BANGKOK
webfact

Points system on driving licenses will reduce accidents in Thailand

5 hours ago, kevin612 said:

I see many young fellas like age 12-15 drive motorbikes.

They are mature kids, I regularly see junior school kids boys and girls riding motorbikes with even younger siblings on the back

A few days I saw one of the above causing the front wheel to lift of the ground.

• Haha 2

drunk driving 3 points = license to kill 4 times before license suspended! 

Hilarious, a lot of people dont even have a licence so bring on points, get the police to do there job which would reduce accidents!!!

The police are a problem, but a far bigger problem is that the society is corrupt. 

What many people don't know is that countries where people are mostly lawful don't rely on police enforcement. 

They rely on most people following the law on their own, because they believe thr police, law makers and laws are just. 

In Thailand, most Thais don't trust other Thais. They don't trust the police. They don't trust the law makers. They don't trust the laws. 

They know the soul of the country, so laws have no effect. It's a lawless place. 

What this fails to address is how will the police catch the wrong-doers? They don't patrol the roads, and they watch 100 people pass them every day not wearing helmets. So, as usual, this new law will have the same affect as every other - none.

• Like 1

Agree 1,000,000% But it needs to be introduced now! Mind you I'm reay pissed at seeing drivers on the wrong side of the road and police do sweet FA about it!

Road deaths will go down when Thailand gets a police force.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ONly one thing will reduce the accidents here in Thailand: DRIVER TRAINING

2 minutes ago, kevinmartyn said:

Mind you I'm reay pissed at seeing drivers on the wrong side of the road and police do sweet FA about it!

Seriously, how far do they go on the wrong way?  I do it regularay, about 50 meters.

Points system on driving licenses will reduce accidents in Thailand

Wanna bet?

How can you put points on driving licences when most people in thailand don't have one, need to teach people how to drive properly in the 1st place and toughen up the driving test, and when the police stop people on bikes with no helmet don't just fine them, take the keys off them and tell them they can't ride away on the bike unless they go and buy a helmet, that might help with the amount of road deaths . 

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

image.png.5fcd3036ff5270d50d450a2b26f0f78f.png

A couple of holidays and 12 points are gone. 😂

Drunk Driving should be an automatic 12 points and ordered to re-sit driving test after mandatory 90 day ban and 25,000 Baht fine. Same for speeding! Including public and Schools buses! Don't mess around with people that do not care! 

6 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

And bullshit of decision makers, it will reduce the number of deaths on the road?

How many points did the top ranked policeman get for coming up with this grand idea? 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Drunk driving: 3 points

So you can be drink/drive 4 times before you're off the road... Its a watered down joke system...
I hate quoting countries but:

My country of birth has a points system...
minor offences ie minimal speeding, traffic light infringement, broken lights, bald tyres etc etc = 3 points
major offences gets you 5 points + on a rising scale according to the offence committed.
Drink driving is an automatic one year ban... heavy fine and possible jail time.

All points stay on your license for 3 years from the date of issue.
12 points you are off the road for one year!!!

That's how it should be done.