Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

1 hour ago, johng said:

It was a parking  spot before they setup the makeshift pumps and later the office huts overseeing  the beach widening project.

Office huts?.......More like a Trailer park Junkyard homeless shelter.....

2 hours ago, johng said:

It was a parking  spot before they setup the makeshift pumps and later the office huts overseeing  the beach widening project.

A popular place for scammers ripping people of with special parking fees. The first article is from 2012 and the second from 2020. 

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/walking-street-parking-scam-exposed-16693

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-finally-moves-against-parking-scammers-near-walking-street-315087

21 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Heap of "new" ones near me that have been vacant for a year atleast, Going to enquire what they are worth to rent as I need a mancave.

I know a few guys that are renting a cheap and run down old shoebox and are using it as a club house. (nothing to do with a motorcycle gang) 

Been invited a few times.  Lounge, bar tables and stools.  Big TV.  Sound system with old laptop attached.  A couple of fridges.  A bit of basic cutIery for drinks and food ordered in.   

I think they are going to get a second hand pool table in the future. 

It is bring your own alcohol, so as far as I know, no laws are broken, and the music is never nightclub loud. 

They are all single, as I am, so sometimes it's guys catching up before going out, or watching match, and sometimes it's a big night and bring a friend, which usually is a bar girl you have paid for long time. 

Had some great nights, and have expressed an interest to buy in, should one of the members leave Pattaya.  All cheap, and nothing you can't walk away from.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, polpott said:

Does it have a bed? Are the girls for share? Are you Indian?

It's not a residential premises.  No bedroom.  No kitchen.

It's not in Central Pattaya in the high rent area, but not far away.  I am not sure what the place was before, but probably some type of small shop.  They gave it a coat of paint and a good clean and it came up alright.    

All the members share the rent and utilities, and when split between them, it's cheap, and they all have a key to the place, so any one of them can go there anytime.

It's bring your own alcohol, and girl.  ????

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Stove cooking allowed, so it's a winner for some. Guys who like the sound of that probably like lock ins

See above post.  No kitchen.  

It's a clubhouse, or a loungeroom, or a basic bar, but not open to the public, and not selling alcohol.  

It is s you say, just like the old style after 2am "lock in" but without breaking any laws.  

On the nights I have been invited, we have usually headed out to LK Metro after the party. 

As another member mentioned, it's just a communal "mancave."   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I know a few guys that are renting a cheap and run down old shoebox and are using it as a club house. (nothing to do with a motorcycle gang) 

Been invited a few times.  Lounge, bar tables and stools.  Big TV.  Sound system with old laptop attached.  A couple of fridges.  A bit of basic cutIery for drinks and food ordered in.   

I think they are going to get a second hand pool table in the future. 

It is bring your own alcohol, so as far as I know, no laws are broken, and the music is never nightclub loud. 

They are all single, as I am, so sometimes it's guys catching up before going out, or watching match, and sometimes it's a big night and bring a friend, which usually is a bar girl you have paid for long time. 

Had some great nights, and have expressed an interest to buy in, should one of the members leave Pattaya.  All cheap, and nothing you can't walk away from.  

Sounds great, Mine would be for me only for somewhere to secure my toys and have a private workshop.

5 hours ago, Oldie said:

A popular place for scammers ripping people of with special parking fees. The first article is from 2012 and the second from 2020. 

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/walking-street-parking-scam-exposed-16693

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-finally-moves-against-parking-scammers-near-walking-street-315087

So they have been at it since 2012 at least.....5555

I see they were all released as if it was no issue, including that of roughing up a foreign tourist who refused to be scammed. Little changes around this place.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 3:17 PM, TaaSaparot said:

Hearing a lot of chatter that Royal Garden Shopping Mall are considering closing.

Malls are gong to be a non performing asset for quite a few years here.  Most likely, many already were.      

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

Malls are gong to be a non performing asset for quite a few years here.  Most likely, many already were.      

Can't imagine much has been made in Harbor Mall nor The Avenue for some time.

I'm shocked at how bad Pattaya has become ???? after reading last 3 pages I see imminite closure of favourite restaurants and bars include motorcycle car parks, 'man caves similar to USA Mom basements' and shopping malls. We are all doomed ????

On 9/25/2020 at 8:25 PM, Leaver said:

Same goes for those overseas and thinking of coming back to Pattaya for a holiday. 

They would want to know if their favorite places are open, or if they are closed, or moved location, and how the atmosphere is in there.   

Over the course of this thread a few things have surprised me.  Probably the biggest surprise for me was Retox being put up for sale, just before Covid, so they could see the writing on the wall.     

No they are a failed model with limited appeal. Just could not get enough customers before covid, plus high rents, mass free sport streaming at home, no real girly service and cheap food competition.  They have bar one left but covid won't help them or any other business. However, for me the demise of footie mad tourists is great and has improved Pattaya enormously NOBODY but the saddest most unadventurous tourist returns because their favourite bar is still open nor declined to to travel because it has closed.

Edited by Nout
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nout said:

No they are a failed model with limited appeal. Just could not get enough customers before covid, plus high rents, mass free sport streaming at home, no real girly service and cheap food competition.  They have bar one left but covid won't help them or any other business. However, for me the demise of footie mad tourists is great and has improved Pattaya enormously NOBODY but the saddest most unadventurous tourist returns because their favourite bar is still open nor declined to to travel because it has closed.

Interesting post.

Admittedly, I have sat at a table in Retox when a big match was on and saw an old geezer watch the whole match over only one cup of tea.  He was probably of an age that was not too familiar with internet streaming.  That said, I have seen lot of alcohol flowing there when the place has been rammed for big games, but I do take your point. 

So, if a popular sports bar struggles in Pattaya, and was for sale pre Covid, what business model would / could prosper here? 

The use of apps has disrupted the traditional lady drink / bar fine business model. 

11 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Volare Restaurant on Soi Buakhao, now closed and up for sale.

Was 12.5m baht, Now 3.95m baht, Rent 15,000 baht a month, No Key Money.

120540418_174398007610128_3079187623922775660_n.jpg.e3cbceb2178396c5a06ddbe47513b79e.jpg

Maybe the magic 1m baht. I used to see the 2 or 3 farang middle Eastern looking owners sitting there for weeks contemplating no customers 

I just passed the big free empty area where the Excite Disco was (3rd Road). Free not anymore. They build many buildings there. Seem to be a lot of small shops and food stalls and perhaps some "entertainment facilities". Looks promising. It is like in real life. Some things disappear and new ones are created...

• Like 1