TM30 where to go

I fly into Bangkok on a domestic airline arriving around 9pm, Check into a hotel and depart the following day on an international flight , I will pass through immigration less than 24 hours after I arrived in Bangkok.

Coming back to Thailand arrive Bangkok 10pm ,stay at a friends house and depart again on an international flight 8pm the following day, again less than 24 hours.

What are the rules with the TM30? in my case , (I have an Multiple O visa) 

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For all intents and purposes none.

You do not need to worry about TM30 reporting unless you will be doing something at immigration.

So if you are doing postal or online 90 day reporting, you do not need to worry about TM30, and you can just use an agent every year when you renew your extensions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

I thought the same, then it was explained to me you can only use police station if no provincial immigration office exists.

In 2-3 older posts on the ThaiVisa forum it was mentioned that you can also submit your TM-30 at your local police station when there is no provincial Immigration Office OR when that office is too far away.

As my IO is in Sisaket and +70 km from where I live, I went to my local police station with my filled-in TM-30.  They stamped it and handed it back to me (took approx 3 minutes).  They did not make any copies, so I doubt that the provincial IO will be informed.  But I do now have a TM-30 with an official stamp, so at least I showed that I did report my stay.

However, to be on the safe side, some 2 weeks ago I also registered on the IO-website to do my TM-30 reporting on-line, and after confirming my e-mail address (step 1 in the proces) I am now waiting for my username:password.  Some TV-posters mentioned that they are already waiting up to 9 weeks with no response yet, so I guess I need to be patient.

Note 1: According to several posts the Sisaket Immigration Office is very relaxed re TM-30 reporting, but of course that could change in the near future as it seems TM-30 reporting is being enforced more strictly.  So it is recommeded to bring your TM-30 when you do your 90-days reporting. 

Note 2: This morning a meeting was being held in our small village in which an Immigration Office official explained the rules to the villagers re Immigration.  According to my lady, it was a friendly and informative meeting, and focus was mostly on reporting duties for cambodian nationals but also western farang were mentioned.  

10 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

They stamped it and handed it back to me (took approx 3 minutes).

I did my 90 yesterday and the last time I did my 90 days I advised them that I was going overseas in October and returning to stay in Phuket for a week, I asked the IO at that time if I had to do anything when I entered Thailand upon my return, as Phuket is another province.

The IO at that time said go to the police station and report to them, they will know what to do, then when you return to your province come to us with the paper, however this time I asked another IO and he said the hotel will notify us that you are staying there from X to Y, register on the app and when you get back to your province, update it and that will give us Z.

I would suggest if you have that piece of paper, i.e. the TM 30 you get that to them asap, just to be on the safe side so that you don't get a fine or at least call them and ask them if its ok to drop off when doing your 90 days because you live so far away, I doubt you will be fined as you have done what is required, i.e. attended the police station to get it stamped and reported yourself.

Good luck with it either way, and online will be the way to go in future.

We had a visit from my daughter, her husband and two kids recently...Aussies. We printed off various items from their passports and the wife took them to the local police station to report. All very pleasant, documents were filled out and some form of acknowledgement was issued. But the kicker was she was told still needed to drop the paperwork into the Nan IO, but not until next trip there (to Nan). She did so a few days later and was in and out in a couple of minutes.

I have permanent residence in Jomtien but we have a second home near Chaing Ria ( 40 km to immigration)

Rules say you can report to local Police Station which was what my partner and I did last time there as it is really here responsibility to notify as she is registered owner of the house .  The local Police station is hut on the side of the main road and when presented with the form gave way to bewilderment and after discussion with my Thai partner the Police Officer declined to sign and said we must first visit the local mayor and advise him plus get approval with his signature on the form and then the Police will sign !!!

This sounded like a real hassle every time we go to our 2nd home AND as the local mayor was away we could not do what the Immigration require within 24hrs !!!!  Ridiculous bureaucracy !!   

2 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

I have permanent residence in Jomtien but we have a second home near Chaing Ria ( 40 km to immigration)

Rules say you can report to local Police Station which was what my partner and I did last time there as it is really here responsibility to notify as she is registered owner of the house .  The local Police station is hut on the side of the main road and when presented with the form gave way to bewilderment and after discussion with my Thai partner the Police Officer declined to sign and said we must first visit the local mayor and advise him plus get approval with his signature on the form and then the Police will sign !!!

This sounded like a real hassle every time we go to our 2nd home AND as the local mayor was away we could not do what the Immigration require within 24hrs !!!!  Ridiculous bureaucracy !!   

Do you ever visit Chaing Rai immigration for 90 day reports or extension? If not, there is really no need to submit at Chaing Ria.  

The only  time you will be asked for a TM30 proof/reciept  (if at all) is when you visit immigration for other business.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

So if you are doing postal or online 90 day reporting, you do not need to worry about TM30, and you can just use an agent every year when you renew your extensions.

I dont think thats right.. here in Phuket they would not proccess 90 day untill the TM30 was sorted out...

21 hours ago, wozza said:

I fly into Bangkok on a domestic airline arriving around 9pm, Check into a hotel and depart the following day on an international flight , I will pass through immigration less than 24 hours after I arrived in Bangkok.

Coming back to Thailand arrive Bangkok 10pm ,stay at a friends house and depart again on an international flight 8pm the following day, again less than 24 hours.

What are the rules with the TM30? in my case , (I have an Multiple O visa) 

Who knows. All Thai law is a lottery in interpretation and it’s is all at the discretion of whoever wants to poke their nose in and get involved. The only way is to do everything in every law interpreted in whatever way you can possibly think of and it will still not be enough plus you will have no life. 

Just pay the money they are intent in scamming off if someone can be bothered and like it or leave. Anything else will tie you up in knots.

Edited by timewilltell