Jump to content

Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most bars have more staff than customers, gogos probably 5-1. had a businessman sit beside me this winter in a gogo in pattaya, he commented on how can these bars stay open, no customers in most,

Great.    Did you notice I started this thread in the Pattaya Forum?

Well Hooters Pattaya was roasted by the expat community in Pattaya from the first day they opened and for years afterwards.......But Hooters just ignored all the zillions of negative expat posts and t

Posted Images

1 minute ago, polpott said:

Soi Siam.

thanks. missed that. short lived? was something before? i was more khao noi/ khao talo on the darkside, darker side was nernplubwarn. so siam was birthdays /christmas treats. retox i do not recall, but thanks @polpott

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jastheace said:

thanks. missed that. short lived? was something before? i was more khao noi/ khao talo on the darkside, darker side was nernplubwarn. so siam was birthdays /christmas treats. retox i do not recall, but thanks @polpott

I think it was originally Outback Golf bar. Retox originally set up in a small bar/restaurant on the other side of the road (now quite a good Taco restaurant). Did a deal with the Australian owner of much bigger premises and remodelled it Retox style. Since Retox pulled out nothing has changed, same menu and the Aussie appears to be back in charge.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, polpott said:

 

Next installment, the rise and fall of the mighty Nightwish.

 

 

That's an interesting one, going down Soi 6 I see bars full of girls but no customers, how have they survived this long? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kinyara said:

Any new closures to announce for the benefit of the thousands of tourists overseas sitting on the edge of their seats with anticipation following this thread ? 

Rumours of Hard Rock elsewhere!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not suggesting it's  going to close since they must clearly have seen an opportunity to get a deal on the site for the long term, but has anyone tried out the recently opened Witherspoons on Beach Road. I've driven past numerous times and I've yet to see a single customer in it. 

 

Looks to have a nice open upstairs area view wise which I could imagine being popular when people return but the downstairs main area layout doesn't look very attractive from the outside to me. 

Edited by kinyara
Spelling error
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's an interesting one, going down Soi 6 I see bars full of girls but no customers, how have they survived this long? 

Mug investors who put money in but get nothing back. Even that has dried up now, some bars remain closed, others are bleeding money, the clock is ticking.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, polpott said:

Mug investors who put money in but get nothing back. Even that has dried up now, some bars remain closed, others are bleeding money, the clock is ticking.

28 bars, all with big rent and other overheads to pay, with no profits in the foreseeable future. 

 

Many of those investors are throwing good money after bad, but the sinking ship can't stay afloat forever.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Leaver said:

28 bars, all with big rent and other overheads to pay, with no profits in the foreseeable future. 

 

Many of those investors are throwing good money after bad, but the sinking ship can't stay afloat forever.  

Soi 6 I think can support a few bars now but there are WAY WAY WAY WAY more bars and girls there now than there needs to be for the expat crowd.....Most of those girls are working for nothing.....Maybe a few stunners are doing ok but the rest??

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Leaver said:

28 bars, all with big rent and other overheads to pay, with no profits in the foreseeable future. 

 

Many of those investors are throwing good money after bad, but the sinking ship can't stay afloat forever.  

One of the first cliche investment rules was "never put all your eggs in one basket". Was so surprised that a company would try to buy the whole of soi 6

Edited by aussiexpat
Link to post
Share on other sites

Soi 6 is now one of the most expensive places in town...GoGo and freelance girls are VERY price flexible these days......Soi 6 needs to roll prices back to 1,000 all-in and maybe they would be more busy..... 

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

One of the first cliche investment rules was "never put all your eggs in one basket". Was so surprised that a company would try to buy the whole of soi 6

They have diversified in a number of ways. Bars on Soi Chiapoom, Soi Bongkot and even a restaurant on 3rd Rd. at one time. Problem is most of those diversifications failed miserably.

 

Oh, and lets not forget the online forum they own (although they deny it). Another failing business.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...