Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

On 8/19/2022 at 7:53 PM, Leaver said:

You claim "Pattaya is thriving."  Name a few places that are "thriving."

Hungry Hippo is busy.  ????  Anywhere else? 

Genesis has decent patronage every time I go there(every other saturday).

Edited by Ralf001

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

much better than a year ago, agree?

Of course I agree with your timeline.

I asked the member, thriving compared to where and / or when?  No reply. 

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Buakhao busy, most massage shops open, more WS agogos reopening, certainly something for you to be positive about

For sure, it's definitely opening up.  The ending of the Thailand Pass helped. 

However, in my opinion, it's not back to low season 2019  (pre covid) levels.  I am directly comparing pre covid to now. 

Some members, probably with vested interests here, are misleading readers that Pattaya is back to pre pandemic levels, it's not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

However, in my opinion, it's not back to low season 2019  (pre covid) levels.  I am directly comparing pre covid to now. 

Some members, probably with vested interests here, are misleading readers that Pattaya is back to pre pandemic levels, it's not. 

No not back to pre covid levels, but getting there which we can all be positive about, even you ????

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Well CC in Jomtien is.definetly better than precovid level... agree...? ????

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

much better than a year ago, agree? Buakhao busy, most massage shops open, more WS agogos reopening, certainly something for you to be positive about

Places reopening, and new places (somewhat upmarket) opening or under construction. There is even work going on fixing the Klang pavement, a formerly dead bomb-site. 

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

How are you making the comparison?

Do you have the exact numbers, do you have the business finances?

Your negative perception may be completey different to 'normal' people if it's just based on visual observations.

Although you don't like it coz it's something positive, the main bar areas in Pattaya are generally packed these days, deal with it - lol.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Places reopening, and new places (somewhat upmarket) opening or under construction. There is even work going on fixing the Klang pavement, a formerly dead bomb-site. 

Yes that's good, even walking street surface almost complete, just last 20 metres to go Bali Hai end

On 8/24/2022 at 12:17 PM, PJ71 said:

Although you don't like it coz it's something positive, the main bar areas in Pattaya are generally packed these days, deal with it - lol.

In the main bar areas only half, or even less, of the bars are open.

You think Soi 2, or actually everything past soi 6 second road, wasn't a main bar area.

Soi 8 and soi 7 weren't main bar areas?

Walking street wasn't a main bar area?

Look how many bars and gogo's are still closed in those main areas, then you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure why some bars are packed

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

You think Soi 2, or actually everything past soi 6 second road, wasn't a main bar area.

Look how many bars and gogo's are still closed in those main areas, then you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure why some bars are packed

Soi Bukhow(sp) is considered one of the main bar areas - packed.

The good places - packed.

I can't vouch for walking st, not been for years, nor the lower sois you mention.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

I can't vouch for walking st, not been for years, nor the lower sois you mention.

1 minute ago, PJ71 said:

You don't have to be there to know how they are fairing, it has been posted in this and other threads, you just don't have to skip over posts that don't fancy you.

Soi 7 and 8 empty. More gogos REOPENING in walking street, posted only a few posts above this, so hard to miss.

Very few bars past soi 6 second road have reopened. Atlantic bar, which was a top bar for 15years, is one of the few that has reopened, and it is empty

3 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

You don't have to be there to know how they are fairing, it has been posted in this and other threads, you just don't have to skip over posts that don't fancy you.

Soi 7 and 8 empty. More gogos REOPENING in walking street, posted only a few posts above this, so hard to miss.

Very few bars past soi 6 second road have reopened. Atlantic bar, which was a top bar for 15years, is one of the few that has reopened, and it is empty

How can i give my opinion on places i've not seen first hand?

Having said that, it seems to be the norm for people on here.

I'm not familiar with Altantic bar...

• Like 2

Just now, PJ71 said:

No problem, you have just given evidence that you live in your own world, and because the bar YOU visit is busy, you claim it is all packed

I don't really have a favourite  but  Comfort by Harlan and that closed but its opening  again

But I would  not be sad to see 90% of footie  bars and their electro dirge music closed down. A charity clothes  shop would be more entertaining.  90% of bars here  deserve to close. I can't say the same about pubs back in UK

23 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

You are correct and I assume Atlantic  bar is tourist bar for  English footie types

Soi  7 8 dead mainly

Soi 6 busy

Soi Boomerang  part  budy HA very good

Tree  town difficult  to say

LKM Busy

Now the Thais  have rediscovered Pattaya  is great to sea. The worst  i saw Pattaya  was NYE 2006 packed with  violent euro scum and brits and Russians. Really violent atmosphere. The men, football  fan types had come looking for fights not girls- hopefully they don't come so much any more

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

On Fridays  and Saturdays WS very  busy

There are 7 days in a week, and I recall that not so long you posted here to have been in a very busy bar in WS, that in fact hadn't reopened yet.

So much for your credibility.

If you don't know Atlantic, then you never have been in Pattaya

Atlantic is opposite Big C on second road, and for 15 years was in the top 20 of best bars in Pattaya

Edited by peterfranks

1 hour ago, peterfranks said:

No problem, you have just given evidence that you live in your own world, and because the bar YOU visit is busy, you claim it is all packed

If the certain places i visit are connsidered as 'my own world' then so be it.

No sweat off my sack.

9 hours ago, PJ71 said:

The reality is it is only the Buakhao, LK Metro or Treetown areas that are busy.... that is one area really. Also that is usually weekends.... 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The reality is it is only the Buakhao, LK Metro or Treetown areas that are busy.... that is one area really. Also that is usually weekends.... 

When I eat at Cheap Charlies or Hungry Hippo or goto Tree Town I feel like a tourist. I feel like I need to ask for "mushy peas".

I want to feel more like I am at a neighborhood bar or just a dive bar, not a place that's oriented to mongers or on the map for newbies to pattaya to do vlogs at or these blokes walking around looking for interviews for their youtube channel. ????‍♂️ ???? ????

Edited by JimTripper

23 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

When I eat at Cheap Charlies or Hungry Hippo or goto Tree Town I feel like a tourist. I feel like I need to ask for "mushy peas".

I want to feel more like I am at a neighborhood bar or just a dive bar, not a place that's oriented to mongers or on the map for newbies to pattaya to do vlogs at or these blokes walking around looking for interviews for their youtube channel. ????‍♂️ ???? ????

Plenty good drinking bars around, not necessarily on SB though. 

On 8/25/2022 at 9:34 PM, peterfranks said:

Atlantic is opposite Big C on second road, and for 15 years was in the top 20 of best bars in Pattaya

Out of curiosity which 15 year period was that?

16 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Not sure what your point is. Yes these places are Expat oriented so why you feel like a tourist I do not grasp.