Eight underground wells drilled to provide water for Surin hospital

webfact

Eight underground wells drilled to provide water for Surin hospital 

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijM75VU8iJpGRvsiHRoU24GjA3c

The Thai army has completed drilling two underground water wells and are drilling two more to supply water to the Surin provincial hospital, which is facing a water crisis due to lack of mains tap water.

General Thanakiat Chobchuenchom, commander of the Military Development Command of the Armed Forces, yesterday visited the hospital and supervised the well drilling.

Four more underground wells are being drilled by the private sector to meet the hospital’s demand of at least 1,000 cubic metres of water a day.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/eight-underground-wells-drilled-to-provide-water-for-surin-hospital/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-08-14

Having the underground wells is useless unless they get them working.  They drilled a well across from my house 4 years ago.  Have it all ready and set up but left.  The wells has never been used just sit there and rotting away.

Drove into Surin yesterday for shopping. As we passed the turn off for the quarry that Surin is getting its water from saw 3 pickups with 2 3000 liter tanks on them going in and 3 pickups coming out. As we came into town started seeing Army, private and Civil Defense tankers making deliveries. At the Elephant Roundabout which is next to the water works this area has become the staging point for all water trucks. Looks like if they do not get this sorted out they will have to find a new restaurant for the Elephant Festivals. Driving through Surin saw numerous water well drillers going to their next job. The biggest indication to me on the severity of this problem was at Big C. Parking lot was only about half full and about every other aisle I might see someone. Basically there was no one out shopping. Personally I loved it. As we departed Big C at their south end here was a 20,000 liter contracted water tanker off loading water to Big C.  Now with the hospital sorted out what about all the other business and mere mortals that that are losing their arss because of no water . The photos are a common site. I personally know of 6 families in Surin that have put in well's because of this. 40K average. Surin City allows a 2 inch bore only other size needs a license. There is a very large underground aquifer in this area that should do but it has to be monitored.

image.png.61e397a18c1bed66a35082b3e4f2baae.png

image.png.59819337927a9b323677980b06e4df8f.png

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Four more underground wells are being drilled by the private sector to meet the hospital’s demand of at least 1,000 cubic metres of water a day.

Surely that is a misquote. 1 cubic meter is 1 million litres. I struggle to see how a single provincial hospital can use 1000 cubic meters of water a day. The entire city, including the hospital, would be able to be sustained with that amount of water.

On a secondary note any aquifer supplying that amount of water on a daily basis would have a very limited life.

25 minutes ago, Chang_paarp said:

Surely that is a misquote. 1 cubic meter is 1 million litres. I struggle to see how a single provincial hospital can use 1000 cubic meters of water a day. The entire city, including the hospital, would be able to be sustained with that amount of water.

On a secondary note any aquifer supplying that amount of water on a daily basis would have a very limited life.

Check your maths. A cubic meter is 1000 litres not a million.

2 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

I hear they are up to having 12 bore-holes and another 2 are being dug today.
They will soon be living on ‘Swiss cheese’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't panic ! ..................... I can't see Surin imploding.

3 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

One cubic meter is 1000 liters

People are upset and the police are coming out.

การแสดงสัญลักษ์ หรือการกระทำให้เกิดการรับรู้ข่าวสารอย่างตรงไปตรงมาเป็นสิทธิ์ที่ชอบธรรมของเรา ขอบคุณพี่น้อง ประชาชนกลุ่มนี้ที่ออกมาแสดงสัญลักษณ์ ให้เกิดการรับรู้ในวงกว้างมากขึ้น สื่อพูดมา สามเดือนแล้ว อยากเห็นพี่น้องประชาชนลุกออกมาบอกคนมีอำนาจแบบนี้บ้างครับ ขอเป็นกำลังใจ ให้กันและกัน พี่น้องคนสุรินทร์ครับ

ปล. ชูป้ายปั๊บตำรวจทหารมาปุ๊บ แต่เราไม่ได้ทำไรผิดนะครับแค่ชูป้ายเอง

Archived