Little Walk mall

bkk6060

Had a little time so took a little ride to Little Walk mall. It is a little narrow strip off Sukhumvit. I was expecting little people to be around but the fitness center and coffee shops had a little more then I expected.

Villa market had little business.  Still very little shops open but expect a little more in the future.

Three little coffee shops with a little area out front for motorbikes. The Starbucks is not as little as the others.  I went to Cafe Amazon and had a little Expresso coffee.

Took a little walk around and some Thai families with little kids.

It is definitely a nice little quiet break from the buzz near the beach.

Little Walk.  A nice place to take a little load off and enjoy a little time to yourself.

IMG_20190814_090633203_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190814_090917128_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190814_090811643_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190814_090727819.jpg

15657497511955200004674187407512.jpg

Had a little time so I read your little post and enjoyed the little set of Little Walk photos you took.  I found your post more than a little interesting and appreciate your taking a little time to tell us about Little Walk.  Thanks more than a little!

I went into Little Walk a little while (few months) ago with the specific purpose to look for a hard to find item at Villa Market, which they didn't have. There was/is nothing there but a few coffee shops, a gym and Villa Market, all of which were completely empty, but it was a little early. The location of Villa Market is better than in the Avenue Shopping Mall, in central Pattaya on 2nd Road, which I had always blamed as being a major deterrent to shopping there and the primary reason that the store is always empty. But the prices were even higher (much higher) relative to other food shopping options than I had remembered. The selection at Villa Market is better than other food stores for imported stuff, but unless they are the only one that sells a particular item, you can always do better shopping/buying elsewhere. While the staff at Friendship are extremely rude, unfriendly and unhelpful,  I find the store to be the best compromise between selection/availability and price. I won't be going back to Little Walk any time soon. And from the look of the parking lot, few others will either. Sorry to make this post a rant on Villa Market, which was not my intent. The market will vote on their business model, which I think suggests that they now have 2 highly unprofitable locations in Pattaya. The third time is the charm.....

Went for a little mooch round Villa Market, Little Walk, a couple of weeks ago. Bought 3 packets of genuine Warburton's crumpets, 105 baht/pack of 6. Never seen them in Thailand before.

Went back yesterday and they only had one packet. Took it to checkout and they said "199 baht". On checking, they were Warburton's muffins. 200 baht? No thanks.

Very little there and overpriced. Also, it's just North of the Soi Siam exit but to get to it I have to drive all the way past the motorway exit, do a U turn and drive all the way back again. Probably won't be a regular visitor, unless they restock the Warburton's crumpets!

On 8/16/2019 at 6:11 AM, jacko45k said:

Where exactly is this? Can't say I have noticed it.

It’s where the old Index store used to be. Not quite opposite the new one on Sukhumvit but close. Heading towards Jomtien.

25 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

It’s where the old Index store used to be. Not quite opposite the new one on Sukhumvit but close. Heading towards Jomtien.

So before Soi Siam CC heading towards Jomtiem, after motorway flyover?

Sort of explains it, I always go up the Railway line bypass and come out at Numchai. Hence missed it. 

7 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

You need to be travelling South on Sukumvit towards Jomtien from the motorway exit. Just before you get to the Soi Siam turn off. A couple of 100 metres before the Klang turnoff. Signposted "Little Walk".

Yes thanks. Many years ago I lived up Soi Siam CC and often went to the old Index, just needed to dust off that memory.

6 hours ago, kenk24 said:

perspective: put that in some small central Thai city and it becomes Big Time Big Walk... hottest place in town.

Perspective: put LWM in some small central Thai city and it will still be an empty, of no interest/value "Little Crawl" Mall after the curiosity of the first week wears off.  You need to have something more than an over-priced food store (that sells stuff that small central city Thai's have no interest in and can't afford),  a gym and a few coffee shops to make it the "hottest place in town".  The local 7/11 (especially if there was a noodle soup shop and a motorbike repair shop next door) would be far more popular than a transplanted LWM....  In Pattaya, it asymptotically approaches "0"; in a small central Thai city it would be a "-8", the coldest place in town. It'll be a cold day in Pattaya when (if) Villa Market decides to put a store in a small central Thai city. Your perspective is skewed/warped -- just a little. 

19 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Also, it's just North of the Soi Siam exit but to get to it I have to drive all the way past the motorway exit, do a U turn and drive all the way back again.

To cut down on traffic lights maybe skip the tunnel and turn right down soi Siam CC, left at Railway Line and left onto last bit of Hwy 7. I am usually on a bike so tunnel not an option and go that way to avoid Sukhumvit. That Sukhumvit U-Turn can be dodgy, the one that was like the surface of the moon. 

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

To cut down on traffic lights maybe skip the tunnel and turn right down soi Siam CC, left at Railway Line and left onto last bit of Hwy 7. I am usually on a bike so tunnel not an option and go that way to avoid Sukhumvit. That Sukhumvit U-Turn can be dodgy, the one that was like the surface of the moon. 

It's a bit of a long way round but could be better on a bike. I never ride a bike in Pattaya, cars are safer and a lot more comfortable. Oh the memories I have of sitting at traffic lights on Pattaya Klang, in the burning sun and the heat from the exhaust slowly cooking me, much more pleasant in a car with the radio on and the A/C cranked up.

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

It's a bit of a long way round but could be better on a bike. I never ride a bike in Pattaya, cars are safer and a lot more comfortable. Oh the memories I have of sitting at traffic lights on Pattaya Klang, in the burning sun and the heat from the exhaust slowly cooking me, much more pleasant in a car with the radio on and the A/C cranked up.

Well I have given the truck an airing and of course it is more comfortable, but OMG the long waits and queues at traffic lights and scarcity of parking. Particularly difficult of late as all the road works have many finding different routes. I have found out of town shops nearer to home for most things. 

U-Turn at Klang if the lights have just gone red and cut through Index or down by Radi Mansion. (I am coming usually from the North)

Archived