BANGKOK
webfact

Ripped off Chinese woman gets her wish as top cops raid Pattaya boiler room

10 hours ago, thailand49 said:

The dead giveaway or am I out of touch with rents?  Who the hell pays 95,000 baht a month for a place in Nongprue?  Can I get a picture of the house from the outside!

Maybe a year.

Posted (edited)

Easy to arouse suspicions when stories like these are already in the news.

This 15 member call center arrest operation was posted last May . A few response posts complained that it took too long for the police to act on that case. 

It does not seem unlikely that they would target their investigations on a large group of guys who kept a low profile in a highly male oriented entertainment community. Maybe the Chinese should have partied a little harder to throw off the scent.

Edited by Seth1a2a

47 minutes ago, Seth1a2a said:

...a large group of guys who kept a low profile in a highly male oriented entertainment community...

Pattaya is within Nongprue but Nongprue certainly isn't Pattaya.

21 hours ago, BestB said:
On 8/14/2019 at 1:11 PM, Just Weird said:

Perhaps neighbours reported their suspicions.

Perhaps 12 Chinese 'tourists' reported that as their address.

Perhaps TM30s, or lack of them, were useful.

Perhaps then article would have said act

Perhaps the police didn't want to tell the reporter everything or perhaps the reporter didn't ask.

12 hours ago, brianthainess said:

pays 95,000 baht a month

It must have been a year, they probably paid 1 year in advance. 

14 hours ago, balo said:

The neighbors would be very suspicious. 12 Chinese men inside a house and never leave ?  Either we're talking about a gay orgie or a boiler room .  They were idiots for trying this in Thailand in the first place. 

Many scammers targeted their own country folks using Thailand as a base because they know the RTP can look the other way if the compensation is big enough and the scammed are not Thai. That is why boiler room scams operate with impunity here. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, thailand49 said:

The dead giveaway or am I out of touch with rents?  Who the hell pays 95,000 baht a month for a place in Nongprue?  Can I get a picture of the house from the outside!

The high rent could be part of a package deal to the owner to provide certain amenities such as application for fast internet, cable tv, well stocked food supply,... also maybe to keep his mouth shut and look the other way. Maybe even help them with banking facilities. Who knows what else. 

I had a penthouse once when somebody wanted to rent from me at a good price but needed 10 plus telephone lines installed .this was before fast internet in the 2000s. Asked why and the agent whispered”condo is rented for illegal sports betting syndicate” . I declined the offer. 

2 hours ago, balo said:

It must have been a year, they probably paid 1 year in advance. 

Judging by the nice chairs they might have slept with 4 people in a bed, but let's assume they only slept with two in a bedroom, then this means a house with 6 bedrooms, probably not possible for 8k per month.

Posted (edited)
On 8/14/2019 at 12:54 PM, Joe Mcseismic said:

The electricity meter man probably informed the police of the unusually high electricity usage.

This is how they bust marijuana farms in the UK. All those computers use juice.

LOL... they had laptops, not mainframe computers. They wouldn't even register on an electric bill. Cooking and air conditioning uses the juice. 

Now if they had something like this, then they would be using a lot of "juice"....

sunway-supercomputer.jpg

Edited by tropo