Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

14 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Trust me there are still plenty of Indian restaurants still open who I doubt have had more than a tiny few customers in the last 2 years.........  

Oh I believe you...... early in the pandemic I recall often walking on second Rd and passing such a place.... a quite attractive young Indian lady out front, trying to drum up custom for the empty place. I had a sad image of a newly married couple having invested in a business. I have not even been around soi Klang 14 and Klang16 this year, where there were many Indian places. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Oh I believe you...... early in the pandemic I recall often walking on second Rd and passing such a place.... a quite attractive young Indian lady out front, trying to drum up custom for the empty place. I had a sad image of a newly married couple having invested in a business. I have not even been around soi Klang 14 and Klang16 this year, where there were many Indian places. 

The restaurants are a front . The prize is the visa . 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 3:24 AM, topt said:

I will echo @TaaSaparot unless you are suggesting the style is similar :unsure:

Not from the Honey Retox - all that stuff including TVs was still there long after Witherspoons opened - I migrated the golf stuff so I do actually know........

The owner is absolutely nothing to do with the ex Retox - you obviously haven't spoken to him have you........

My understanding is not the hotel but I could be behind the times.......

And I repeat other than employing Dean as the manager nothing to do with Retox. He originally leased/bought the original Witherspoons on the corner of Soi Lengkee.

Ok.  So, is all the furniture, fixtures and fittings still intact at Retox on Soi Honey?  

39 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Ok.  So, is all the furniture, fixtures and fittings still intact at Retox on Soi Honey?  

It was back in August - including the pool table and kitchen upstairs.

What may have happened since then I don't know but somehow doubt it has changed. Go and have a look if that interested. You can see through the back door.

37 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Covid has made this thread both irrelevant and irritating

I disagree.... it has expanded to include closures brought on by Covid, but if that is not already covered by another thread I suggest there is still value in it. As a Pattaya resident I like to know......, no point hiding from this reality. Perhaps some balance by mentioning places that are reopening now.... the 2 Expats Clubs have restarted their meetings, so the venues must have opened up. (Holiday Inn and Amari).

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I disagree.... it has expanded to include closures brought on by Covid, but if that is not already covered by another thread I suggest there is still value in it. As a Pattaya resident I like to know......, no point hiding from this reality. Perhaps some balance by mentioning places that are reopening now.... the 2 Expats Clubs have restarted their meetings, so the venues must have opened up. (Holiday Inn and Amari).

The expat club is hardly a reflection of dynamism. It's a dinosaur collection of irrelevance.

On 11/26/2021 at 5:41 AM, jacko45k said:

I contemplated starting a "New Openings" style thread, and still might, if no other member has done so, but the economic climate is currently not right for such a thread to be started.  

We saw with Beach Road Witherspoons that it closed before it ever really opened.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

As an example of the situation I gave in a previous post, here is a fire sale. 

Price drop of around 75%, yet, location is good, set to be very near the centre of the nightlife once Pattaya opens up properly.  

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/pattaya-guesthouse-restaurant-sensational-discounted-444861

I'm wondering if that's the young Canadian guy who just bought a bar on Pothole and renovated it. There was a couple of YouTube videos on it.

https://youtu.be/vJR89EUnFGk

Edited by scubascuba3

20 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm wondering if that's the young Canadian guy who just bought a bar on Pothole and renovated it. There was a couple of YouTube videos on it.

https://youtu.be/vJR89EUnFGk

Pretty sure it is / was Beza Place on Soi Lengkee.  Seems to have an Israeli connection.  

Edited by Leaver

At the old price how could anyone ever have made a go of it. 4 Mill to buy and 70k rent. If it is Beza I never saw much business there and the rooms were not overpriced. A lot of brave people about buying businesses here. 

And I wish the advertiser would not put an apostrophe in a plural. 

On 11/27/2021 at 7:35 PM, rott said:

At the old price how could anyone ever have made a go of it. 4 Mill to buy and 70k rent. If it is Beza I never saw much business there and the rooms were not overpriced. A lot of brave people about buying businesses here. 

And I wish the advertiser would not put an apostrophe in a plural. 

Exactly.  

Many will be left carrying the can here, after such a long toil through covid.

Even post covid, how are business owners going to explain to their Thai landlords that their property can no longer support the rents demanded pre covid? 

We  have seen already, many would rather have their property sit untenanted, than reduce the rent.  

20 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Sorry mate, I don't have a bar, I meant my usual hangout on the Darkside, my bad.

Your place has to open as a restaurant, so the member said post the menu, as in, the food menu, because it's not opening as a bar.  ????  

Edited by Leaver

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, piston broke said:

Looks like KISS Foods, North Pattaya Road, have thrown in the towel ...

263791283_964138770844117_6859380155824010884_n.jpg

That's a shame. It was always busy pre Covid. Nice new place as well after they moved from what is now T21.

They might pop up again at one of the empty lots nearer the 2 new hotels. 

Edited by champers

On 12/15/2021 at 11:46 AM, piston broke said:

Looks like KISS Foods, North Pattaya Road, have thrown in the towel ...

263791283_964138770844117_6859380155824010884_n.jpg

They still have 2 branches and will just open a new one when tourists are back. It's a lot smarter to quit a location to get a better price at a new one.

• Like 2