BANGKOK
webfact

Ripped off Chinese woman gets her wish as top cops raid Pattaya boiler room

2 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Looks like zero fcks given in the photo with the BIB walking around and Chinese still plugged into their laptop screens.

Looks to me like the Thai police/officials are checking the computers to see what was going on. Other opinions may vary. The zero fcks come later.

Posted (edited)

By the way, the headline is, so I don't get blocked for writing something else, a 'misunderstanding' by the OP. This was a scam, selling goods on-line and not delivering. Which is what the post says in the second paragraph once it has your attention.

A boiler room scam, to quote Investopedia, is a place or operation - usually a call center - where high-pressure salespeople call lists of potential investors ("sucker lists") to peddle speculative, sometimes fraudulent, securities.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

3 hours ago, Thaifriends said:

How stupid of them to stay at one place. Perhaps they should learn from falangs way of scamming 🤓

To cheat or con someone it needs a brain.

"To cheat or con someone it needs a brain".  That pretty much means Einstein would be a commoner here in LOS.  

• Haha 1

Remember when it comes to payment for GF's or Lazada. 

Also choose the Cash on delivery option.

Can't stress this enough people 😂

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Police are expanding the inquiry to try and ascertain who was the mastermind behind the scam. 

Need to go to China to solve that one !

An off topic post has been removed

7 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Same fine as an innocent falang. Same same, no diffen na. 

Agreed but x12

• Thanks 1

A house in a mooban at the top of Khao Noi seems to have a huge number of Chinese staying there. Coming and going all the time. Not unusual to see more than a dozen motorbikes parked outside, couple of dozen pairs of shoes. Might be innocent, might not.

The dead giveaway or am I out of touch with rents?  Who the hell pays 95,000 baht a month for a place in Nongprue?  Can I get a picture of the house from the outside!

5 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

The dead giveaway or am I out of touch with rents?  Who the hell pays 95,000 baht a month for a place in Nongprue?  Can I get a picture of the house from the outside!

Nongprue... it's not just Suksabai Villas anymore.

What a load of choice old smegma! As if Pattaya's finest would notice anything that wasn't directly under their noses, smelt of pla ra and had a temple money tree with thousand Baht notes attached to the branches.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BestB said:

How and why would police get suspicious of a house located away from the main streets ? Did police watch the house 24/7 to know they did not leave the house?

me thinks someone is not telling the full truth 

How did she know the house location/address?  Maybe the bad guys had links or physical address traces somehow linked to purchases.  Anyway, good riddance

24 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

How did she know the house location/address?  Maybe the bad guys had links or physical address traces somehow linked to purchases.  Anyway, good riddance

Thaivisa just made an over dramatic headline.

There were 12 Chinese staying in this house, they didn't want to go outside (probably sometimes they did or nobody would have known that there are 12 of them). Somebody (not the woman mentioned in the headline, they didn't mention who did) found this suspicious and reported it to police. Police gathered some evidence (no details given what exactly they gathered). Then they got a warrant from the court, raided the house and discovered what the chinese were doing.

While police was there the woman who is mentioned in the headline here, and who was scammed, called.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BestB said:

How and why would police get suspicious of a house located away from the main streets ?

The neighbors would be very suspicious. 12 Chinese men inside a house and never leave ?  Either we're talking about a gay orgie or a boiler room .  They were idiots for trying this in Thailand in the first place. 

18 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Perhaps neighbours reported their suspicions.

Perhaps 12 Chinese 'tourists' reported that as their address.

Perhaps TM30s, or lack of them, were useful.

Perhaps the landlord as it appears he already has a year's rent+ deposit.

• Like 1