Jump to content

Army to auction dogs that failed commission tests


webfact

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JimGant said:

Probably a beautiful, gentle household member, especially a Lab, if all it did to flunk out was to put her paws to her ears, and whimper, at the sound of gunfire and passing tanks.

Sounds like my dog she's part Lab and can't stand thunderstorms

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fred white said:

Some countries do use vicious dogs for crowd control usely 3rd world countries

When the wall come down, east/west germany 99% of the GSD's that had been used to scare people turned out to be big soft mutts.

The vast majority were taken in as house pets. 😆 They looked the part and did a lot of barking but had been spoiled rotten by the handlers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mikebell said:
  1. Not so amazing running loose on roads; bringing down motor cyclists; causing cars to swerve into pedestrians; defecating every/any where; spreading diseases (like rabies,); disturbing sleep with constant barking/howling.

Depends on who owns them mine hasn't done any of those things except for the barking part she does let us know when someone is at the door but that's it

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Fred white said:

Some countries do use vicious dogs for crowd control usely 3rd world countries

One of the less well published facts on sniffer dogs is that some countries will introduce the dog to a very small sniff of say heroin or coke. Dog gets a little buzz and will keep trying to chase the buzz.. Those sadly enough are the most successful sniffer dogs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jack Mountain said:

I like to keep my freedom, dogs are pussies, can't stay alone. I prefer cats.

You are right they are pathetically dependent which is why some people like them, women especially. At least cats have an amount of independence and dignity, dogs are reduced to pretending to like humans for food!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, overherebc said:

One of the less well published facts on sniffer dogs is that some countries will introduce the dog to a very small sniff of say heroin or coke. Dog gets a little buzz and will keep trying to chase the buzz.. Those sadly enough are the most successful sniffer dogs.

have you got any proof of this?I have heard it but that was 40 years ago.

Hard to believe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fred white said:

Sold to a Chinese restaurant 😂

 

     That said , i do remember when slaughtered dogs , were for sale in Sakon Nakon .

       They were not skinned , just hung on a hook , with price tabs on them.

       For some reason black dogs , were more exspensive .

        They all tasted , same same to me...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mikebell said:
  1. Not so amazing running loose on roads; bringing down motor cyclists; causing cars to swerve into pedestrians; defecating every/any where; spreading diseases (like rabies,); disturbing sleep with constant barking/howling.

My dogs dont do any such thing  except barking of course when people approach gates of house or they find a snake.... but thats what they are paid to do

They are all big girls and seem to scare most Thais who do come to the gate but we dont have any near neighbors and gate is always locked we dont do open house often, although dogs rarely show much interest when " invited guests"  are inside.. All bets are off for uninvited ones but then again thats their job!!

I would never let my dogs near kids.....i dont trust them..... KIDS that is

 

IMHO in the countryside here dogs  are a necessity but then again i have always had guard dogs

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, overherebc said:

How do the dogs know what it smells like if they've never smelled it before?

By having is in a closed container and holding it under their nose.

 

I also know what durian smells like even though i never ate it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, poohy said:

My dogs dont do any such thing  except barking of course when people approach gates of house or they find a snake.... but thats what they are paid to do

They are all big girls and seem to scare most Thais who do come to the gate but we dont have any near neighbors and gate is always locked we dont do open house often, although dogs rarely show much interest when " invited guests"  are inside.. All bets are off for uninvited ones but then again thats their job!!

I would never let my dogs near kids.....i dont trust them..... KIDS that is

 

IMHO in the countryside here dogs  are a necessity but then again i have always had guard dogs

Same feelings on kids for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...