Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

This thread is redundant. A relevant and positive  thread would be about business  that are opening or thriving.

You've said that before on this thread, if you think there are enough new openings now to support an ongoing thread. just go ahead and open one, I'd be interested to read it.  

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

This thread is redundant. A relevant and positive  thread would be about business  that are opening or thriving.

Well start the ball rolling then, post positively about businesses that are thriving. 

22 minutes ago, rott said:

Well start the ball rolling then, post positively about businesses that are thriving. 

It needs a whole  new thread. Currently  there are few establishment s in that position but this current thread which might have been valid at one time  just seems  silly when all bars are locked downnor closed.

22 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It needs a whole  new thread. Currently  there are few establishment s in that position but this current thread which might have been valid at one time  just seems  silly when all bars are locked downnor closed.

I don't wish to appear picky or argumentative but are you now saying that a thread about thriving businesses is not viable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rott said:

Who are THEY? 

And where is THERE? 

I have never had Catsup or ketchup or sauce poured on my plate. 

Come on name names please. 

you have never had a hot dog weiner american breakfast in thailand?

your either really lucky or you need to get out more. i don't think the places that served it even had names. mostly guesthouses, or even mid range hotels, or other travelers/tourist type joints.

they bring a wood caddy with catsup and mustard and place it real close to your plate when they serve it, right in front of the meal. not pouring it though. i always need to push the caddy away to the side before i start eating.

i think cheap charlies had weiner, but i'm not positive. have not been there in awhile.

order the "american breakfast" and try to get a place that's not owned by an american who is importing in sausages.

get you sum hot dog for sausage, or some slice of thin sammich ham for bacon. tell 'em to grill it.

Edited by DerbyDan
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, DerbyDan said:

your either really lucky or you need to get out more. i don't think the places that served it even had names. mostly guesthouses, or even mid range hotels, or other travelers/tourist type joints.

they bring a wood caddy with catsup and mustard and place it real close to your plate when they serve it, right in front of the meal. not pouring it though. i always need to push the caddy away to the side before i start eating.

i think cheap charlies had weiner, but i'm not positive. have not been there in awhile.

order the "american breakfast" and try to get a place that's not owned by an american who is importing in sausages.

get you sum hot dog for sausage, or some slice of thin sammich ham for bacon. tell 'em to grill it.

Gotta agree with u on this Dan!

ive seen it more often than not!????

2 hours ago, DerbyDan said:

So not in restaurants in Central Pattaya then? (which is the subject of this thread).

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, polpott said:

So not in restaurants in Central Pattaya then? (which is the subject of this thread).

Is the restaurant in a hotel not a restaurant then? If McD can claim to be, I do not see why not.

9 hours ago, nightfox said:

Their both horrible in my opinion. I don't get places like these frying up their eggs and bacon in sweet margarine ruining the taste. I don't know if its cheaper then cooking oil but having sweet tasting eggs for me is not appetizing.

An eggaggeration for sure 555 my poached eggs are fine

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

An eggaggeration for sure 555 my poached eggs are fine

Well I don't expect they get fried in anything.... wonder if they are using ghee for fried eggs... but I haven't noticed this sweetness the guy mentions. 

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well I don't expect they get fried in anything.... wonder if they are using ghee for fried eggs... but I haven't noticed this sweetness the guy mentions. 

I've not noticed it either plus sometimes have to take with a pinch of salt if someone's a fanboy of Nicky's, I've never been there

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've never been there

Worth a go for 99 baht.....

I would expect it to be more about the eggs themselves and what the chickens get fed on... I have tasted fishiness in some countries, where fish meal is being used. I tend to like salt with my dippy egg so likely I would not notice.

Edited by jacko45k

On 6/27/2021 at 2:10 AM, polpott said:

I have eaten many full English breakfasts both in Pattaya and the UK. Although the breakfasts in Central Pattaya don't measure up to the best of British, most would pass muster in your average British transport caf.

One of the best (but not cheapest) full english I have had lately is in Route 66 under the bridge near Maprachan with as many refills as you like of coffee.

Edit. Used to be a great brekkie in The Butchers Arms but not been in since the new owner

On 6/28/2021 at 1:09 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

This thread isn't about what bars and restaurants, and you can throw in hotels as well, that are closed due to lockdown.   It's about establishments that are permanently closed, never to open again.  

Closures are still happening, with the most notable in recent time being Retox.  Probably Pattaya's most popular sports bar over recent years is finished.  

As time ticks by, and leases and / or key money fall due, you can expect to see more closures. 

Then, it will be interesting when Thai landlords cease their covid discounts on rent, for those tenants lucky to have a discount.  If it's simply when borders open, there will be more closures, as it will take many months, possibly years, for enough mongers / tourists to support those businesses that were able to remain open.  

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 8:19 AM, CharlieH said:

Reported off topic posts removed.

This topic is about CLOSURES NOT OPENINGS.

WHen the time is right, and the situation starts to change, it may be very useful to have a seperate topic to let people know what is OPENING but this is not the topic to do it in.

Some seem to think the time is right, so please follow the mod's instruction so as not to derail threads.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2021 at 6:37 PM, Leaver said:

Laughable.

10m and 140k a month for a business with absolutely no turnover... No chance of a profit for at least 18 months or more. 

Tourism is dead and won't be back to previous levels for years, maybe ever. 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 1:27 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Laughable.

10m and 140k a month for a business with absolutely no turnover... No chance of a profit for at least 18 months or more. 

Tourism is dead and won't be back to previous levels for years, maybe ever. 

Correct.

Great location, but even if it had 5 years left to run on the lease, it would never turn a profit, when including the purchase price.  

In the past, such losing businesses could be "flipped" to dreamers, but not this time.  

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 4:31 PM, redwood1 said:

Jollys on Soi Bukow was completely closed today.....I don't know if its temporary or permanent.... 

Good food in Jolly's.  I like the salmon steak with white sauce they do there.  I hope they survive.