BANGKOK 19 August 2019 20:06
Kgsaacmo

Hi! Long time reader & finally decided to introduce myself.

Hello everyone, I’ve been a regular lurker since I began dating an amazing guy from Thailand and wanted to be as knowledgeable/respectful of his customs & culture as possible. The forums have really helped me and I figured I should eventually introduce myself. 

Quick background, I met him here in the US and started off as friends but quickly became much more. Two years later, he’s the love of my life and we’re planning on getting married very soon. We’re both in our early 30s, both enjoy staying in good physical condition together, and although he’s kinda shy and soft spoken in public, he turns into a totally dominant beast in the bedroom, which I absolutely love!

I’ve never dated an Asian guy before him, but a man’s race is pretty much irrelevant to me. He’s sexy as hell and I still get aroused just thinking about him. He’s financially independent and one of the hardest workers I’ve ever met. 

We’re planning an upcoming visit to Thailand to introduce me to his family, and I’m scared as hell!  I’m not the most masculine guy and I’m afraid his family will think I’m not ‘man’ enough for him. 

Anyway, enough rambling. I just want to be able to respect his culture without fetishizing it, and I’ve really learned a lot on here. Although two years is still kinda new in my book, I love him so much and I’m looking forward to hopefully spending a lifetime together!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Good luck

Welcome to TVF, which can shed a light on human diversity and some "old fashioned" view points.

I hope the family are accepting of you and your partners relationship.

Be genuine, authentic, and respectful, while being mindful that family will always be more important to your partner.

Retain the financial independence at all costs.

See more to Thailand than the usual tourist traps and BKK, it is an amazing country.

Come with an open mind

Good luck for your future together.

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

Is that fact? IMHO Thai families, overall, are much more accepting than western families.

Tolerant yes, that doesn't mean the same as acceptance. A family in my village have twin gays as sons in their teens, the father and mother both work on building sites during planting and harvest, the father tried to 'man them up' by forcing them to work on the same building site as them. When my wife asked the mother if it had done any good she replied, 'My husband thinks he has made some progress with them, at least they don't wear lipstick around the village anymore. 😂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Tolerant yes, that doesn't mean the same as acceptance. A family in my village have twin gays as sons in their teens, the father and mother both work on building sites during planting and harvest, the father tried to 'man them up' by forcing them to work on the same building site as them. When my wife asked the mother if it had done any good she replied, 'My husband thinks he has made some progress with them, at least they don't wear lipstick around the village anymore. 😂

How true

I tolerate going to the dentist, does not mean I like it.

I wish parents would accept diversity in all its forms, give unconditional positive regard to their children, and love them unconditionally.

This would lead to a more open and honest society.

Good luck to you and your partner in life...keep in mind that the one constant...is change...leave yourself some wiggle room if things do not go as expected...🤔

10 hours ago, Kgsaacmo said:

he turns into a totally dominant beast in the bedroom, which I absolutely love!

You should keep that to yourself..........Buhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Haha 1

We’re planning an upcoming visit to Thailand to introduce me to his family, and I’m scared as hell!  I’m not the most masculine guy and I’m afraid his family will think I’m not ‘man’ enough for him. 

well does his family know he is gay? if they are over that hurdle I am sure it will be like all relationships in Thailand and be all about money. 

Edited by NCC1701A

...he’s kinda shy and soft spoken in public, he turns into a totally dominant beast in the bedroom, which I absolutely love!

...I’m not the most masculine guy and I’m afraid his family will think I’m not ‘man’ enough for him.

I'm still a little confused as to your relationship. Is he a power bottom & you're an effeminate top?

But seriously, If you want to blend in on TV, as held evident by some comments to your post, you should never openly speak explicitly about sexuality in these heterosexual forums. Someone might out you as a time traveler visiting this Victorian era. For more info, you'll find a whole host of topics on Tardis visiting Thaim travelers in the visa forums. Enjoy

9 hours ago, nikmar said:

Far far too much info pal.

Only heterosexuals are allowed to express their sexuality on ThaiVisa. For random example...

Gay people get admonished for being sexual beings expressing their sexuality while heteros get, what, smiley faces for expressing theirs"

Sounds suspiciously like homophobia to me

We've seen str8 folk flaunt their sexuality for years

10 minutes ago, thaicurious said:

Only heterosexuals are allowed to express their sexuality on ThaiVisa. For random example...

Gay people get admonished for being sexual beings expressing their sexuality while heteros get, what, smiley faces for expressing theirs"

Sounds suspiciously like homophobia to me

We've seen str8 folk flaunt their sexuality for years

The heteronormativity expressed here seems to be more apparent than on many other forums.

• Like 1

If he lives in the US why do you need to visit Thailand ? Gay marriage is not even legal in Thailand.  By law.