Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

On 12/7/2020 at 2:37 AM, TaaSaparot said:

How much more central could you get than Pattaya "Glang" ?

Not a great deal of pedestrian tourist traffic where they moved to.  

It's central for expats, not so much for tourists. 

I just never got around to going there, and it was unknown if it was the same management and operation as Tequila Reef, so I was in no hurry to find out.

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2020 at 4:06 PM, VBF said:

Ahhh......Reef Cantina wasn't on Soi 7 then?  If not, my bad, I thought it was, but even so if it was on Klang it is / was still  less than 10 minutes walk from Central, no?

Tequila Reef was on Soi 7.

As mentioned in another post, Reef Cantina would not have seen much pedestrian traffic from tourists, pre covid, at the Klang location.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Leaver said:

Tequila Reef was on Soi 7.

As mentioned in another post, Reef Cantina would not have seen much pedestrian traffic from tourists, pre covid, at the Klang location.

To add salt and lime to a open wound and bad location Reef Cantina had their grand opening in December 2019....And Covid hit in February....

I walk to Big C on Klang quite often and I never noticed any signs pointing to where they were located....I had forgot they even existed since they opened around there somewhere...

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

To add salt and lime to a open wound and bad location Reef Cantina had their grand opening in December 2019....And Covid hit in February....

I walk to Big C on Klang quite often and I never noticed any signs pointing to where they were located....I had forgot they even existed since they opened around there somewhere...

I lived off Klang for a couple of years and walked down Klang every couple of days, never saw the place

On 12/9/2020 at 1:32 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I lived off Klang for a couple of years and walked down Klang every couple of days, never saw the place

Well today I just happen to need to go to Power Buy on Klang where I thought it was near?...... I thought I would put a half-ass effort in trying to locate it....Ok I only looked around there for a few short minutes but I saw nothing.....

So looking at their facebook page....

https://www.facebook.com/thereefcantina/

I guess it was located on one of the streets closer to Sukhumvit where I did not look...

Either way that location is absolutely horrible.....Its to close to the light side for the darkside people and to close to the darkside for the lightside people.... 

23 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I guess it was located on one of the streets closer to Sukhumvit where I did not look...

Tequila Reef/Reef Cantina was in Welcome Town which I think is the next street past Power Buy if heading towards Sukhumvit.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@12.9331569,100.8988657,3a,75y,294.45h,93.52t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1salrv_wUtoV8fJmQBCa8TUA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Either way that location is absolutely horrible.....Its to close to the light side for the darkside people and to close to the darkside for the lightside people.... 

The Funny Thing is when they opened up in Welcome Town, there was plenty that said it was a good move as there was parking at that location, which Soi 7 did not have, so this was going to be good for trade

Now that they have closed, its the location to blame.

On 12/9/2020 at 9:17 AM, redwood1 said:

Was it ever confirmed it was the same operation as Tequila Reef, just moved to a new location?  

On 12/8/2020 at 8:45 AM, jacko45k said:

I always thought 'Klang' actually meant central, but there is a new definition where one draws a 1km circle from The Katesiree on Bua Khao.....

I would say it's a 200m circle around Zero Bar, with its 40 baht beers, which would encompass Hungry Hippo.  ????

Edited by Leaver
  • Haha 1

On 12/11/2020 at 3:25 PM, treetops said:

Tequila Reef/Reef Cantina was in Welcome Town which I think is the next street past Power Buy if heading towards Sukhumvit.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@12.9331569,100.8988657,3a,75y,294.45h,93.52t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1salrv_wUtoV8fJmQBCa8TUA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Thanks....I finally see now were it is/was.......Bloody hell that is/was as bad location....Tourist would never bother or most expats for that matter......You could throw a dart at a map of Pattaya and 99% chance you would have a better location....

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I wonder how they define "active and successful" 

With a price of 15 millions of bahts

it will be a succesfull sale for sure

if they found a buyer....

Good luck with that now and at this price

On a side note i wonder what happened to the project to transform

the Avenue in the new A gogo place to be and how it ended with the

''happy investissors'' and their money already into it

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

I wonder how they can ask 15 million.  ????

There is a famous line in a french cult movie

The idiots dare everything, that's even how we recognize them

''les cons ca ose tout, c'est meme a ca qu'on les reconnait''

Michel Audiard, Les tontons flingueurs (1963)

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 4:39 PM, kingofthemountain said:

With a price of 15 millions of bahts

it will be a succesfull sale for sure

if they found a buyer....

Good luck with that now and at this price

On a side note i wonder what happened to the project to transform

the Avenue in the new A gogo place to be and how it ended with the

''happy investissors'' and their money already into it

They are only open about 2 years but claim 8 years in the ad & 14 years in the picture.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SidJames said:

They are only open about 2 years but claim 8 years in the ad & 14 years in the picture.

Avenue opened 14years ago, didn't know the bar project actually ever realized.

Are they open, or everything shut already?

On 12/11/2020 at 3:25 PM, treetops said:

That whole Welcome Town has been a success story from the start.Not?

On 12/2/2020 at 3:40 AM, Leaver said:

I agree, although, the city is missing its lively vibe.  

This is something that will certainly impact my future decisions to visit Pattaya or not.  It was always a good time with lots going on even if you didn't partake in the local delicacies. 

The vibe and atmosphere were the most fun parts of the whole experience, it was like the city that never slept.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SidJames said:

They've been open more than 2 years. It's a micro brewery. Their in house weiss bier is excellent. Food was good too. Very authentic goulash. The problem was location. The Avenue has beeen the death of many businesses. I think that they have an outlet in Bangkok and opened a restaurant in T21. Suffered a severe blow when some Thai woman claimed to have found a cockroach in her beer and went viral on social media. A scam on behalf of the woman but did Beerfest no favours.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, polpott said:

They've been open more than 2 years. It's a micro brewery. Their in house weiss bier is excellent. Food was good too. Very authentic goulash. The problem was location. The Avenue has beeen the death of many businesses. I think that they have an outlet in Bangkok and opened a restaurant in T21. Suffered a severe blow when some Thai woman claimed to have found a cockroach in her beer and went viral on social media. A scam on behalf of the woman but did Beerfest no favours.

Well it was on the ground floor and on 2nd Rd too so some foot traffic, if set back a bit. It looked like a good place but for some reason I just never even gave it a try. It was one of those places that didn't advertise enough perhaps.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well it was on the ground floor and on 2nd Rd too so some foot traffic, if set back a bit. It looked like a good place but for some reason I just never even gave it a try. It was one of those places that didn't advertise enough perhaps.

Robin Hood is directly above and seems to be doing OK. Maybe the televised live sport at RH gives them a competitive edge.