Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Lucky for me, none of the restaurants I frequent here on the Darkside have closed due to Covid. In fact,, it's hard to get a table at some during peak hours and weekends, like Ae & Ek Steakhouse at Maprachan Reservoir. However, a few on the Brightside have closed, like Loaf Bakery, and some are having a rocky time of it, like Smokin' Joe's BBQ, which has consolidated into their sister resto, Steak & Co., next door, and reduced their hours to just serving dinner, from breakfast, lunch, and dinner before.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 2
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most bars have more staff than customers, gogos probably 5-1. had a businessman sit beside me this winter in a gogo in pattaya, he commented on how can these bars stay open, no customers in most,

Great.    Did you notice I started this thread in the Pattaya Forum?

Well Hooters Pattaya was roasted by the expat community in Pattaya from the first day they opened and for years afterwards.......But Hooters just ignored all the zillions of negative expat posts and t

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Lucky for me, none of the restaurants I frequent here on the Darkside have closed due to Covid. In fact,, it's hard to get a table at some during peak hours and weekends, like Ae & Ek Steakhouse at Maprachan Reservoir. However, a few on the Brightside have closed, like Loaf Bakery, and some are having a rocky time of it, like Smokin' Joe's BBQ, which has consolidated into their sister resto, Steak & Co., next door, and reduced their hours to just serving dinner, from breakfast, lunch, and dinner before.

I use Smokin' Joes when in Pattaya and tbh am sad but not surprised it's closed. I would suggest that 90% of the customers were people staying in the surrounding hotels which of course are also suffering from lack of customers. If SJ has consolidated,  hopefully it'll reopen when there are more patrons....

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, VBF said:

I use Smokin' Joes when in Pattaya and tbh am sad but not surprised it's closed. I would suggest that 90% of the customers were people staying in the surrounding hotels which of course are also suffering from lack of customers. If SJ has consolidated,  hopefully it'll reopen when there are more patrons....

Both menus are available at Steak & Co.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Good business sense there - I would love to be in a position to sample one of them!

• Like 1

On Soi 8 the bar next to Sailor Bar appears to be getting demolished. Of course it could turn out to be a refurb. 

Soi 8 in general is a bit sad looking, not what it used to be. 

What's sadder than closure is when a place stays open, raises the AC temp, increases the beer fridge temp, cuts down on fans keeping less lights on. To add to these economy measures the same places stop restocking,  resulting in little or no choice.

• Like 2
On 10/21/2020 at 5:40 PM, rott said:

On Soi 8 the bar next to Sailor Bar appears to be getting demolished. Of course it could turn out to be a refurb. 

Soi 8 in general is a bit sad looking, not what it used to be. 

Its been pretty awful for years 

• Like 1
On 10/21/2020 at 7:23 AM, Pattaya Spotter said:

That's right; had delirious spareribs today, wife had a steak & son had Thai-food and some of my spareribs.

They uses the same kitchen as S.J., everything is 20% off.

Restaurant perhaps 25% full today, I saw 3 Japanese gentlemen there, a couple of single expats, 3 Indian looking ladies (very overweight, ha-ha).

• Like 2
9 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

LOL ... never knew it did that, how sad is that?

jest of course) and the word deleted isn't bracketed, so i thought there was a place by that name.... 'The Burger Deleted'. no wonder i couldn't remember it being there...

i wonder how many new words will fall into the same trap.

Edited by Rimmer
  • Haha 1