‘No parking’ zones painted at Central, North Pattaya & Sukhumvit junction

Rimmer

‘No parking’ zones painted at Central, North Pattaya & Sukhumvit junction

1359-n6-No-parking.jpg

PATTAYA:--following complaints about large buses blocking drivers’ vision and causing traffic jams, Pattaya city workers painted traffic lines across the Central-Sukhumvit and North-Sukhumvit roads intersection on Aug. 2 & Aug 5 respectively.

City officials and Surin Yimyam, president of the Soi 5 December Community oversaw the work where red-and-white “no parking” zones were painted where tour buses often park.

The illegally parked coaches cut down on traffic lanes, increased congestion and made it difficult to see for motorists exiting Soi 5 December and Pattaya School No. 5.

North Pattaya also had the same problem with busses and cars parking precariously near the intersection causing dangerous conditions for other drivers.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-08-14—

I need those no parking lines painted outside my gate to stop people parking their tractors , cars and motorbikes in front of it . Drives me insane and now I've told the wife every time somebody parks there I will turn the internet off because she and her sister spend most of the day on their butts using the internet to piss them off and hopefully it will stop . So far stop it around once every other day with the main culprit being her younger brother .

44 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Red & White is "No Parking" ?? :ermm:

Always thought is was "Reserved to taxi & bahtbus"... :whistling:,

at least in Pattaya.

It appears to be this way especially at the corner of beach road & walking street, it was stopped for a short while but like everything else not for long.

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

I need those no parking lines painted outside my gate to stop people parking their tractors , cars and motorbikes in front of it . Drives me insane and now I've told the wife every time somebody parks there I will turn the internet off because she and her sister spend most of the day on their butts using the internet to piss them off and hopefully it will stop . So far stop it around once every other day with the main culprit being her younger brother .

Possibly those in the vehicles are logged on your Wi-Fi!

Why do you put up with all these relatives?(Or are they putting up with you? ????)

3 hours ago, irwinfc said:

motorists here rarely pays attention to any lines drawn on roads, sidewalks, etc. heck, even the green-yellow-red kind of lights are ignored.

Exactly. There seems to be a lack of police will to ticket, clamp or tow vehicles that park or stop anywhere, anytime and for anything. The buses, scooter taxis, regular taxis and baht buses operate with impunity. Traffic wise, it is a town out of control

1 hour ago, Benmart said:

Exactly. There seems to be a lack of police will to ticket, clamp or tow vehicles that park or stop anywhere, anytime and for anything. The buses, scooter taxis, regular taxis and baht buses operate with impunity. Traffic wise, it is a town out of control

I actually saw an SUV with a boot on it in Bangkok close to the US embassy

Locals pay no attention to lines on the curb of the road. Go to any shopping place and try to find a disabled parking stall. They are close to the doors and so convenient for able bodied healthy axxxxles to park in. 

Now if the Pattaya officials will now do that to the east side of Jomthien Beach Road as they don't appear to be following through with the 'one way'  plan of years ago.  I would allow a free and easy 2 way traffic flow. 

1 hour ago, Boit said:

Now if the Pattaya officials will now do that to the east side of Jomthien Beach Road as they don't appear to be following through with the 'one way'  plan of years ago.  I would allow a free and easy 2 way traffic flow. 

the "one way plan" was a huge PITA because of too rare U-turns on Jomtien 2nd road.

16 hours ago, Benmart said:

absolutely out of control......

On 8/14/2019 at 5:26 PM, Benmart said:

Totally agree. Police at Teedin intersection South Pattaya are hopeless. Forget their traffic jam causing checkpoints (for which they have just received a dressing down about) they don't even prevent people parking in Red and White "No Parking" zones by the 7/11 & food stalls which block the filter lane to turn left towards the Mind Resort. Total chaos, everyday, right under their noses!!

On 8/14/2019 at 7:53 AM, Fred white said:

I actually saw an SUV with a boot on it in Bangkok close to the US embassy

The last time I was in Thailand, I saw wheel locks / boots being put on cars in Bangkok.  The guys pickup had a bunch of them in the back of it.  

First time I saw that happen.  

Archived