Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

Just now, Leaver said:

I agree, although, the city is missing its lively vibe.  

Why did you suggest mongers would rush back for cheap alcohol, alone?  In many respects, alcohol is dearer here than in western countries.  Eg.  wine.  

i suggested that they'd come back for p***y, not alcohol,

yes alcohol is expensive here in certain places

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I agree, although, the city is missing its lively vibe.  

Why did you suggest mongers would rush back for cheap alcohol, alone?  In many respects, alcohol is dearer here than in western countries.  Eg.  wine.  

PS - hardly likely pattaya mongers consume wine regularly!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

i suggested that they'd come back for p***y, not alcohol,

yes alcohol is expensive here in certain places

I missed the "y" in your previous post, which I think has now been deleted.  I thought you said "p***" as in alcohol.  

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

I have no doubt Pattaya will be back, but I think it will start as a trickle, and then slowly build up, rather than a fire in a furniture shop.

I think it will rebuild quite quickly but of course depending also how quickly they get the tourists back in, I fear more  they will focus on bringing many many from China and The Sub Continent, which could even stifle the old style businesses further or snuff them out. 

Then Thais will do their thing, move into business opportunities (copy the guy next door), saturate the market and then some. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, rott said:

Yes I remember those days when it was just the small bar and they had live music on. 

The Las Vegas......... not many ex-punters of theirs about now. The well known bell ringer still is, but not seen very often. Though he may be caught outside by the Covid. 

It was a GGB  when I was going in there, but the video music was enjoyable, watching Mick prance about to some good old R and R. I recall they expanded to the back at some time. Then they seemed to change the layout, and at the same time become irritating, girls going round trying to sell you  snacks and <deleted>. Had I wanted to be bothered so I would have gone to beer bars, or sat on the beach. 

On 12/2/2020 at 7:57 AM, rott said:

Tim's Bar (or Timbar if you prefer) has been closed the last two nights. 

Possibly another place waiting for happier times, possibly just having a few nights off. 

Panic Not.!!!!!!!! 

They were open last night. 

Cherry Bar wasn't though. Possibly the ladies formation dancing squad demanded a six night week. 

11 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I'm not there often but have a better overview than what you seem to,

You seem only to promote 'doom'.

"I,m not there often" speaks for itself.....:sad:

I,m living here and can see from week to week how things are changing...."doom" not quite yet but in another month who knows....:unsure:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, petermik said:

I,m living here and can see from week to week how things are changing...."doom" not quite yet but in another month who knows....:unsure:

Unfortunately the whole place is quite depressing

i stopped going to walking street one month ago

i usualy enjoyed a drink from time to time in I-bar

but at my last visit it was getting really too sad for my taste

Edited by kingofthemountain

3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Unfortunately the whole place is quite depressing

i stopped going to walking street one month ago

i usualy enjoyed a drink from time to time in I-bar

but at my last visit it was getting really too sad for my taste

Go to Dollhouse agogo, that will make you feel better, usually very busy after 10

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 4:37 AM, jacko45k said:

I think it will rebuild quite quickly but of course depending also how quickly they get the tourists back in, I fear more  they will focus on bringing many many from China and The Sub Continent, which could even stifle the old style businesses further or snuff them out. 

Then Thais will do their thing, move into business opportunities (copy the guy next door), saturate the market and then some. 

There are many variable to consider.  

Thailand could open the boarders tomorrow, but tourists will not be able to flock back here, even if they wanted to.  Flight availability would be a big issue.  

You can forget about Indians.  More than 1 billion population, how long to vaccinate the population, even if they can afford it.  China the same. 

Yes, the Thai's will do their thing, but  that "rebuild" you talk about will be years, not months.  

On 12/3/2020 at 6:49 AM, HashBrownHarry said:

LOL - yes you're an expert......on nothing.

I'm not there often but have a better overview than what you seem to,

You seem only to promote 'doom'.

I have no idea on what you think I was claiming to be an expert on.  Perhaps you can enlighten me.

If you are not in Pattaya often, perhaps it's YOU claiming to be an expert, when you really have less observations to base an opinion on.  

I don't promote anything.  I just call it as I see it.  Are you suggesting all is economically well in Pattaya?  

• Haha 2

On 12/5/2020 at 12:54 AM, TaaSaparot said:

I see Reef Cantina (old Tequila Reef) has closed down, although they expect to re-open in the New Year in a different location.

I was a regular at Tequila Reef on Soi 7.  Sad to see it close, especially after decades at that location.  

Never got around to trying Reef Cantina.  If they do reopen, hopefully it's in a more central location and I will give it a try.  

28 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I was a regular at Tequila Reef on Soi 7.  Sad to see it close, especially after decades at that location.  

Never got around to trying Reef Cantina.  If they do reopen, hopefully it's in a more central location and I will give it a try.  

Couldn't be much more central than Soi 7, only 5 minutes walk from the Central department store!

19 hours ago, Leaver said:

Read my post again.  

Ahhh......Reef Cantina wasn't on Soi 7 then?  If not, my bad, I thought it was, but even so if it was on Klang it is / was still  less than 10 minutes walk from Central, no?

I see Reef Cantina (old Tequila Reef) has closed down, although they expect to re-open in the New Year in a different location.

I have seen a vacant building with For Rent signs on it (that would be perfect for a Mexican restaurant) on Soi 7.....Maybe Reef Cantina could change their name to Tequila Reef and move there....

No loss Tinglebittys Mexican food is much better than the old Tequila Reef ever was...

• Like 1