Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most bars have more staff than customers, gogos probably 5-1. had a businessman sit beside me this winter in a gogo in pattaya, he commented on how can these bars stay open, no customers in most,

Great.    Did you notice I started this thread in the Pattaya Forum?

Well Hooters Pattaya was roasted by the expat community in Pattaya from the first day they opened and for years afterwards.......But Hooters just ignored all the zillions of negative expat posts and t

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

And some still believe in it.
Soi Bukhao, next to PissStop, a new bar, previously a Top Charoen.

Wow, a very optimist (Or overconfident) investissor then

i see everyday more and more bars closed in Pattaya, and even

with the number of bars drasticaly reduced the ones still open are

struggling to pay the bills, i don't even talk about doing a living.

12 hours ago, rott said:

In Soi Post Office there is a row of ten or eleven shops with only one open amongst them. 

But on the corner of the Soi and Beach Rd the McDonald's is showing signs that they may be re-opening soon. 

Good, bad or indifferent news according to your taste. 

Wow! If out of 11 shops only 1 is still open, things must really be bad.

Would not be surprised if the same ratio applies to the many Guest-Houses in the area.

Once the Covid thing is over, early bird visitors may end up sleeping at McDonalds on the terrace (on the sofa in the corner).:smile:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, swissie said:

Would not be surprised if the same ratio applies to the many Guest-Houses in the area.

Once the Covid thing is over, early bird visitors may end up sleeping at McDonalds on the terrace (on the sofa in the corner).:smile:

All the soi between beach road and second road are heavily impacted

most of the businesses are already closed in these little streets

so yes Soi Yamato and Soi post office are taking a beating too

1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

Soi post office are taking a beating too

But this guy renting out motorbikes uses now both sides of the Soi to park his many motorbikes. Obviously a great business with many customers. Just kidding. I am also wondering that jet skies can be left on the beach for many days. There is not much law enforcement anymore. Also some bars do what they want and nobody cares for whatever reason. 

37 minutes ago, swissie said:

Lol, no shortage of rooms and at knockdown prices. 

Ref the closed places the one still trading is the Corona Bar. The whole Soi is not like that, but the Miami agogo not been open for a few nights. 

5 minutes ago, rott said:

Lol, no shortage of rooms and at knockdown prices. 

Ref the closed places the one still trading is the Corona Bar. The whole Soi is not like that, but the Miami agogo not been open for a few nights. 

What an Ironie = Corona Bar! But good to know. Always used to have my last drink at the Corona Bar as my Guest-House was only accross the street. Easy to navigate home after having consumed liberal amounts of Beer Chang.

Never spent much time at the "Miami". So cold inside, I got tired of wearing my fur coat in a GoGo Bar in Thailand.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, swissie said:

What an Ironie = Corona Bar! But good to know. Always used to have my last drink at the Corona Bar as my Guest-House was only accross the street. Easy to navigate home after having consumed liberal amounts of Beer Chang.

Never spent much time at the "Miami". So cold inside, I got tired of wearing my fur coat in a GoGo Bar in Thailand.

Surely the fur coat was primarily for pimping ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Surely McDonalds and the like are franchise's? They are super expensive so I doubt they will be closing permanently.   

True....But you know its bad if a Mcdonalds does not even have enough business to pay a skeleton crew to pump out mostly pre-frozen food that has quite a big mark-up...

19 hours ago, luckyluke said:

And some still believe in it.
Soi Bukhao, next to PissStop, a new bar, previously a Top Charoen.

"Is the closure of your favorite optometrist or pharmacy imminent?"

I've notice a couple of Save pharmacies and a Boots closed already.

• Like 1