Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

1 hour ago, polpott said:

Not as much as they would like you to believe. They had a bit of a spat with a rival bar owner over the livestreaming issue. Quite funny really.

He walked into one of their bars whilst they were livestraming. A virtual punter had just paid 1500 baht to ring the bell and the rival owner grabbed a drink off the tray and downed it. He then shouted to the virtual customers, "Its water!" and walked off. Caused quite a kerfuffle online.

No honour among bar owners then.  ????

9 hours ago, Leaver said:

Interesting post.

For me, The Nightwish Group became a monopoly on Soi 6, and made all their bars the same, with many people not liking the change. 

For that reason, maybe they are not a good barometer of Pattaya, in general, in regards to "the nightlife" but of course, this is debateable.   

According to the Nick video interview with Brian, they changed one bar at a time, opening them up, proved popular with customers so kept changing others, money talks, makes sense to me. Sounds like people wanting closed bars just didn't spend enough money

Edited by scubascuba3

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Different crowd... the old boys liked the behind doors fun of soi 6 prior, but tourists of a younger ilk preferred the open socializing bars. I suspect the latter were much better earners too. Doesn't work no more with no tourists about.

The dark side has taken up the mantle of keeping enclosed bars open and I can confirm they are a disappointment, always, I tried them about 15 times after golf and they were phish, ladies mostly close to retirement, of course the locals big the place up so I don't blame Nightwish changing the Soi 6 model at all

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

They own around 25 bars on Soi 6.  You would think they would have around 3 to 4 enclosed bars for the customers that like them.

As for the volume of music in the majority of their bars, it's definitely for the younger ones.  Crazy loud.  Not relaxing at all.  

I think there are or maybe thats a were? not sure.....Still a few Soi 6 bars that are not open in front....

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

They got raided a while ago, when it was called Bliss.  It would have cost to make that one go away. 

Do you know if it is the same owner, or new management?

Changed owner, isn't it associated with The Telephone Bar?

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

Still getting some new openings

Route 66 on Soi Siam CC

123339628_10207697022899387_4061776860239557948_n.jpg.acb9a76ebc2e804e2118c11efe2e4ea1.jpg

123107098_10207697021379349_3527322244612951140_n.jpg.85364e0821706e7accb9b86cb985fc3b.jpg

123492473_10207697022379374_1132392621747024190_n.jpg.58f0282715dbc67d7bbe9d7e8c083db6.jpg

looks nice. wouldn't want to sit outside though, i take it that its under the sukhumwit feed in flyover. noise dust smoke. 

unrelated, but i wonder who owns the land under these structures.... ????

or who claims to...

hmmmm...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jastheace said:

looks nice. wouldn't want to sit outside though, i take it that its under the sukhumwit feed in flyover. noise dust smoke. 

unrelated, but i wonder who owns the land under these structures.... ????

or who claims to...

hmmmm...

I presume its the old Route 66 bar which was a biker bar and famously the scene of the arrest of the American guy who killed the Australian on Soi 6. Not near the flyover and set back form the road. Amazing transformation; decent upcoming location. Close to Outback, Taco House and Darkside Evolution.

I guess the food will be American diner food, burgers, hot dogs etc. Not so great.

34 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Noticed today that the For Sale signs are up on 2 out of the 4 beer bars on the little stretch turning onto Beach Road from Klang before Soi 7.  Poppy 1 and the second one after that. 

There are more For-Rent, For-Sale, For-Lease, Closed, signs around Pattaya than I ever imagined possible....

Edited by redwood1

3 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

There are more For-Rent, For-Sale, For-Lease, Closed, signs around Pattaya than I ever imagined possible....

So true and rather a sorry sight.  The sign makers of Pattaya are an unheralded successful cottage industry, from the new glitzy electric neon of the constant business openings and changes in the good times, to the current more budget conscious plastic fire sale versions. They're always busy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

Try to avoid the Brit knee jerk without knowing anything.

https://www.route66pattaya.com/menu/

Should be able to find something better than the usual baked-beans-on-toast.

Well its still very American but would 100% have eaten in there last night had I known about it. Was in Darkside Evolution and starving. Nothing nearby so ended up eating in a new bar owned by an Aussie, had egg bacon and beans and could swear he'd cooked everything on the barbie.

Will give it a try next time. I've always wondered what grits were like but never had the chance to try them.

This video shows the devastation in the soi 7 and 8, a sad sight

on a side note the farang guy who opened Whitherspoons on beach road

(At the begining of the video) fews weeks ago is probably the most optimist

actually in the city, or he has informations we don't have (Or a lot of money to lose)

the renovation of the establishment is nice and the location is good, unfortunately

the lack of customers is the main problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgyvZN89iaw

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

This video shows the devastation in the soi 7 and 8, a sad sight

on a side note the farang guy who opened Whitherspoons on beach road

(At the begining of the video) fews weeks ago is probably the most optimist

actually in the city, or he has informations we don't have (Or a lot of money to lose)

the renovation of the establishment is nice and the location is good, unfortunately

the lack of customers is the main problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgyvZN89iaw

Nick says he is still paying rent on his bar and it's closed, not sure that's wise

• Like 2