BANGKOK
Leaver

Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

16 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

About one of the busiest and most successful bars in Pattaya? .... WOW!

It's reliant on tourists, expats alone won't keep it going, so why open now and incur all the costs with few customers? 

44 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

About one of the busiest and most successful bars in Pattaya? .... WOW!

I tend to agree, the owner being quite astute and successful.

34 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I tend to agree, the owner being quite astute and successful.

A guy who has made good profits for 13 years, and has continued to pay his staff since the bar closed.

Seems a no brainer to re-open as soon as he can to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Shutters are up.

102563898_10219427607854008_311037653364761283_n.jpg.04d16f76aa3245fdd66ec10bc25580b8.jpg

Not today they weren't. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's reliant on tourists, expats alone won't keep it going, so why open now and incur all the costs with few customers? 

Every one loves the Beer Garden....Thais, Expats, Tourist.....It will actually be one of the few bars that do turn a profit now...

18 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Every one loves the Beer Garden....Thais, Expats, Tourist.....It will actually be one of the few bars that do turn a profit now...

Good i hope it does, i also hope the gogos open soon, they are an important part of the Pattaya fun for me

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Good i hope it does, i also hope the gogos open soon, they are an important part of the Pattaya fun for me

Dream on.

28 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Dream on.

Gogos should open before clubs, I'll take a guess at late July\August

I never realised the Beer Garden published their annual financial statements on the forums. 

On 6/6/2020 at 11:21 PM, henry2109 said:

Your thinking is flawed. A 20 % rent increase does not result in an increase of the beer price by 20 %. 

The rent cost is just a part of total cost. Biggest cost may be purchase of goods and salaries. If rent cost were 25 % of total cost, the price increase in your exemple would be 5 Baht, from 100 Baht to 105 Baht.

It was just a basic example, to illustrate how a greedy Thai landlord who sees a successful business in one of his properties, raises the rent, because he thinks the tenant can pay and / or the customers will pay more.

in general, I would say beer is the biggest selling commodity in bars in Pattaya, therefore, beer prices are most likely to cop the brunt of larger rent increases.  

Different bars have different pricing structures, however, with a lot of girls now working off apps (pre virus) lady drinks and bar fines are becoming a think of the past, probably because their prices have been raised so high in order for the business to survive, so that just leaves increasing the price of alcohol, which predominately is beer. 

On 6/8/2020 at 1:55 PM, kinyara said:

I never realised the Beer Garden published their annual financial statements on the forums. 

I would hate to see the size of various "tea money" payments in those financial statements. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2020 at 5:31 AM, TaaSaparot said:

Pattaya Beer Garden had staff in yesterday working on the place, so they are ready to open when the alcohol serving ban is lifted.

Was sent these today ..

100478837_2713690522192918_2442348520263385088_n.jpg.b4aee4801bdd597400bcf34f3768c676.jpg

82195533_2713690555526248_4615811115471863808_n.jpg.a95f6dcc014a6ecb60d26766a96ba716.jpg

Edited by TaaSaparot

From government statements today sounds like an outside chance we might be able to enjoy a beer again in establishments of the restaurant variety from the 15th. I'd be happy with that since 3 of my 4 regular favourites would fall under that category and shouldn't have difficulty complying with social distancing seating arrangements. We'll hear for sure Friday I guess. 

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

From government statements today sounds like an outside chance we might be able to enjoy a beer again in establishments of the restaurant variety from the 15th. I'd be happy with that since 3 of my 4 regular favourites would fall under that category and shouldn't have difficulty complying with social distancing seating arrangements. We'll hear for sure Friday I guess. 

Yes, looks like it.

But as before, the problem for the authorities will be too many people gathering to drink in restaurants, instead of enjoying an alcohol beverage with their meal.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kinyara said:

I watched the English language covid update yesterday as I usually do.Sounded a bit ominous really in relation to bars and entertainment in that speaker mentioned staff will not be permitted to encourage sales of alcohol to patrons in restraunts, and zero hint of bars etc opening at all?