Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

9 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

If you cannot see that Pattaya is busy again ( during the quietest time of year ) then i think there's little hope for you.

Busy compared to when?  You refuse to answer this question. 

Your broad comments are just dribble. 

2 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Pre-covid, happy now?

So, you are saying the number of tourists in Pattaya today, being the 29/9/22, is comparable to the number of tourists in Pattaya on the 29/9/19.

Where are the Russians?

Where are the millions of Chinese? 

The numbers are nowhere near low season 2019 numbers. 

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

So, you are saying the number of tourists in Pattaya today, being the 29/9/22, is comparable to the number of tourists in Pattaya on the 29/9/19.

Where are the Russians?

I'd need to go back and check all the notes i took during the day of 29/9/19 to confirm numbers, oh hold on a minute........i'm normal and don't actually do this.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

The Pattaya sub-forum has become the "World according to Leaver" sub-forum. Every thread has multiple posts of his in a row of his constant dribble (I counted 7 in a row in one thread) Time to move on...

The amount of untruths, inaccuracies, and deceptive posts here, particularly by those with obvious financial interests here, needs to be called out.  

I make no apologies for doing so. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

The amount of untruths, inaccuracies, and deceptive posts here, particularly by those with obvious financial interests here, needs to be called out.  

Problem is you automatically think everyone that makes a positive comment about Pattaya must have a finiancial interest here. You're dillusional

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Who's numbers?

Anyway, you're boring me again now - thanks for playing, off you go and look for a balloon on soi 6 to get a free spring roll.

Tara.

One of many articles about it.

Dated August 2022.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thailand-saw-378-million-tourists-jan-mid-aug-govt-2022-08-19/

"Thailand saw 3.78 million tourist arrivals from January to Aug 17, a government official said on Friday."

"Last year, the foreign arrivals plummeted to just 428,000 because of the pandemic, compared with a record of nearly 40 million in 2019, contributing to about 12% of GDP."

So, 40 million tourists in 2019 to 3.78 million tourists so far in 2022 and YOU say tourism is back to pre covid levels.

That is comedy platinum.  ????

3 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Problem is you automatically think everyone that makes a positive comment about Pattaya must have a finiancial interest here. You're dillusional

Not everyone, just the ones constantly talking up the the nightlife here with words such as "thriving" "rammed" "packed" "booming" etc. 

Pattaya is far from that, and even the tourist numbers I have just linked in another post show this. 

Now, there is a looming global economic recession, so that "bounce" back this coming high season may not be a high as many in business owners here would have hoped for, or need.

Getting back on topic, this is why, in my opinion, there will be more closures here in the near future. 

Some members continue to derail the thread, and I have no problem humoring them.  They continue to personally attack me, yet post ZERO links to support their opposing stance. 

As I have posted in the past, all those businesses here for sale, without a buyer, will not continue to remain open.  The point comes where continuing to pay rent exceeds what they may sell the business for, if lucky, so the doors close.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Where are the Russians?

I would say that on my 3 forays into soi Buakhao in September it has been as busy as was in September 2019.

That is MY Pattaya and I am happy that there are still no Chinese.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I would say that on my 3 forays into soi Buakhao in September it has been as busy as was in September 2019.

I daresay those coming this high season will appreciate the lack of Chinese tour buses clogging the place up, like you I prefer Pattaya without that aspect of tourism growth. 

A few years ago the growth of Pattaya tourism was qualified by those unhappy to see the city doing well that it's down to the Chinese and Russians and they are not big spenders, now the numbers are down the absence of those supposedly low spending Chinese and Russians are a disaster for the city. What a u-turn. ????

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I think we've seen during Covid that those with vested interests in the bar industry here have set up their own social media channels communicating quite effectively and directly to their customer base, I've never got the impression that posters on here are anything other than customers.

3 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Your 'forays' mirrors what others ( including myself ) are saying, a certain member just can't accept it due his doom and gloom posts that have not come true.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

The member stated "Pattaya is thriving."  The member admits he has not been to Walking Street, nor Soi 6.  When asked where he has been, it turns out he had been to 2 bars on Soi Baukhao.

Since 2019, most probably due to lower rents, we have seen businesses relocate to the Soi Baukhao area.  Thus, I don't doubt this area is busier than it was in 2019.  A little like Tree Town is more busy than in 2019 because in 2019 Tree Town was basically a patch of dirt.  ???? 

If Soi Baukhao is busy, perhaps busier than 2019, but Walking Street, for example, is dead, is Pattaya "thriving?" 

Walking Street is Pattaya's biggest tourist attraction, yet the member who claimed "Pattaya is thriving" hasn't been there. 

8 hours ago, kinyara said:

I think we've seen during Covid that those with vested interests in the bar industry here have set up their own social media channels communicating quite effectively and directly to their customer base, I've never got the impression that posters on here are anything other than customers.

So, they set up their own social media channels, but are not on forums such as Pattaya Addict and AseanNow, both being very popular for information on Pattaya / Thailand.  

A little naive, kinyara. 

Sometimes it's easy to spot with a thread title:  "Where's the best XYZ in Pattaya?"  It's usually followed by some posts from members with low post counts posting, "ABC on Soi #."  Followed by similar low post count members posting, "I second ABC for the best XYZ." 

We saw during covid how these business owners all got around to each other's businesses promoting them through their own channels, for each other. 

It happens on forums as well. 

5 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Your 'forays' mirrors what others ( including myself ) are saying, a certain member just can't accept it due his doom and gloom posts that have not come true.

As I have said in another post, YOU claim "Pattaya is thriving."  Yet, you haven't been to Walking Street, nor Soi 6, and no doubt, many other areas.

You post that you went to 2 bars on Soi Baukhao, and just as before, declare Soi Baukhao "as busy as 2019." 

As I said, many businesses relocated to this area, most likely due to cheaper rents, so it will be busier than it was in 2019.

Another example is Tree Town.  Of course it's more busy than in 2019 because it was basically a patch of dirt in 2019.  ???? 

Tree Town comes at the expense of Soi Made in Thailand.  Danny's Sports Bar being an example. 

Get around Pattaya's nightlife scene more and perhaps you will see it's not back to pre covid, low season, 2019 levels. 

I posted the numbers for you.  40 million tourists in 2019.  3.78 million to date in 2019. 

You are posting fake news. 

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

So, they set up their own social media channels, but are not on forums such as Pattaya Addict and AseanNow, both being very popular for information on Pattaya / Thailand.  

A little naive, kinyara. 

Sometimes it's easy to spot with a thread title:  "Where's the best XYZ in Pattaya?"  It's usually followed by some posts from members with low post counts posting, "ABC on Soi #."  Followed by similar low post count members posting, "I second ABC for the best XYZ." 

We saw during covid how these business owners all got around to each other's businesses promoting them through their own channels, for each other. 

It happens on forums as well. 

I was referring to posters on this thread on this forum, weren't you in your original post ?  The fact you keep having to ask posters to name bars they've been to that they thought were busy rather than them voluntarily naming them doesn't sound like owners pushing their business which was my point. Virtually all the posts refer to bar areas rather than specific businesses.

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

The member stated "Pattaya is thriving."  The member admits he has not been to Walking Street, nor Soi 6.  When asked where he has been, it turns out he had been to 2 bars on Soi Baukhao.

Since 2019, most probably due to lower rents, we have seen businesses relocate to the Soi Baukhao area.  Thus, I don't doubt this area is busier than it was in 2019.  A little like Tree Town is more busy than in 2019 because in 2019 Tree Town was basically a patch of dirt.  ???? 

If Soi Baukhao is busy, perhaps busier than 2019, but Walking Street, for example, is dead, is Pattaya "thriving?" 

Walking Street is Pattaya's biggest tourist attraction, yet the member who claimed "Pattaya is thriving" hasn't been there. 

Pattaya is never thriving in September. The soi Buakhao area has been by low season standards.

I don't recall many businesses relocating to soi Buakhao - a few places have changed hands and during Covid some have been renovated and renamed.  Treetown is perhaps the largest single new development in the area and this gained popularity from the word go - even during Covid restrictions. I can't speak foe other areas as I don't cross Second Road for bars/entertainment. I haven't been to Walking Street for over 10 years........although I did see that Bamboo bar had reopened - always a freelancer paradise, perhaps the Triangle bar will see a shift of clientele. 

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

As I have said in another post, YOU claim "Pattaya is thriving."  Yet, you haven't been to Walking Street, nor Soi 6, and no doubt, many other areas.

You post that you went to 2 bars on Soi Baukhao, and just as before, declare Soi Baukhao "as busy as 2019." 

As I said, many businesses relocated to this area, most likely due to cheaper rents, so it will be busier than it was in 2019.

Another example is Tree Town.  Of course it's more busy than in 2019 because it was basically a patch of dirt in 2019.  ???? 

Tree Town comes at the expense of Soi Made in Thailand.  Danny's Sports Bar being an example. 

Get around Pattaya's nightlife scene more and perhaps you will see it's not back to pre covid, low season, 2019 levels. 

I posted the numbers for you.  40 million tourists in 2019.  3.78 million to date in 2019. 

You are posting fake news. 

Have you got 'skin in the game' - lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Doubt it. Any Leaver bar would fail within its first month given his business and economic theories he states here...

Imagine how depressing his bar would be lol

But if I have bought a 3 year lease, paid 3 years of rent up front, also paid 3 years of key money up front, because I am still open 18 months later, despite having no customers, I must be doing something right. 

The business must be successful because I am still open.  Right?  ????

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

But if I have bought a 3 year lease, paid 3 years of rent up front, also paid 3 years of key money up front, because I am still open 18 months later, despite having no customers, I must be doing something right. 

The business must be successful because I am still open.  Right?  ????

Not necessarily.  You might be keeping it open by injecting your savings into it "hoping" for an improvement "some day".

Over the years I've met several bar owners who did just that...some got lucky, others didn't.

On 9/29/2022 at 8:18 AM, PJ71 said:

I've very recent experience in noticing Pattaya nightlife in Bukhow area is very busy, for some reason you have a hard time accepting this...

Seems to vary depending on what day..... weekends yes. I was out Wednesday night and would not describe it as being busy.