
Seems to me that whatever is left of Pattaya's nightlife is concentrated on Soi Buakao.

Question: Assuming Pattaya re-opens someday, would it be advisable to take residence in a Hotel on Buakao instead of PO/Yamato. Maybe to early to tell, I know.

8 minutes ago, swissie said:

My "home-turf" used to be Soi Post Office/Soi Yamato. As I gather, the area has suffered massively.
Seems to me that whatever is left of Pattaya's nightlife is concentrated on Soi Buakao.

Question: Assuming Pattaya re-opens someday, would it be advisable to take residence in a Hotel on Buakao instead of PO/Yamato. Maybe to early to tell, I know.

In my opinion, it's too early to tell.

The economic devastation of covid hasn't fully played out here yet.  

22 minutes ago, Leaver said:

In my opinion, it's too early to tell.

The economic devastation of covid hasn't fully played out here yet.  

Yes, we will have to wait and see. Benchmark: October.

If normal travel should not be possible by then, it would mean that the International-Vaccination-Programs have failed and we will be living in our home-countries in isolated areas, resembling former Leper-Colonies.
Cheers.

28 minutes ago, swissie said:

If normal travel should not be possible by then, it would mean that the International-Vaccination-Programs have failed

No.  It would mean the Thailand vaccination program has failed.  

The Thai government knows what they have to do.  The international community knows what is expected.

It's up to the Thai's now.

This time, there are no Burmese to arrest and falsely imprison and declare all is well in Thailand and tourists will be safe.  This time, they have to actually spend money and do something other than BS press releases and spin.

Otherwise, a percentage of the small percentage of what's actually left open in Pattaya will also close in the near future.  

As more and more establishments close, due to the inaction of the Thai government, the more tourists will not want to come back to Thailand, even when covid has eventually finished.  

3 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

October would be too early then.

Thailand plans to have 60% of the population vaccinated by Q1 2022.

I believe it to be 65% of the Thai population vaccinated, but even at your 60%, and I will be conservative and say the end of Q1 in 2022, not "by" Q1 in 2022.  That's going to be:

70,000,000 x 60% = 42,000,000.

42,000,000 / 12 months (end of Q1 - 2022) = 3,500,00 Thai people vaccinated per month.

3,500,000 / 30 days a month = 116,666 Thai's vaccinated a day, every single day, until the end of Q1 in 2022.  

Do you think they are capable of doing this?  If not, you can expect more closures.  

If the Thai government doesn't start to get serious about a proper vaccination program, even leases on businesses bought or renewed late 2019 will be expiring before Thailand can open their borders.  

2 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Pattaya Mayor believes Pattaya will be 100% vaccinated by October.

What good is vaccinating the population of a province if that province is then not locked down?  

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

What good is vaccinating the population of a province if that province is then not locked down?  

I don't understand your question.

If you had a high vaccination rate you could be more open as the local population would be much less likely to need hospitalization and/or die if infected. But what I think is a global problem is the feeling of so many people to rush back into the old normal throwing away basic mitigation measures like masks. What's the big problem wearing masks in public for another year or two? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, swissie said:

Soi Post Office and 13\1 are still good locations, still bars open, but almost zero beach road girls but after covid it will revert to normal

• Like 1

6 hours ago, champers said:

Went along Soi 33 from Naklua Road today and was shocked to see everything on the left hand side completely closed and many of the premises further along emptied as if being readied for demolition. Bars, German restaurants, pharmacies, homes, laundries and massage shops amongst the places gone, many of very long standing.

On the opposite side of the road all appears to be intact including Grottinos.

Does anybody know what is happening on this soi? Is there a new build in the offing (condo, hotel maybe)?

The problem with Naklua is it has no soul, no wonder it's probably the worst area hit

8 hours ago, polpott said:

Only 2 bars near me closed due to Covid. They have both reopened in the last couple of weeks. None of my favourite bars closed except during lockdown. The demise of Pattaya bars is greatly exaggerated (load of rollocks actually).

It seems more apparent if one walks around Treetown,  New Plaza and even Walking St at night. Is where you live in central Pattaya, or out of town?

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If you had a high vaccination rate you could be more open as the local population would be much less likely to need hospitalization and/or die if infected.

Less likely to become infected by the same degree too. Vaccinated tourist+ vaccinated bargirl=virtually zero chance of infection to either party.

10 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Pattaya Mayor believes Pattaya will be 100% vaccinated by October.

He is talking about the 200 000 officials residents

or about the 400 000 (Probably more)Thai people\workers from neighbours countries (Legals or not)  not registered in the city who will be all back here as soon as the foreign tourists are back ?

12 hours ago, swissie said:

A surprising number of bars still open in Soi Yamato but the usual shortage of customers. 

Soi Post busy and alive daytime but quiet after dark. Except for one customer-free bar where the ladies have shoyte music blasting away till closing time. But two new places have opened recently, hope springs eternal............. 

• Like 1