Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

13 minutes ago, Leaver said:

What if one closes, and another one doesn't open?  We all lose variety and choice. 

then, proceed to beach avenue to pick up several of my thai honeys.  I forgot, I could panic/leave thailand, increase antipsychotic meds, or call the tourist police and then riot in the streets....what are you going to do?

Edited by mike787

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2020 at 3:48 PM, chrisandsu said:

3-400 baht = $13. The same western Chinese in America or the uk would be half that price . 

They are just trying to cash in on all those 2 week millionaires that apparently will happily pay double the price for something here, simply because they are on a holiday.  ????

Those days are over. 

5 minutes ago, Leaver said:

They are just trying to cash in on all those 2 week millionaires that apparently will happily pay double the price for something here, simply because they are on a holiday.  ????

Those days are over. 

Everyone’s just a cheap Charlie that does not want to pay double the price to sit in a rat infested hole in the wall . ????

9 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Everyone’s just a cheap Charlie that does not want to pay double the price to sit in a rat infested hole in the wall . ????

I wouldn't classify myself as a cheap Charlie, nor, super rich, and I'm not a tourists, but I don't pay the ridiculous prices for wine here. 

You talk about paying double, when it comes to wine, there can over 400% mark up, at retail, and that's allowing for transport costs.   

Even the 2 week millionaires know this is a p*ss take.

Edited by Leaver

On January 24, 2020 at 11:09 AM, Leaver said:

No doubt Hungry Hippo and the like will be busy.  The same with the 2 for 1 bars. 

It will be interesting to see who they eventually put out of business. 

Yes, the cheap Charlie section of pattaya, cheap food and booze to attract low end crowd  spending very little. But they will save the day.????????????????

6 hours ago, petermik said:

There are long term expats living here on limited budgets...mainly due the the exchange rates...something they have absolutely no control over so yes they will be attracted to the cheaper establishments,it,s called "common sense" something not everyone on this forum possesses :whistling:

I don't see many expats living here that are on larger budgets.  The nice restaurants and bars are empty.

As I have said before, Pattaya has positioned itself in an unusual place in the market.  It's too cheap and nasty for the wealthy, and too expensive for the cheap Charlies. 

Interesting times ahead. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kinyara said:

Isnt it strange that you Vietnam advocates recommend the place because you say it is better value than Thailand and then when anyone is seeking out good value in Pattaya you classify them as a Cheap Charlie. 

Probably because for what you pay for a meal and a beer in a cheap charlies restaurant in Pattaya, actually gets you a meal and a beer in a nice restaurant in Vietnam. 

Same amount of money spent, but a nicer meal served in a nicer environment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Probably because for what you pay for a meal and a beer in a cheap charlies restaurant in Pattaya, actually gets you a meal and a beer in a nice restaurant in Vietnam. 

Same amount of money spent, but a nicer meal served in a nicer environment.

I imagine there is probably possibly maybe no difference at all. 

• Confused 1

On 2/23/2020 at 11:56 AM, jacko45k said:

I believe they move out of town more. Larger housing is a rarety in soi Buakhao, mostly crumbling crappy shop-houses. Quite a chore to get into town for dinner.

Must be an exciting life, living in a big house, with no social life. 

• Haha 1

On 2/22/2020 at 1:30 PM, petermik said:

There are long term expats living here on limited budgets...mainly due the the exchange rates...something they have absolutely no control over so yes they will be attracted to the cheaper establishments,it,s called "common sense" something not everyone on this forum possesses :whistling:

Many a true word spoken in jest.

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

I can vouch for that much prefer to stay at home now than go out, i have good food, good drink, good AC, social life is vastly overrated IMO ???? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

Probably more exciting than living alone in a 25sqm box in soi Arunothai. 

Or worse, living with an aged Thai lady is the same box with sharp instruments nearby. 

• Haha 2