Overstaying by a few hours

On 8/15/2019 at 6:45 PM, overherebc said:

I don't think 15/20/30 minutes from when your plane touches down would be considered.

Let's say you land at 11.30pm on the 10th and your plane for some reason gets stuck on the apron for 20/30 minutes and then as happens in swampy you walk the 800 metres to Imm' so you get in the Q and reach the booth at 12.45am, or later, on the 11th.

You will be stamped in on the 11th.

Don't agree. Planes scheduled around midnight are quite likely to land earlier or later and therefore on a different day from scheduled. The official arrival time is when it hits the runway.

Had my say on the subject, not interested in continuing any longer.

Edited by Old Croc

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

What!!!!

Computers don't decide anything,  Ai is still a way off!  You are processed out by an actual person who inputs your flight details into the computer system. This he would get from the boarding pass, ticket, departure card, or whatever.  The flight time and date details are already in the computer. The stamp in a passport is an unnecessary part of the processing and only ever looked at again by the holder. 

To be honest I believe the date stamp Thailand puts in your passport will be the decider.

I take that from their rules that you must leave before midnight on the date your permission to stay expires. I don't believe for a minute they will use a flight time of OO.O5 to say you have overstayed.

05,00 would be a different ball game.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Old Croc said:

What!!!!

Computers don't decide anything,  Ai is still a way off!  You are processed out by an actual person who inputs your flight details into the computer system. This he would get from the boarding pass, ticket, departure card, or whatever.  The flight time and date details are already in the computer. The stamp in a passport is an unnecessary part of the processing and only ever looked at again by the holder. 

Sorry fella you're talking tosh... 

BKK has so many flights taking off/landing at the same time are you seriously suggesting that somebody arriving on SQ??? landing at 11:55PM will be given a different stamp than TG??? landing at 00:05AM (who for operational reasons might be in front of him in the queue) when they both rock up at 00:10am 

What if my 00:05am Flight arrives at 11:59PM? what date would i be stamped in?

Occams Razor mate, at midnight (or maybe end of shift) the IOs wind on to the next day & don't care what time your flight landed... 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 2

On 8/17/2019 at 12:57 AM, overherebc said:

Thirty years of luck meaning I've only lost one TM6 and had to fill in one new one at the Imm' desk.

Can you post a photo of where on the 'departure' part of the TM6 your flight number is noted especially if you leave via a land border?

So not 30 years of departing after midnight but getting away with an overstay because you went through immigration before midnight?  Thought not.

I'm sure most could find multiple TM6 images on line, all showing the field "Flight no. / Vehicle no." but I'll post a sample image here for you as it seems you may struggle.  In the TM6 app, that section is even titled "Departure Information" and has sections for type of transportation as well as flight no. and date.

tm6.thumb.png.df32ead04845dc4c548f3ab650c84ab0.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, treetops said:

So not 30 years of departing after midnight but getting away with an overstay because you went through immigration before midnight?  Thought not.

I'm sure most could find multiple TM6 images on line, all showing the field "Flight no. / Vehicle no." but I'll post a sample image here for you as it seems you may struggle.  In the TM6 app, that section is even titled "Departure Information" and has sections for type of transportation as well as flight no. and date.

tm6.thumb.png.df32ead04845dc4c548f3ab650c84ab0.png

I still don't fill it in.

Waste of time for a bit of useless paper. ???? 

Leaving at a land border all I could write is Skanksy's Pony.  Reg' No.  Size 43.

Edited by overherebc

On 8/21/2019 at 7:51 AM, DrJack54 said:

STOP!!!!! The op was asking about short overstay. Will not even have a fine. Application for Elite visa might be slightly delayed. Most likely not. Geezus 5 pages of <deleted>.

Hahaha yes, I came back to check on this and didn't realize how much of a debate it has become.
I guess I'll see what happens to me and come back here to update 

Thanks to everyone though! I appreciate it.