Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

2 hours ago, AbeNormal said:

555 I was being funny but it wouldn't surprise me, although there is one already at both ends of LK

but not in LKM. so watch this (or that) space.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most bars have more staff than customers, gogos probably 5-1. had a businessman sit beside me this winter in a gogo in pattaya, he commented on how can these bars stay open, no customers in most,

Great.    Did you notice I started this thread in the Pattaya Forum?

Well Hooters Pattaya was roasted by the expat community in Pattaya from the first day they opened and for years afterwards.......But Hooters just ignored all the zillions of negative expat posts and t

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

Bars like Billabong Bar on LK Metro, for example, no problem at all

Don't they have freelancer girls in there too mixed in with a few staff? Seem to recollect asking one to get me a beer once and she passed the job off. Never know who works where these days.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Leaver said:

Huh?

You can go to a bar alone, or with friends, or with your girlfriend, or arrange to meet the afore mentioned in the bar.  

I never suggested I was arranging meetings in bars on Soi 6, for example.  

Bars like Billabong Bar on LK Metro, for example, no problem at all.  

He doesn't seem to know that us grown ups just go to the liquor store, supermarket,corner shop, and what do you know they all sell beer.who knew.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Just seen that Robin Hood Tavern will now close on a Wednesday and Closing Time will be 11pm. Weekdays, Midnight Weekend.

Yes it did not seem to be doing too well last time I visited. I tried the Sunday dinner, it is not a carvery as it is now plated up in the kitchen. Not too impressed with it, some components were served up tepid. Slowly slowly the screw turns....

I looked into the Avenue food court yesterday and it looks like they gutted a bunch of the remaining restaurant shells.......Someone took a bath on that project.......Even the new stand alone food booths in front of the food court were covered up and closed yesterday......I guess that's it for the whole food court operation including the new food stands in front...

Edited by redwood1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Pattaya Beer Garden has decided to close again, and hopefully re-open in better times.

There is some mixed messages but I believe it will close on the 30th.

I doubt anyone that's been in since it reopened is surprised at this one, quite a big domino to fall nonetheless. 

• Like 1
On 9/22/2020 at 6:30 AM, jacko45k said:

Yes it did not seem to be doing too well last time I visited. I tried the Sunday dinner, it is not a carvery as it is now plated up in the kitchen. Not too impressed with it, some components were served up tepid. Slowly slowly the screw turns....

I used to go when the Sunday lunch was 200 baht, then they increased it to 300. Lost another 2 customers.

I was in a bar on Soi Bukhow last night. A server told me the bar is closing on 26th September, when the visa amnesty ends. He says it may open again next year, if travel opens up, and there are enough tourists.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, nemo38 said:

I was in a bar on Soi Bukhow last night. A server told me the bar is closing on 26th September, when the visa amnesty ends. He says it may open again next year, if travel opens up, and there are enough tourists.

Which bar was that?