Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

4 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

rht.jpg.d6a39b40aa831beff51573db54635cc7.jpg

A Thai woman I know and her friend, owns a bar in Naklua, have tested positive for Covid (with symptoms), No public announcements. It appears to be more widespread than the authorities are letting on in Pattaya.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, polpott said:

A Thai woman I know and her friend, owns a bar in Naklua, have tested positive for Covid (with symptoms), No public announcements. It appears to be more widespread than the authorities are letting on in Pattaya.

I have no doubt about that and find it no surprise. 

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

There was a positive case at Kasikorn the Avenue, practically next door

Cetus Club and Fitness Seven Gym, both also in The Avenue, were on the list of places visited by known cases the other day too.

It's more imminent now than its ever been. With current developments and the best case timeframe for the vaccination program, I think we are seeing the potential for a 4th quarter tourist recovery now being delayed until at least Q1 2022. So  another meaningful high season will be lost for bars, restaurants etc.

• Haha 1

On 4/14/2021 at 4:29 AM, polpott said:

I've always believed that to be the case I have heard of cases here in Phuket

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Thais seem to believe it's all over Pattaya now, looks like it's getting out of control unlike previous waves. Strange no extra restrictions yet. With barely any vaccines it's not looking good

People needing to stop panicking and look at whats really going on.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Not much vaccination wise...

About 1,618 people received their first shot of a Covid-19 vaccination and another 388 people received their second shot yesterday, marking a total number of 581,311 vaccinated people in Thailand who have received at least one dose of a vaccine.

Pattaya News

35 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Not much vaccination wise...

About 1,618 people received their first shot of a Covid-19 vaccination and another 388 people received their second shot yesterday, marking a total number of 581,311 vaccinated people in Thailand who have received at least one dose of a vaccine.

Pattaya News

What difference has vaccination made to the countries that have supposedly done it well?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

What's really going on then?

Less girls in town, I reckon they have started heading home. What have you seen around town?

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 2

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

What's really going on then?

Less girls in town, I reckon they have started heading home. What have you seen around town?

The biggest exodus (without return) appeared to have been during the New Year lockdown. Several girls have told me that they will sit out the 2 weeks but if it gets extended, they're off. They're fully aware, probably more than us, of the full extent of Covid in Pattaya now and will be leaving because there will be no prospect of work but also their fear of Covid.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, polpott said:

The biggest exodus (without return) appeared to have been during the New Year lockdown. Several girls have told me that they will sit out the 2 weeks but if it gets extended, they're off. They're fully aware, probably more than us, of the full extent of Covid in Pattaya now and will be leaving because there will be no prospect of work but also their fear of Covid.

They fear covid more then being a sex worker ?

1 minute ago, polpott said:

They don't fear working in bars, many actually enjoy it. They fear Covid.

The old clapped out birds 50/60 year olds maybe but there is not much risk if any to the 20/30/40 year range . They should be far more scared of hiv and aids . 

Just now, chrisandsu said:

Of course because you are completely right ...... it’s a medical fact not hearsay . 

Again you're showing your ignorance, bar girls live by hearsay not medical facts.

I quote: "If a man dresses well and smells nice, he doesn't have diseases". If I had a penny for every time I've heard that one.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, polpott said:

Again you're showing your ignorance, bar girls live by hearsay not medical facts.

I quote: "If a man dresses well and smells nice, he doesn't have diseases". If I had a penny for every time I've heard that one.

2021 translation for ignorance = you have a different opinion then me . And you talk to me like I’m the ignorant one ???? seriously give your head a shake if you think the girls are more at risk of covid then they are of serious stds last year there was 16000 deaths from hiv/aids there was 96 deaths from covid last year and this year in total . . It doesn’t matter what the witch Dr says ! anyway let’s keep it on the subject 

Edited by chrisandsu

2021 translation for ignorance = you have a different opinion then me . And you talk to me like I’m the ignorant one ???? seriously give your head a shake if you think the girls are more at risk of covid then they are of serious stds . It doesn’t matter what the witch Dr says ! anyway let’s keep it on the subject 

You've completely missed my point. Its not about what we know or think, its about what the girls think and I can assure you that they are far more afraid of Covid than STDs.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, polpott said:

You've completely missed my point. Its not about what we know or think, its about what the girls think and I can assure you that they are far more afraid of Covid than STDs.

I think it’s more of a case of no customers . If covid could buy them a house and a car and send a monthly stipend they would be staying put ????

I think it’s more of a case of no customers . If covid could buy them a house and a car and send a monthly stipend they would be staying put ????

Its both as I initially said. They're more worried about catching Covid in a shopping mall or a Thai karaoke. Customers not so much as the few that are left dress well and smell nice. 555

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, polpott said:

Its both as I initially said. They're more worried about catching Covid in a shopping mall or a Thai karaoke. Customers not so much as the few that are left dress well and smell nice. 555

@polpott   Thanks for saving me posting...your last 7 posts have been exactly what I was thinking! ????????

Edited by VBF
  • Thanks 1

Hate to say it, but my original opinion, that by this fall  "things would be back to normal" I can no longer uphold.

Why not? Except for the UK/US, the vaccination efforts in the rest of the world are so dissapointingly slow, that (in the best of cases), some sort of meaningful international Tourism will have to wait until next year. This only, if the Virus isn't mutating into a form of vaccination-resistent form, well understood.

In such a case, the question of "Is the closureof your favourite bar or rstaurant imminent" will be purely academic by 2022. Clearly, the places still open by this time will have been kept alive by "Creative Foreighn/Domestic" financial sources, to which a "Mom and Pop" Bar/Restaurant enterprise will have no access to.

The "newPattaya". Wonder how this will turn out and how much Tourists will like "the new Pattaya". 

• Like 2