BANGKOK
webfact

New Zealand expat arrested for alleged drug dealing and working on retirement visa

14 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I can see drug possession but how is that drug dealing ? 

That's a good point. The article does not say that anyone observed him actually making transaction.  In the U.S. possession of "large" quantities is charged as "Possession with the intent to sell" or something to that effect; essentially drug dealing. I don't know if the penalties are the same as if caught doing a sale.

The article also sez "received reports the New Zealand man was running the restaurant without the correct visa and a work permit.  "Running a restaurant" can be interpreted quite broadly, and I wonder who had access to information about his lack of proper visa and work permit?

15 hours ago, worgeordie said:

He should be able to get a job in the prison canteen,

having restaurant experience. 

regards worgeordie

Spud bashing for the next 30 years 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

No doubt he will be required to undergo a blood or urine test whilst in custody. That will determine whether any, and what type of, drugs are in his system. So, if any of the drugs found by police are not in his system that would be proof that they were not being used by him personally. 

15 hours ago, Trujillo said:

What on earth is the point of having the cops stand around for some dillweed group photo? 

Look Boss  we  doing our  job.

This isn't unusual for New Zealanders to deal in Drugs their always doing it 

To save Thailand from Scum like this the Thai Police should take him out to sea tie some weights to the <deleted> and throw him over bourd save the world from the Scum and hopefully he doesn't kill any sharks or fish while their eating his cactus

To many faring think they can do what ever they like in Thailand and get away with it 👎👎👎🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🙏

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

i would imagine the amount was more than classed as personal.

• Thanks 1

The guy pointing to a bag on the floor...something odd about that...who keeps highly illegal products in plain sight on the floor? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Why don't they arrest that gang of Nigerian drug dealers who have been working out of Spankey's bar in Sukhumvit Soi 13, Bangkok for years... and stand on the street in full view of everyone every night? Are those guys on the correct visa? Or are they sending part of their proceeds to the the local cop station?

Edited by Ketyo
change text
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dragon Master 01 said:

This isn't unusual for New Zealanders to deal in Drugs their always doing it 

To save Thailand from Scum like this the Thai Police should take him out to sea tie some weights to the <deleted> and throw him over bourd save the world from the Scum and hopefully he doesn't kill any sharks or fish while their eating his cactus

To many faring think they can do what ever they like in Thailand and get away with it 👎👎👎🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🙏

isn't unusual for New Zealanders? what a Tw**ish comment!!, anyone form anywhere can start selling drugs , it not limited to countries....i'm guessing you're from the 'Drugs are bad' brigade, while swigging beers and smoking!

• Like 2

I hope he's not an English teacher.

drug dealing is a thai only job, he should have known

ah yeah and you need brown envelopes

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BestB said:

Why oh why do people continue to be so stupid in a country where stupidity comes with heavy penalties and to make it even more stupid drug dealing in Thailand on such small scale simply does not pay enough to justify the stupidity .

"Stupid is as stupid does"  --  Forest Gump 1994

Ahh well his girlfriend has just inherited a nicely refurbished bar and is now sole proprietor 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

The guy pointing to a bag on the floor...something odd about that...who keeps highly illegal products in plain sight on the floor? 

I have never seen it before, The cleaning lady must have dropped it